Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO?  (Read 2400 times)
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:08:04 PM

Just like 20% or less of my capital, investing in ICO is totally risky atleast for now since there are so many scam and worthless project out there. In order to avoid this, sellecting an ICO as our investment must be carefully, do your own research before giving someone your money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oFFisovm

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:41:38 PM

While not much, how much earned on the bounty so much and invested, about 0.5 eth

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:45:58 PM

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.
It actually depends on the type of ICO one invests in. For example, people are more likely to invest more in the telegram ICO than investing in a totally new business which came uo with an ICO, with no reputation at all. On an average, the minimum is like 1,000$ and people extend till like 10,000$. I am talking about the normal people here, not the rich af traders.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
darmin

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:08:54 AM

I sometimes invest in ICO with the value of the variable. and it is true that depends from the ICO itself also are potentially and sturdiness. 0.5 to 1 ethereum I usually invest in ICO. not too big but at least quite a few times and get the result is promising, too.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:22:29 AM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

In terms of investment I'm looking project which I believed very promising but of course still risky because we dont know it will happen or not. I suggest since better invest only you can afford to loss. I only invest 300 dollars per ICO that I want considering also that I have enough money for big Investment.

#Support Vanig
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:25:01 AM

Before I start, I would like to state the fact that nowadays (when bear market started)  investing to an ICO is very risky and haven't find any coin that will exceed its ico price after hitting an exchange.

Going back. I am a small time investor wherein I only invest few amount like up to $50-100. If the target is high I will only invest like  $50 since I think there's a lot of whales who can manipulate it. However last May I invested to hashcard because they have a good project (I contributed like $400 in ETH, I know it is not a lot for some of you) and the target funds is reachable but it turned out that it was a scam. In my insight, whether the cap is high or low or whatever the supply is, it will still depend on the project if it will give you a good profit.
dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:32:48 AM

I never once invested in ICO I better invest in altcoins because I do not want to wait for things that are uncertain and unclear because most of the ICOs are now failing and fake.
Godpikin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 01:42:14 AM

First of all, I have a mindset which is simply that, before making any investment, I always think if I can really afford to lose the money. I have invested some hundreds on dollars into ICOs before. Some turned out to be good while some became very bad. But in all, I always think about how much money I'm willing to lose.
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:45:17 AM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

I don't invest with money. But i invest with my time and efforts. i invest about 2-3 hours everyday to do what the bounty campaigns asked me to do. Sometimes more if there are no classes.
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:48:14 AM

Take note that only invest what you are willing to lose. As such inevesting $300-$500 is a good start up already because depending on how good the project it can triple or quadruple its value. But if you are willing to invest more than $1000 then I would suggest to split them in 3 or 4 ICO projects as it will maximize your earning potential while minimizing the risk of you getting in to bad projects or scams.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:52:57 AM

which I know invest does not specify some money or money invested in ICO because investing does not determine how much we should invest and so you do not spend too much money to invest in ICO because you are not careful you will not benefit from it's now you better invest in crypto because it is still decreasing

paramex

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:55:27 AM

personally, I think if it's a risky step to invest a lot of money. Since I do not have any params, I try to make a shooting point when choosing ICO. I invest in Ethereum but If the project is very very good and Investor is very big I invest more than 1 ETH. But now I do not invest because the market is so bad. All ICO below ICO prices.
trungdlvn

Activity: 151
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:58:34 AM

My investment fall in 3 number 0.1 - 0.3 - 0.5 ETH. I have never done any bigger than that.
The investment will be based on the research.
I saw your edit and I have to say they are right, ICO now is too risky. That is like selling the dream for dollar.
Now I focus on collecting long term shitcoins, its less risk while buying something already established. Well, I call it shitcoins but they are actually have purpose of being there.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:00:13 AM

The amount i invest on ice depends on what i feel in the project. If I'm justing testing the waters i invest as low as 150-200 usd. If i know that it will have an slight impact then I'd go for $500. Lastly ifnim prettybdure about it id invest as high as $1000. That's how i invest in be ICOs
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:37:46 AM

I think most of the time it depends on the project.
If I think this project can make me money, then I think I will choose ALL IN.

dailythemmo

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:38:57 AM

Few ETHs, That's a way to hold your ethereum, or bitcoin. But find information about ICO 1st then invest
januri

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:51:26 AM

in my opinion, if there are currently many incredible fraud projects, I think it is very risky to invest a lot of money in ICO. and many investors today are very avoiding ICO because they do not want to lose because of a scam. especially when the current market conditions are bad and prices are also going down. So I did some research first and then I decided how much investment was based on my budget.

kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:55:38 AM

I'm risking not more than $1000 because i know most of upcoming ico will be traded below ico price until the market will recover.

marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 05:50:57 AM

For me, in every campaign I have designate atleast 100 usd in each of the ico. It is better to spread your investment not just in a single campaign. But you must secure that the campaign you are joining to is a good ico, and is a legit. Many ico as of now is a scammy type ico, so better be aware of that.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
orico (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:15:36 PM

I'm risking not more than $1000 because i know most of upcoming ico will be traded below ico price until the market will recover.

Basically 2 ETH (at their current value) or $1000?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: