Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO?  (Read 2400 times)
orico (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:10:21 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2018, 08:26:50 PM by orico

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hcoin01

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:12:21 AM

I think it's a risky move to invest a lot of money.
Since I do not have a lot of params, I am trying to make a point shot when choosing ICO.
There are minimum deposit amounts to participate in ICOs. 0.5 eth invested in the last ICO I attended.
Elysio

Activity: 658
Merit: 153

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:15:12 AM

I joined every month one ico. My invest 1 or 2 ethereum but If project very very good and Investors vey big I invest max 5 ether. But now I don't invest ico because market very bad. All ico's under price ico.
orico (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:04:26 PM

I joined every month one ico. My invest 1 or 2 ethereum but If project very very good and Investors vey big I invest max 5 ether. But now I don't invest ico because market very bad. All ico's under price ico.

You mean the market is bad because of the price of ETH/BTC? or for other reasons?
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:10:37 PM

Most of the time I will choose to invest 2 ETH,
Because there's not a lot of 2ETH, and the risk of investing in ICO is high, and if the ICO doesn't appear on the exchange, it's worthless.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 12:12:40 PM

Actually, I won't invest if the project would like to fund $40ml. I follow someone who has a good for advising. How much is cap low how more is good for the ICO project and investor. However, I will say one more thing that I would like to invest up to my backup balance. That's mean I don't leave from my position if I fail to gain mine expect target from that ICO.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:14:31 PM

Personally i do not have large funds to invest and i have already invested in my favorite coins, so if i see a good ico i try to get in with small investment like $100-$200, then if the project turns out well i purchase more from the exchanges.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
katawan4741
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:28:00 PM

Invest of what you can afford to loss. If you think that the project has the potential and last long in yhe market then you could put big amount, but if you think that you have a little doubt about the project you can put less penny on it. And it depends on how much the min investments of an ICO will be. But first you have to make a research about the project to be able to avoid scam.
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 12:31:07 PM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

I think the average value of investment in an ICO project is 1 to 3 ETH

Maybe I belong to that participant, I have funds to invest in an ICO projects worth 7 ETH and usually invest in three different ICO projects with each investment worth 2 to 3 ETH
orico (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:39:01 PM

Personally i do not have large funds to invest and i have already invested in my favorite coins, so if i see a good ico i try to get in with small investment like $100-$200, then if the project turns out well i purchase more from the exchanges.

You won't invest in a project that has a minimum? say 1 ETH ?

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:43:07 PM

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Hardcaps isnt a valid indicator on my part on where i do put up huge money when they do have a high hard cap it would still always depend on the project if it would really be good then i would be willing to invest thousands of dollars depending on my own risk management which is the most important. The thing you should think on is the amount you do risk is the amount you cant afford to lose. I do consider those money is lost when i already invested it on a project.
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:45:51 PM

When investing knows that the success is big enough for my investment in ico but when I'm not familiar with it or it seems like a scam ico I did not invest in legit and success I just invested so much for my profit because another ico also because most investors are still risky so double careful for investors not just buying a coin when you do not know that legit so you do not get threat.
patykuprova

Merit: 10

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 05:50:43 PM

Hello Guys, Firstly I want to remind you, Please consider more twice before you invest in crypto! Depend on the ICOs then we decide to spend money, let's study about the crypto and research some ico. I think the if you found good ico, should spend 3ETH  to invest!

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
kaspabha

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:52:57 PM

Any one can not suggest you what amount should invest on ICO. It depend on the quality of ICO and your capacity. My maximum investment is 2 eth. I invested it for a best project as i thought and it gave me profit. ICO investment are very risky and you should decide what amount you can risk to get a high return.
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:00:14 PM

There are different situations, and I think it is not correct to talk about a specific amount. My maximum investment amount is 2 ETH and minimum 0.2 ETH. If we take as an example the recently ended Fantom tokensale, the maximum investment in the first 24 hours there was 1.692294656 ETH. The minimum contribution is 0.2 ETH.
Now, most of the top projects have highs and lows for investment. As a rule, these are sane amounts that the average investor can invest in the project.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:02:43 PM

Zero, zilch, nada, 0. That's how much I invest in ICOs. Even after seeing so many ICO projects exit scam or fail, if you are still looking for investing in them, than maybe you deserve it if you end up losing your money in it. More than 90% of the ICOs that launched last year have already failed, try to understand that statistic for a second and than decide if you want to invest in them.

firaituaku

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:04:55 PM

considering today many outstanding scam projects, I think it is very risky to invest a lot of money in ICO. and many investors are currently very avoiding ICO because they do not want to lose because of a scam. especially when the current market conditions are bad, the coin has a lot of decline. so I am very cautious and really learn about ICO if I want to invest. Good luck.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:05:11 PM

Amount you invest on ICO project can be define with the interest you have on that ICO I think because if that ICO is the scammy one you will not gonna invest the single penny for it mate. In dollar value wise we cannot say any project in the exact amount what we wish to invest.

Please check the ICObench website and see the good ICO project to put your fund on it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BigWinner87

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:09:25 PM

first of all I never invest in what seems a scammy ICO.
I invest more money in projects I think they're more valuable.
I make some research first and then I decide how much invest based on my budget.
this is what I do.
Surrapatt

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:19:13 PM

among investors are many kinds too, they are not all rich people, so when they make the investment it depends on their capital capabilities as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: