Print  
Author Topic: Palin  (Read 3487 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:22:10 PM

Powell would have been destroyed, his whole family included and his wife (if that story is historically true) was 100% right NOT to let him run. Obama is a democrat, so anything you say against him is racist. This does not work for black conservatives. Quite the contrary.....

His wife repeatedly told him not to run, at various time.

I am of the opinion that anyone who was completely duped by Obama (eg...POWELL) cannot be said to possibly make a good president.

We need people a bit more street smart than that.  Now a Powell/Palin ticket would certainly be ...ah...  amusing....

But no one is street smart anymore (in the political world). "Streetsmartness" is hated by the political elites. It is mocked. It is ridiculed.

Now it is a show. A TV show. Candidates have 30 sec to answer complex questions. They need to be careful of gotchas, if they touch their nose or not on live TV. If they do good then it will prove to the voters they will be able to deal with "real" crisis. They are not afraid of the "jurnolists".

Sham-Wow!
The one who recently told this like it was directly to the media (and I am dubious he would have made a good Prez, but that is for other reasons) was Newt Gingrich.  

For me, the only names worth mentioning in the US republican party are Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Paul Ryan.  But, whoever you think is good, take the time to try to find and read some of their actual personal writings, instead of the media fakeness.  

Go figure out if they have half a brain.

Palin, I'd put her in charge of the EPA, and tell her to fucking destroy it, lock stock and barrel.  That'd be fun.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nitehawk (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

Now there's a good question who was the last streetsmart candidate ?

As far as palin give her the EPA and we would end nuking Malta for some unknown reason

Hmm safe jobs for palin ...
 I'd say soccer mom but there crazy
Postal service .... Ya not gonna work

Here we go underwater basket weaver

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:38:55 AM

You know what'd be really cool? A libertarian gay female atheist as president.

Libertarian and Gay is very rare.... and Libertarian females are rarer still...

I think Libertarians in general are pretty rare.

No... may be around 5-10% of the US population.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:02:59 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 09:44:14 PM by Spendulus

As far as palin give her the EPA and we would end nuking Malta for some unknown reason

Hmm safe jobs for palin ...
 I'd say soccer mom but there crazy
Postal service .... Ya not gonna work

Here we go underwater basket weaver

No, actually, the postal service is one of those weird US "independant companies" like the Federal Reserve.  But yeah, put Palin in charge of it and tell her to get it shut down, we don't need it anymore.  In fact, she could shut down one agency per year.  Or per month, maybe.

"Another agency in the cross hairs of moose gun..."

It'd have to be someone that held an actual JOB or two....lawyering doesn't count, neither does campaigning or something called community organizing.

"But I ask you the question - which is the smarter of the two elephants, the one which is having to find ways to feed itself out in the wilderness, or the one which has been taught to climb through hoops in the circus ?"

Which of the elephants could negotiate a deal with the likes of Putin ain't a hoop jumper.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:44:08 PM

Don't know why you would think so. So far I haven't run into libertarians that were homophobic, and I've ran into a few gay ones. I'm one myself even (though I'm more an anarchist)

As for Palin, I think with all the camera time she would have to do as President, that her eyeball will probably fall out from all the winking. That, or the side of her face will be VERY RIPPED AND MANLY with its own set of pecks.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:46:07 PM

Don't know why you would think so. So far I haven't run into libertarians that were homophobic, and I've ran into a few gay ones. I'm one myself even (though I'm more an anarchist)
because it's a question of chained percentages, say...

.05 x .05 = 0.0025% or, whatever
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:14:08 AM

Gays are overwhelmingly Democrat... with very sparse representation in the GOP / Libertarian Party.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:25:09 AM

Don't even bother trying to put the GOP / Libertarians together, it was well documented how often Ron Paul supporters got into fights and arguments with neo-conservatives in the last election, it's precisely because Libertarians support gay rights and are against war that they were constantly attacked and the neo-conservatives didn't like the way they were muscling into their territory.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:49:23 PM

Don't even bother trying to put the GOP / Libertarians together, it was well documented how often Ron Paul supporters got into fights and arguments with neo-conservatives in the last election, it's precisely because Libertarians support gay rights and are against war that they were constantly attacked and the neo-conservatives didn't like the way they were muscling into their territory.

Haven't you heard?  The first rule of a despot is to keep the enemy warring against itself, inflame it into bitter factions.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:30:44 PM

Gays are overwhelmingly Democrat... with very sparse representation in the GOP / Libertarian Party.

I actually put Democrats and GOP in the conservative pile, and Libertarians in the liberal. Conservatives don't want any change, and are both bigoted against something. GOP especially. Libertarians are at the opposite end of the spectrum, and are more liberal than Democrats, in the original definition of the word (democrats are still very anti-drug, for example)
player01

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:24:07 PM

You are about to see a wholesale takeover of the GOP by libertarians Keep your eyes peeled, we aren't going to stand for not having a voice, if we are stuck with the two party system, then we will be one of those parties.
player01

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:43:56 PM

I actually put Democrats and GOP in the conservative pile, and Libertarians in the liberal. Conservatives don't want any change, and are both bigoted against something. GOP especially. Libertarians are at the opposite end of the spectrum, and are more liberal than Democrats, in the original definition of the word (democrats are still very anti-drug, for example)

Democrats aren't VERY anti-drug, they are generally fine with selective non-enforcement of drug laws while against changing the laws themselves
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:38:44 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 12:02:14 AM by Spendulus

You are about to see a wholesale takeover of the GOP by libertarians Keep your eyes peeled, we aren't going to stand for not having a voice, if we are stuck with the two party system, then we will be one of those parties.

Might happen.  The libertarians would need to understand how to develop and field an army of supporters in various states.  Kind of like what Romney had and the others competing against him in the GOP didn't have.

Democrats aren't VERY anti-drug, they are generally fine with selective non-enforcement of drug laws while against changing the laws themselves
Democrats?  Anti-drug?  You got to be kidding.

Just look at the history of drug enforcement and the dominant politics, you will see little or no correlation.  Democrat judges, juries, cops and lawyers have put away more than their share of harmless drug users.

The reason for this is that most attorneys are Democrat, and most judges are attorneys, past the JP level.  This crowd isn't going to stop the massive money train and low risk of prosecuting drug offenses.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:47:56 PM

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:51:36 PM

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:55:06 PM

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:58:25 PM

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:59:41 PM

HOT
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:03:44 AM

Does not matter where you pidgeonhole anyone.  Since the first two years of Obama, libertarians and liberaltarians have been shoved to the far right by the nuevo Democratic party.
etm

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:46:00 AM

Has she hit the wall yet?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: