Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:35:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help! Bitpay took Payment  (Read 725 times)
Sircon (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:01:17 AM

Hello,

Need help getting back my bitcoins.

Tried to purchase Viper (Scrypt) Miner (25Mh/s) Litcoin Miner from Apha Technology.

Sent my bitcoin through Canadian Virtual Exchange with the address Alpha Technology provided.

I just got in contact with them and told me they have not receive payment.

I'm a little scared losing my coins please help

Thanks, 
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:58:33 AM

Hello,

Need help getting back my bitcoins.

Tried to purchase Viper (Scrypt) Miner (25Mh/s) Litcoin Miner from Apha Technology.

Sent my bitcoin through Canadian Virtual Exchange with the address Alpha Technology provided.

I just got in contact with them and told me they have not receive payment.

I'm a little scared losing my coins please help

Thanks, 

Where did you send it to? Do you have the transaction ID? Did you ask bitpay about it? Yeah, it happens that they don't see transactions but when you show them, they so far always manually fixed it, so don't worry but just talk to them.

(What worries me about this and prior such reports is, how bitpay profits from anonymous donations to charity that "didn't go through")

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Sircon (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:41:43 AM

Just sent them email and pic of transaction info.

If there's anything else I can do please help

Hope they get back to me soon

I'll keep on posting whats happening

Thanks,
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:42:56 AM

agreed with gizmo, look at your transaction and link them to the blockchain.info of that trasnaction to show them that the funds have indeed been transfered.

lets just hope that you did not manually type in the address and made a spelling mistake, as you then might aswell of paid a frog in a pond in Madagascar instead of paying bitpay.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Sircon (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:52:01 AM

I checked the address I sent it to with blockchain.info and i see the transaction and funds has been transferred.
Sircon (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:14:03 PM

Thanks guys,

Just got reply from Bitpay:

Hi Canh,

I'm happy to help you. It sounds like your invoice expired before your payment hit the blockchain. Do you know the invoice id url you paid? It would look like https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=ADHddvKTWGH6QzyARsrker.

If you don't have that then please send me the bitcoin address you sent your payment to and the TXID the payment is within.

Client Operations Team Lead- West Coast

Hope everything goes well.

Thanks again guys,

CD
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:21:17 PM

Thanks guys,

Just got reply from Bitpay:

Hi Canh,

I'm happy to help you. It sounds like your invoice expired before your payment hit the blockchain. Do you know the invoice id url you paid? It would look like https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=ADHddvKTWGH6QzyARsrker.

If you don't have that then please send me the bitcoin address you sent your payment to and the TXID the payment is within.

Client Operations Team Lead- West Coast

Hope everything goes well.

Thanks again guys,

CD

It seems the bitpay support service is pretty good, as they can get back to you within 12 hours.
LostNewbee

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:56:27 PM

Thanks again guys,

CD

Same exact thing happened to me 8 days ago!!!!
Bit pays initial response was quick and informative.
HOWEVER, the coins are still in their possession and ZEN desk has been less than helpful in resolving the issue. 
Their client, the vendor has actually been emailing daily for a week.

Bitpay situation is currently very disturbing Sad
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 07:36:36 PM

agreed with gizmo, look at your transaction and link them to the blockchain.info of that trasnaction to show them that the funds have indeed been transfered.

lets just hope that you did not manually type in the address and made a spelling mistake, as you then might aswell of paid a frog in a pond in Madagascar instead of paying bitpay.

Thanks to a checksum, chances of accidentally typing a valid bitcoin address are far less than 1%, so you should always be fine to try and type them in manually.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: