Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:44:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Apple continue killing bitcoin apps?  (Read 638 times)
CryptoCurrencyInc.com (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:08:14 AM

Why does Apple continue killing bitcoin apps?

They keep disappearing. In 2012 it was BitPak. Last November it was Coinbase. Earlier in January it was CoinJar. And on Wednesday it was Blockchain.

Apple has been eliminating apps in its App Store that process or deal with the popular cryptocurrency bitcoin. Cupertino allows plenty of other payment apps like PayPal, Venmo and a variety of banking apps, so the exception for those dealing in bitcoin has raised questions why Apple has been zeroing in on the controversial currency. The US Justice Department has said virtual currencies aren’t illegal.

In typical style, Apple did not return a request for comment.

http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2014/02/06/apple-bitcoin/

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:11:05 AM

They have a payment system they're coming out with soon which will be a direct competitor, and the new owner of Apple is ... well ... lets just say he's not Steve Jobs.  Barefoot and firing the board of directors.  Apple is now run by the board of directors again.  Which is why their stock is going to crumble when the "Jobs Afterglow" begins to fade in a couple years.  Its obvious that mere mortals are putting out apple products now.  There will be nothing special about them anymore.  iOS7 confirmed that for me.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:13:25 AM

Why does Apple continue killing bitcoin apps?

They keep disappearing. In 2012 it was BitPak. Last November it was Coinbase. Earlier in January it was CoinJar. And on Wednesday it was Blockchain.

Apple has been eliminating apps in its App Store that process or deal with the popular cryptocurrency bitcoin. Cupertino allows plenty of other payment apps like PayPal, Venmo and a variety of banking apps, so the exception for those dealing in bitcoin has raised questions why Apple has been zeroing in on the controversial currency. The US Justice Department has said virtual currencies aren’t illegal.

In typical style, Apple did not return a request for comment.

http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2014/02/06/apple-bitcoin/

They are afraid of a third party "app store" app popping up on non-jailbroken iphones and stealing all their $$$. They have a very restrictive development policy and this doesn't necessarily surprise me at all.  Apple's software development license is very restrictive and designed to protect their monetization
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:19:20 AM

Guys here's apples CEO EMAIL tcook@apple.com PLEASE feel free to email and support blockchain:)
Here's my email to the CEO:)
""Hi, I've been a long time supporter of Apple, from the first iPhone Smiley I still have the first iphone lol Smiley  When people didn't believe in the iPhone I thought this people don't see where technology is going. I have always thought Apple was a supporter of future technology, bitcoin is the future and if you don't support the future and block any thing that's to do with Bitcoin your company will cease from being the number ONE innovative tech company in the world Smiley I love Apple but if your company Stops believing in the future (bitcoin) than I guess I will have to give up my iPhone for a Android phone or something:!) Please reconsider your decision concerning blockchain:!) ""
Thank you
Apple

tcook@apple.com

Sent from iPhone

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:26:54 AM

Bad apples ruin it for everyone?
Apple computers are well made and easy to use, but their "walled-garden w/ no privacy" is a huge issue.
I no longer suggest anyone buy an Apple i_any__thing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: