Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO?  (Read 2400 times)
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:26:40 PM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

I personally divided $ 500 into 5 ICOs
Each ICO is almost $ 100
I will study the experiment and then decide
Will I continue to invest in ICOs or not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SoftHkA

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:28:48 PM

I usually try to set aside 1 eth for each ICO, as I like to diversify my portfolio, if my investment goes well (the team is meeting the goals, the roadmap is being followed and everything is having success) I can invest more money, also try to participate in their bounties to help with marketing.
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:30:29 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 11:39:19 PM by Viscore

$300 will be a good start for ICO investment. It's also a safe price to invest because you will not lose that much if it goes bad and if it goes well, you can earn a decent amount of money. It also depends on the project, there are ICO's that has additional bonuses if you invest in big amounts.
That's right, only invest the amount that you can afford and never push yourself to give more. Many newly adopters thinking of easy and quick returns after they concur investment which is impossible to happen today, and they just keep on moaning if they just losing and never seen gains from it. Now, we should realize and accept things that isn't just like before.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:38:06 PM

Invest in ICO requires a very precise time and choose ICO is nice and has great potential. We know that many are now a lot of ICO scam and of course it keeps everyone alert.  I myself tried to invest 5 Ethereum and when a token already entered on the list of the Exchange. I was immediately sold it and I just get a little advantage because the price of a token directly weakened.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:52:12 PM

Personally I can invest between $1,000 and $10,000 into an ICO that I believe in, regardless of how the current market trend is because I believe that, when the bull run starts the eat projects will always be in profit so now is the best and ideal time to invest considering a lot of people are cutting their losses and selling at huge losses.
I will rather reinvest.

Join DeStream ICO: https://destream.io/?referralId=adf52557d7994818a3bf8131262f2179#action=bountyreg

Zaibraid

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:55:44 PM

Honestly, I was still afraid to invest in ICO because I had been a victim of several ICO scams before. I better join the ICO by following various sectors of the bounty campaign. This will make me more calm because I don't need to spend capital financially. I will also benefit greatly if I want to focus myself on joining a bounty campaign. I now apply following many bounty campaigns so I feel that the results I got were pretty good but not too risky. I just hope the creation of the ICO is increasingly responsible so that there is no more ICO fraud and ICO failure. Other than that I hope that the market will soon recover so that I can get many benefits.

misterChels

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:58:35 PM

Now, when the market is manipulative, I do not take part in ico. Now participating in them is too risky
Xetonica

Activity: 706

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:58:47 PM

Ill invest in crypto a small amount only because ill need to look first if the project the ill invested are trusted and if they are maybe ill shall put big amount to invest so that ill can earn enough profit for it it comes this be going to success.
kenharry

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:23:53 PM

How much one invest in an ICO depends on the prospects of the ICO. If the ICO is linked to a marketable product it will be attractive  and more people will invest a sizeable amount of money but if ICO is not a product ICO not much will be invested in.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:57:05 PM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

I more often invest in ICO more than a small amount, I last invested around $ 300 and at that time I saw the market movements of BTC and ETH were still quite stable and there was no price volatility so that other altcoin pairs could still tolerate
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:15:59 AM

Those days when I did ICOs I was particular about risking just $100 on any project that caught my fancy. So, how many coins that could buy then depended on the project's going price. That's on my average spending. There were instances when I risked less like in the Electroneum ICO where I vested a mere $30.

Risking is like a thousand bucks for me if  I'd go on a limb on an ICO without a clear concept. But if were to be sure the ICO's got a future, I'd go a little higher. Like I'm trying out mfx, with Eth down to new lows, can't stop thinking about that masternode(s) now.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:24:16 AM

Since you were specific on figures and not to debate on whether to participate & contribute, the amount of investment is really dependent on the come-on strength of the ICO specially the team behind it and if any big brand or name backs it up.

For regular aspiring ICO whose team is not well known but the project seems appealing, most people invest between the minimum token purchase limit and double of that. But for those ICO with a good team and is backed or promoted by a known personality, investment and contribution will not be less than double the minimum token purchase limit upto roughly 10x of it.

And though this has always been said, allow me to still remind everyone to invest only what you can risk to lose. It is safer that way.
boolog
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:30:19 AM

i'm just investing my time and see if it's worth it through bounties. i will invest money only when i have more experience with ico.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 01:33:20 AM

in the range of $ 100 to $ 1000. because investors must be many, and they might not take big risks by entering more than $ 5000 in ico.
ogundowotoby01

Activity: 117
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:47:09 PM

I don't think there is a specific amount that you can invest in an ico but there is a general rule with investments which says you shouldn't invest more than you are willing to lose. Do not invest any amount that is critical to you.

▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬   ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p   ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬
123swap.finance
Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
jeron31

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:59:32 PM

I always try to invest in a project approximately 10% of my bankroll. But if this is a really top project, then maybe i can invest 20 or even 30%.
okaypool

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:06:17 PM

I consider myself an average investor, and I try to choose quality - that is, I'm not chasing the quantity, but I'm looking for the best projects for investing. And usually I invest, at the current prices of the ethereum, up to 10 ETH
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:08:37 PM

I have once mistakenly invested 3eth  in one nonsense ponzi ico. Until today we don't know there whereabout, since that incidence i have decided not to invest in ico ever.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:08:54 PM

Guys have good strategy to spend around from 5 to 10% of the bank roll, because this way even if the ICO token will get a dump you will loose only around 3-6% of the bank roll which is pretty ok.

Xetonica

Activity: 706

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:48:27 AM

i'm just investing my time and see if it's worth it through bounties. i will invest money only when i have more experience with ico.
Actually you'll need some experience or try to go your friends on where they invested ICO.
As of now experience and learning of it must better so that we can aware and not to being greedy if we invested.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: