Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:01:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arctus Wallet  (Read 210 times)
Arctus.io (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:35:52 PM

Hello everyone,

We are a team developing a decentralized multicurrency wallet with onboard shapeshift for exchanging and a peer-to-peer decentralized exchange  in development. We have registered for Shapeshift and Blockstack's 50k bounty campaign and are really in need of your feedback. Our project is open source and any input or help would be greatly appreciated!

The core concept of Arctus is to create a completely decentralized multi-currency wallet that will implement a Peer-to-Peer exchange powered by Smart Contracts without an intermediary wallet required.
Another core feature of Arctus is the ability to generate a full multi-currency wallet from a simple login and password, opening up the cryptocurrency world to anyone familiar with a login page, which encompasses a broader audience than current wallet solutions.

P.S. We are also going to have an airdrop to every Arctus Wallet with our own minable tokens but more on that later!

You can visit our wallet at https://wallet.arctus.io

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zaizoun

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:51:26 PM

Hello everyone,

We are a team developing a decentralized multicurrency wallet with onboard shapeshift for exchanging and a peer-to-peer decentralized exchange  in development. We have registered for Shapeshift and Blockstack's 50k bounty campaign and are really in need of your feedback. Our project is open source and any input or help would be greatly appreciated!

The core concept of Arctus is to create a completely decentralized multi-currency wallet that will implement a Peer-to-Peer exchange powered by Smart Contracts without an intermediary wallet required.
Another core feature of Arctus is the ability to generate a full multi-currency wallet from a simple login and password, opening up the cryptocurrency world to anyone familiar with a login page, which encompasses a broader audience than current wallet solutions.

P.S. We are also going to have an airdrop to every Arctus Wallet with our own minable tokens but more on that later!

Make it open source and then  we can discuss
Arctus.io (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:11:21 PM

Hello everyone,

Hey there, our project is opensource under the GNU General Public License v3.0,

https://github.com/arctuswallet/Arctus-Wallet/blob/master/LICENSE
MVT_Freedom

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:27:22 PM

The website looks pretty slick and userfriendly
Arctus.io (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:55:12 PM

The website looks pretty slick and userfriendly

Thanks a lot! We want to provide a clean and simple UI to our users! The UI is not finished, we are currently changing the send and receive transactions UI, should be updated by tomorrow!
Zaizoun

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:53:06 PM

Hello everyone,

Can you add building instructions please :p ? Thanks
Arctus.io (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:20:56 PM

Hey Zaizoun,

Alex here, part of the core development team. Although the project is indeed open source, it has still ways to go before being an easy project to pick up and contribute to. As such, we have included the website pre-built within the dist folder. If, however, you wish to build it yourself you will have to set up your environment to reserve the keywords used by the bitcoin-js library and blockstack library perspectively. Since you need to override the default ES uglifier Angular uses I would advise simply building dev builds without minification.

We will work on creating a better README but for now feel free to follow the following instructions:

npm install
// The below instruction will fail on the latest release due to a dependency missing, simply run npm install nameOfDep to fix
ng serve -o

Angular 6 & Node.JS are a pre-requisite of course. Let us know at info@arctus.io should you face any more issues.

Best,
Alexander Papageorgiou
Hello everyone,

Can you add building instructions please :p ? Thanks
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3422

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 01:51:08 PM

any input or help would be greatly appreciated!
Few suggestions:

1. It appears, it automatically logs me out after a certain amount of time (so maybe change this).
2. Ability to have/create multiple addresses for each crypto-currency.
3. Ability to sign a message (may not apply to all of the crypto-currencies).
4. Ability to name/label each address.
5. Addition of "coin control".
6. An alternative to "ShapeShift", since they recently started limiting users based on their location (two or more built in 3rd party exchanges).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Arctus.io (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:19:20 PM

Few suggestions:

1. It appears, it automatically logs me out after a certain amount of time (so maybe change this).
6. An alternative to "ShapeShift", since they recently started limiting users based on their location (two or more built in 3rd party exchanges).

Hey, first of all thanks for the input!

Regarding the logouts we are working on it! Really liked the idea of creating multiple addresses for each crypto and are working on it as we speak along with the notes that go with the transactions.
The label of the address again would make much sense with multiple addresses of one crypto and are currently thinking of saving the "preferences" of each user i.e. addresses names, chatbot interaction e.t.c. on the json file that the users download.
Finally the alternative to "shapeshift" is a peer-to-peer exchange that we are currently developing, until its finished and tested we will put changelly on the wallet.
We want to keep things decentralized and so everything has to run on the users client only!
Could you please explain what you mean by "coin control"?

Cheers!
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:22:48 PM

Really impressed by your transitions and user-interface.Although it could be a lot better, you have missed out important validations such as private keys. I input random 2 digit number yet it allows me proceed for selecting coins. I don't see any of the new bitcoin forks added? Please add BCD/BTH/BFI as they have a huge market but no dedicated wallet.

To the open-source part :
1. Add contributing/installing instructions.
2. Add a tutorial on how to use the wallet offline.
3.Webpack can be optimised to compress modules and reduce the bundle size.Check out some good plugins like Uglify/CommonChunks.
4.Good luck with your project. Only if you had used React I could have contributed.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

Hello everyone,

We are a team developing a decentralized multicurrency wallet with onboard shapeshift for exchanging and a peer-to-peer decentralized exchange  in development. We have registered for Shapeshift and Blockstack's 50k bounty campaign and are really in need of your feedback. Our project is open source and any input or help would be greatly appreciated!

you will need all plattform token, waves, ethereum, neo and in the future also eos, on that wallet or it wont be considered useful

regards

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3422

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 12:56:22 AM

Finally the alternative to "shapeshift" is a peer-to-peer exchange that we are currently developing, until its finished and tested we will put changelly on the wallet.
Personally, I prefer to have "ShapeShift" with its restrictions (until your p2p exchange is fully developed) instead of "changelly" (they have way too many complaints and I no longer trust them).

Could you please explain what you mean by "coin control"?
Sure (I highlighted the part I'm most interested in):

What is coin control? When you send bitcoins to someone else, the bitcoin client chooses kinda randomly which of your addresses will send the coins. With coin control you can exactly choose, which of your addresses will be the sending addresses. And even more specific which of your unspent outputs will be the sending inputs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mngweaze

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:27:42 AM

I find the site easy to navigate  but the bot script for the chat function is really annoying personally.
Bitbibe_Kang
Copper Member

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 07:22:17 AM

Your wallet service look nice, our team are developing a decentralized bitcoin & forked altcoin wallet too - https://bitbibe.io
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 12:42:21 PM

Attractive interface and unique design ----> good job. [Perhaps this wallet is the better choice for beginners than blockchain.info]
I would like to suggest the following:

- segwit address:  I noticed that I got a Legacy address "I do not know if there are problems with segwit's addresses."
 - Forks: There is no support for some forks: bitcoin or altcoin forks.
 - An alternative to "ShapeShift": As mentioned above.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Arctus.io (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:04:49 AM

Hey everyone, thank you a lot for your feedback! It has been very helpful!

We will transfer all your feedback on Github where everyone can have a better view of requests and working on providing a proper documentation for the project to get more developers abroad!

We are also thinking after the documentation to create a telegram channel where we can use polls on the requests to prioritize and to further decentralize our project by removing the core developer team as the decision making head!

It has been a hectic month but we are making a lot of progress as we identify that there is a need for a user friendly decentralized multicurrency wallet and want to provide it in the best way that we can. We have discussions with peer developers and users regarding the features that we could further implement on the Arctus wallet and from what we get so far is that there is room for a lot of growth! We are commited in it, we want to make it work and make the community part of it!

We will also respond on each of your comments later today to further discuss some of the issues that you have encountered and your requests on the wallet. It is an ongoing project and a lot of the requests that you have made were already on our timeline but also got a few things that we never thought of implementing!

Regarding Blockstack and Shapeshift's bounty campaign it will be conducted on the wallet as it was submitted by June 25th on github, so what happens from now is in our hands!

If you want to so some love, please vote for us by clicking the "heart" at the following link:
https://community.blockstack.org/wallet?d=eg4b5
Best regards!
MVT_Freedom

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:36:15 PM

Great to hear man! Wish you all the luck  Grin
Arctus.io (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:26:02 AM

Your wallet service look nice, our team are developing a decentralized bitcoin & forked altcoin wallet too - https://bitbibe.io

Hey there! really liked your BTC wallet! Good luck!

Attractive interface and unique design ----> good job. [Perhaps this wallet is the better choice for beginners than blockchain.info]
I would like to suggest the following:

- segwit address:  I noticed that I got a Legacy address "I do not know if there are problems with segwit's addresses."
 - Forks: There is no support for some forks: bitcoin or altcoin forks.
 - An alternative to "ShapeShift": As mentioned above.
I find the site easy to navigate  but the bot script for the chat function is really annoying personally.
Really impressed by your transitions and user-interface.Although it could be a lot better, you have missed out important validations such as private keys. I input random 2 digit number yet it allows me proceed for selecting coins. I don't see any of the new bitcoin forks added? Please add BCD/BTH/BFI as they have a huge market but no dedicated wallet.

To the open-source part :
1. Add contributing/installing instructions.
2. Add a tutorial on how to use the wallet offline.
3.Webpack can be optimised to compress modules and reduce the bundle size.Check out some good plugins like Uglify/CommonChunks.
4.Good luck with your project. Only if you had used React I could have contributed.
Few suggestions:

Hey everyone! We have included all your requests at our Github repo: https://github.com/arctuswallet/Arctus-Wallet/issues
If I forgot anyone please say so, or enter your request or issue on your own, we'd really appriecate it!
You are also welcome to join our telegram group if you need any help or want to discuss about the wallet. We are trying to build a user base and poll requests to remove the decision authority from us and move it to the public so feel free to join us on Telegram. I know that the group is still small but someone has to make a start! http://t.me/arctuswallet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: