Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:52:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is POT illegal?  (Read 826 times)
DrHerbSmoker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:45:02 PM

yes when u have your card in michigan u can carry up to 2.5 oz of cured and dried MMJ
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:59:05 PM

because of racism, immigrant mexicans use to use too much pot, in order to chase them out racist americans banned marijuana, and that's why marijuana is illegal today Wink

because of racism, immigrant mexicans use to use too much pot, in order to chase them out racist americans banned marijuana, and that's why marijuana is illegal today Wink
Yeah exactly. Weed and shrooms were associated with ethnic minorities, that's why they banned them in the US. It used to be legal in Europe until ~ 20 years ago, but they banned it along with poppy under the western influence. Recently Czech Republic depenalized it, in many countries the old laws still exist, but if they cath you with it they just confiscate it and let you go with a warning.

Was not just Mexicans but African Americans too.

i thought it was against the law in Mexico too    Cool

It probably wasn't back in the day.

Good topic. I've never put it to real thought why it is/was illegal except that big pharm has been cockblocking by buying off the govt, well parts of the govt at least to keep it illegal. Yesterday was actually when I found out why it was illegal and it stunned me when I viewed the video in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451881.msg4975115#msg4975115

Which I will take you directly to
5:16 >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7fjKPTrA5X4#t=316

Which backs up the above quoted.
DrHerbSmoker

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:00:09 PM

yes and its probally the most debated topic in history . its crazy how many people wonder why it is even legal and why we cnat use such a great substance
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:03:17 PM

it's so awesome that everyone's head is in order that people don't even need shrooms anymore.   and went so far as to make them ILLEGAL

it boggles the mind

we must be living in paradise!!
Because the government thinks you're a moron. They have this idea of a model citizen and try to shape you to be one, and a model citizen can't blow off steam on his own, he has to use their alcohol (that's why you can't moonshine),and their drugs (kaffeine). You make your own, you go to jail, son!  Smiley

so the solution is to make our own alchocol? Cheesy

my family owns around 6-7 plums, we make brandy from it Cheesy

it's kind of a region thing here, almost every 3rd guy from Slavonia in Croatia makes his own brandy especially in rural areas Cheesy
Yeah heard of it, they also make it in Czech and Slovakia, called slivovica. They used to make it illegally but I heard it was then classified as natural medicine.
I know people who made alcohol for years, it's forbidden and you can even go to jail for selling home made alcohol but nobody ever cared. I had the pleasure to try regional specialities like moonshine, mead and walnut liqueur. Cheesy

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

it's so awesome that everyone's head is in order that people don't even need shrooms anymore.   and went so far as to make them ILLEGAL

it boggles the mind

we must be living in paradise!!
Because the government thinks you're a moron. They have this idea of a model citizen and try to shape you to be one, and a model citizen can't blow off steam on his own, he has to use their alcohol (that's why you can't moonshine),and their drugs (kaffeine). You make your own, you go to jail, son!  Smiley

so the solution is to make our own alchocol? Cheesy

my family owns around 6-7 plums, we make brandy from it Cheesy

it's kind of a region thing here, almost every 3rd guy from Slavonia in Croatia makes his own brandy especially in rural areas Cheesy
Yeah heard of it, they also make it in Czech and Slovakia, called slivovica. They used to make it illegally but I heard it was then classified as natural medicine.
I know people who made alcohol for years, it's forbidden and you can even go to jail for selling home made alcohol but nobody ever cared. I had the pleasure to try regional specialities like moonshine, mead and walnut liqueur. Cheesy

what makes moonshine so special?  the dangerous impurities?

Officially that it's not checked by authorities, so it can even be deadly (if they add methanol). It used to be a problem, especialy in Russia. They were stealing methanol from paint factories, filtering it and mixing with spirits. Real moonshine, if made properly, can be purer than factory made liquor.
Unofficially alcohol companies want the market to be as small as possible, so they pressure government to fight moonshiners. Have you ever thought why there are so many wineries and so little destilleries, even though it's easier to make spirits than wine?

DrHerbSmoker

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:31:17 PM

i dont believe that moonshine can be more pure than factory implications. theres no way or te fda woulda approve
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:52:44 PM

Its been in on going thing heres the documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeC8y19UBt4

DEA needs to crack down ppl, to get funds to continue.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: