Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:43:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO?  (Read 2400 times)
thuychi

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:11:17 AM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.
"Don't invest more than you can afford to lose" is really good advice but for the new, inexperienced people, is very hard to make smart decision regarding any investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
orico (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:27:55 AM

Is anyone diversify in a strategic way? i.e. trying to build a portfolio of X companies over a year. Or do you take a more opportunistic approach of investing when and where you come across a good project?
Valay9836

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:31:43 AM

I believe that every invests so much, how many can afford . and if the project is a lot of promises that naturally invest more !
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:38:42 AM

I normally invest a moderate amount even if I think is going to be great because my experience tells me that there are too many things that can go wrong.
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:43:26 AM

I am going to invest 10 NEO in SPOTCOIN. It is a great ICO that has an already existing business and runs on the NEO chain. It looks a very amazing project!

matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:45:47 PM

I normally invest a moderate amount even if I think is going to be great because my experience tells me that there are too many things that can go wrong.
playing safe than being sorry if you missed out and played by the whales, oh well that's a good attitude when dealing with something that you still not comfortable with, but in time you will be able to go all in as you believe that investing is profitable for a project that will bring real usage, things will be
different when you are already sure about your investment.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:50:28 PM

Every investment in this cryptoworld are high risk especially to ico project theres no assurance of a good return, I only invest what I can afford to lose and I also diversify my investment into two or three ico project to avoid losing huge money dont invest to high promissing project that have no good developer inside.
Henry4457

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:33:47 PM

The amount i invest into ICO is not always fixed. What i do  most times is that, if i have any money to invest into ICOs of invest, i always divide the investments among the ICOs. I do not put my egg in one basket. For instance, if i have $200 with me, i would divide into 4 different parts and invest into 4 ICOs.
Enijesiku Sulaimom

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:47:02 PM

though i dont invest much in an ico but the little i usually invested i had lost greatly. and i later discovered that most of the ico's are fake and nothing but scam. out of 100% issued ico i can boldly say that 85% are genuinely fake. some icos are pack off and reopen by the same set of people with entire different identity.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:48:26 PM

I'm investing little amount of money in many ICO (less than 10 a month) because in this way I have a better diversification of risk.
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:53:07 PM

Investing in ICO's is a little risky now as a lot of them tank below ICO price when they hit the exchange. The safest bet is to invest amount of money you're willing to lose. 1 ETH is small for someone and 0.5 ETH is big loss for the other person, it depends on how much you can afford to risk. I'll advise you don't invest too much during ICO, wait for the coin at the exchange and bag more when it dips.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
Solidum Capital

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 12:54:46 PM

Is anyone diversify in a strategic way? i.e. trying to build a portfolio of X companies over a year. Or do you take a more opportunistic approach of investing when and where you come across a good project?

Of course, you should do that. The problem these days is that a lot of influencers and website are selling you ICO's (they are paid to do it). So you need to be really careful and always DYOR.
We, Solidum Capital investment crypto fund, are usually getting reliable info from whitepaper and talking with the team. It takes you some time to weed out unnecessary information but it's worth it.
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:39:18 PM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

In last times I have read many ICO whitepapers but I am starting to understand that reading many clever words about technologies, future and money means nothing really. Don’t waste your time, look forward, look on the team of project.
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:45:16 PM

I invest around about 100, 200. The trick with the game is to never invest more than your willing to lose- I know that old one!, but if you keep your investment low like this, I mean 1 a month or however it fits into your "expenses per month" in how much you can afford, then maybe 1 or 2 might make those max multipliers you are searching one, then you play with the money you make. Always be in a position to laugh if a coin goes to 0, if your borrowing money of sacrificing lifestyle cost to take part in this then you are unfortunately going to end up in a bad position

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
Gaggy185

Activity: 437

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:48:13 PM

A susceptible question for ICO investors. IMO, investment in ICO at this time is right because the closer to the end of the year the more potential ICO campaigns will be launched. And if you choose the potential ICO to invest in, you will have the opportunity to earn a high profit, and I usually only invest less than $ 1,000 in the ICO.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
sumaneaiyandiya

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:50:56 AM

Observe that exclusive contribute what you will lose. In that capacity inevesting $300-$500 is a decent start up as of now in light of the fact that relying upon how great the venture it can triple or fourfold its esteem. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you will contribute more than $1000 then I would recommend to part them in 3 or 4 ICO extends as it will augment your gaining potential while limiting the danger of you getting in to awful tasks or tricks.
zatteis

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:45:44 PM

I used to invest a lot if I find the idea to be attractive and if I see that the team of my chosen project is capable to handle the whole project and will truly work to make their idea come true. Look for the experience of the team and how they handle their community. If you receive a lovely treat, it's more probable that you are choosing the right one
quista

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:34:28 PM

For me, in each campaign, I've assigned at least $ 50 at most. It is better to spread your investments in one company.
NetCastle

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:37:15 PM

It all depends on how you studied the project and how it will show itself in the future, if the idea of ​​the project is good, then you can invest in it more.
marianna2020

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:49:03 PM

When choosing a good project, I usually invest about 0.3-0.5 ETH. After some time, if I continue to believe in this project, I buy  more tokens on the exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: