Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO?  (Read 2400 times)
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:25:41 PM

Personally, I adhere to the tactics "I invest so much of my money, how much I will not feel sorry for losing." Usually it is 1 etherium, this money I manage to earn as a result of trading on the stock exchange. For 1.5 years I have not invested my personal dollars in the crypto currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Originator

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:27:27 PM

All the same, it will depend not only on the project but also on the financial ability of the investor.
As much as I do not want to invest in the beginning of the company, I do not have the means to do this, I earn a bounty and direct all funds to trading.
For myself, I'm probably not psychologically able to invest more than 500 dolars in one project.
Moolah.lol

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:33:21 PM

At the moment I do not invest even in the top 10 coins. And I do not invest in ICO -basically, these are fraudulent schemes... Unfortunately, it is a matter of fact...
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:48:49 PM

The maximum i have ever invested in ICO was $500 and the least was $100. I do not go beyond the range, because that is the range i feel i can afford to lose peradventure it fails.
It is very important to invest only what you can afford to loose. No amount is too small to invest.
Alex09012004

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:53:46 PM

I guess even if a project looks very good, you shouldn't invest in it more than 20-25% of your bankroll. Everything can happen because cryptomarket is very unpredictable.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:53:52 PM

That was about a few months ago, when I invested in ICO. Not much, only about 0.7 eth which at that time eth was soaring high. After the ICO has finished, the token price has dropped dramatically, even now I see it. Although there is a bonus, but not sufficient to cover losses. After that, I never invested in ICO again.
cryptoid999

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:00:59 PM

The presale includes people with much higher than 1 thousand dollars,and at public auction includes people with about 1 thousand.
vbscarred

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:05:13 PM

Strange question. It all depends on what is the ICO and of course on the individual capabilities of the investor. I think everyone chooses the most promising projects. Personally, I do not test large amounts.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3478

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:14:15 PM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

I think most depends about your portfolio. Are you a crypto investor for a daily trading? Or you want wait some years?
Anyway the amount to invest is related to: how much you can afford to spend...
always differentiate your portfolio and make valid investment. personally I not choose a coin for their hardcap.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
orico (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:32:31 PM

Strange question. It all depends on what is the ICO and of course on the individual capabilities of the investor. I think everyone chooses the most promising projects. Personally, I do not test large amounts.

I think I have said the same in the first line of the post.

My question in other words was: "What is the average investment in a typical ICO"?

For example in the >$20m ICOs, how many people participated and what's the average investment of an typical individual.

From a statistical perspective its a valid and important question (not strange at all), if a company wants to plan an ICO and prepare its strategy and marketing budget. should it spend it's effort looking for 3-4 large investors? Or try to reach 100,000 small investors?
Melnikof

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:21:35 PM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

I always invest 5-10% of my income each month, regardless of whether the market falls or rises. I don't hurry and try to be calm. I just follow my plan! I'm ready to wait for some years before it's worked!
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:42:17 PM

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.
I personally i don't invest more than 100$ into an ICO, i know that is not much but i really wanna be safe than sorry, i think that the ICO investment scene is still not in the state to be fully trusted because of how the market is full of many scammers that not only make false projects but also make false promises on to improve or create a revolutionary way to pay for thing that gets over hyped and soon people lose interest in it and goes down.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:45:55 PM

ICO is very risky, most of ICO last few months are now bleeding, because they are affected in the dump of Bitcoin. My maximum investment in ICO is only 1 Ethereum, minimum is around 0.5 Ethereum. That's all, I know joining in ICO is very risky, but I am risk taker, that's why only 1 Ethereum is my maximum amount of investment.
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:48:11 PM

IMO, I have not invested in any ICO at all, just bounty hunting. As the current investment in ICO is very risky when the market downtrend very fast, the exchange rate has always decreased in recent months. So I do not invest in ICOs because of the risks it brings, I only invest in the top 10 altcoins market!

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:50:33 PM

I think amount of money I invest in any ICO depend on how good it is. If it's a really good project, I think I will spend thousands dollars to invest in but if there are more than 1 good ICO projects to invest in at a time so I think amount of money I invest in each project will decrease cause invest in only 1 project is really risky like you invest all your money in only 1 cryptocurrency Grin
Virtuxq

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:51:21 PM

before I invested in a few projects, ICO . my investment was about 10 ETH.
PrudnikovLS

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:00:15 PM

I think the average person invests in ICO on average from 1000-3000 $. My observations and conclusions are made on the basis of familiar people whom I observe.
Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:51:28 PM

before I invested in a few projects, ICO . my investment was about 10 ETH.

Honestly it's a huge amount to invest in ICO, I think you know that investing in crypto is too risky especially in ICO's. Well your capital is good enough.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:02:00 PM

Of course all investments are very different and for the amount also definitely different each of us investment. Like I was investing in pre-sale Inscoin. I invested in the project can be said not much and not a little. But I'm sure the insurance-related project is very good like inscoin.
Jayleon

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:04:01 PM

I believe the average investor invests about $500 dollars in an ICO that he/she tryst to have a promising future. Investors of Cryptos are being advised to only invest the amount they're willing to loose. For this reason most are cautious of the amount they invest because it is hard to trust ICOs nowadays. So it also depends on the trust level.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: