Print  
Author Topic: Palin  (Read 3482 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:20:44 AM

Does not matter where you pidgeonhole anyone.  Since the first two years of Obama, libertarians and liberaltarians have been shoved to the far right by the nuevo Democratic party.

I'd say that Obama has managed to create a wedge between the libertarians and liberaltarians, with the libertarians moving to the far-right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:00:45 PM

Does not matter where you pidgeonhole anyone.  Since the first two years of Obama, libertarians and liberaltarians have been shoved to the far right by the nuevo Democratic party.

I'd say that Obama has managed to create a wedge between the libertarians and liberaltarians, with the libertarians moving to the far-right.

As I said earlier...

Haven't you heard?  The first rule of a despot is to keep the enemy warring against itself, inflame it into bitter factions.

That's really all that smearing Palin is about.  Unfortunately.  That's all it's ever been about, from the very beginning of those campaigns.

As opposed to, say, having religious right and Palin and Tea Party and moderate conservatives join forces to take over the Republican party and present a fairly unified and cohesive block.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 09:58:22 PM

Haven't you heard?  The first rule of a despot is to keep the enemy warring against itself, inflame it into bitter factions.[/i]

That's really all that smearing Palin is about.  Unfortunately.  That's all it's ever been about, from the very beginning of those campaigns.

Huh... I never actually cared about her political views, and just thought that she was an idiot.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:59:31 AM

Haven't you heard?  The first rule of a despot is to keep the enemy warring against itself, inflame it into bitter factions.[/i]

Huh... I never actually cared about her political views, and just thought that she was an idiot.
Nowhere did I say or mention "political views".  You were basically, instructed to think of her as an idiot.  Boatloads of money were spent to create that effect. 

You followed your instructions. 

Reality does not matter, image does.

Well, that's what I think has gone one with Palin.  Standard Democratic party playbook, of course.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 06:27:03 AM

You were basically, instructed to think of her as an idiot.  Boatloads of money were spent to create that effect.  
Well, that's what I think has gone one with Palin.  Standard Democratic party playbook, of course.

Maybe, though I doubt much of her statements and interviews were taken out of context. In my eyes, she proved that she was an idiot by opening her mouth. (In my ears?)
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:24:42 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 03:16:36 PM by Spendulus

You were basically, instructed to think of her as an idiot.  Boatloads of money were spent to create that effect.  
Well, that's what I think has gone one with Palin.  Standard Democratic party playbook, of course.

Maybe, though I doubt much of her statements and interviews were taken out of context. In my eyes, she proved that she was an idiot by opening her mouth. (In my ears?)

It's likely a lot easier to inflame and smear if someone has a back country accent.  

Seems to be an acceptable form of prejudice, you think?

Standard propaganda technique.

Stereotype, demonize, ridicule pinpointed oppositional figures.  Heavy repetition desired imagery.  Goal, instill emotional response - not intellectual response - in target audience upon their seeing the cues (persons).

Wake up.  Look at the similarity between the demonization of Bush and Palin.  Bush, the hate was fomented him as "arch villian".  Palin, the stereotype used was "dumb airhead".

But it's some years later now so a lot of the useful idiots have forgot how they were led like puppets on a string on the Bush mantra.  Here'ya go!

One good way to force the Left to confront President Obama's own responsibility for his conduct in office is to compare his abuses of office with the record of President Bush 43, who was reviled by by his opposition as a dictator-wannabe, Constitution-abusing, moronic ogre straddling the line between simian and human. Doug Ross of Director Blue has produced an amusing comic-book approach toward explaining the differences between the two men:

Stuff Bush Didn't DO:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/02/stuff_bush_didnt_do.html

It's Obama that is showing his true colors as a dictator-wannabe, Constitution-abusing, moronic ogre.  Those things when said about Bush were part of a propaganda campaign to polarize opinion and make people angry at hearing or seeing Bush.

See the differences?
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

I am a "conservative" Christian female that typically votes Republican (although I scored more like a left-wing libertarian on a quiz I took the other day but I digress) and I would NEVER vote for Palin.  The thought seriously scares me!  Even Obama is better and I really don't like Obama much.  I would totally take Hillary Clinton over Palin.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:53:45 PM

....I would NEVER vote for Palin.....Even Obama is better...

Of course nobody ever asked you to Vote for Palin.  They asked you to vote for McCain or Obama. 

I am just curious, if you read my comments about the use of propaganda techniques to smear Palin, do you believe you were immune to them, or influenced somewhat or influenced a lot by them?  

dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:44:47 PM

If Palin runs for president and actually gets a substantial number of votes I am hiding in a bunker.

I'd just reserve my passport now, and get ready to hop on a plane with a flashdrive full of BTC
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 08:11:12 PM

If Palin runs for president and actually gets a substantial number of votes I am hiding in a bunker.

I'd just reserve my passport now, and get ready to hop on a plane with a flashdrive full of BTC

You do realise she'd just start launching nukes everywhere right? Bitcoins won't be of much help to you in a nuclear apocalypse.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:37:40 PM

You do realise she'd just start launching nukes everywhere right? Bitcoins won't be of much help to you in a nuclear apocalypse.
She would?  HOW?  I thought Obama was going to use them all up on the likes of Britian, Israel, Texas and other countries that didn't get along with him.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

It's likely a lot easier to inflame and smear if someone has a back country accent.  

Seems to be an acceptable form of prejudice, you think?

It wasn't the accent that she said it with, it was what she said. Things about her interests, what books or news she reads, her opinions on things. She's not a very, um, "worldly" person.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: