Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 04:28:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i put almost all my money and lost a lot  (Read 8622 times)
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 11:01:24 PM

LOL you invested, waited until it drops to the bottom and sold?  Grin Either you invest and hold for at least 6 months and see what happens, or you invest and keep finger on the trigger to sell immediately on the first sight of crash.

Buying and selling at a loss is, most of the time, either due to the investor having panicked (sounds like it in this case!) or the investor having used money he couldn't lose and pulled out before potentially losing it all (again, sounds like our case).

Either way, I would've held.

Well yes. True question is how to invest into crypto and loose it all?
It is quite interesting.

Anyway Op seems to be hiding some secrets for later :-)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 11:15:38 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 04:53:05 PM by bitpop

angrynerd88 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:44:46 PM

Op was gambling, not trading. And he couldn't have lost that much. Maybe 20%

i lost much more , much more. I bought when bitcoin was 1050 cause i waited to much and at that time it seemed it was going up, and exactely in that time there was the epic dump. I waited a bit, then when i saw price going under 700 i had to sell, i simply could not bear a bigger loss. BUt bitcoin recovered slowly so i made wrong decision. I decided to enter another time to get some money back and i was newly unlucky. Ok i should have hold. But i am not a long term investor, i do not give trust to bitcoin, to me is a temporary bubble and could end from a moment to the other and value go back to 10. This is cause i sold so fast. Totally i lost about 4-5000 euroes of 8000 euroes invested in 2 attempts, i tried cause all my friends were doing some money with bitcoin and convinced me, at last. So i tried to do the same, after being what i supposed to be well informed. I did my bitstamp account and bought. I was unlucky. It was maybe the worst moment of all year, almost. And even this second time, wrong moment. I will invest nothing on bitcoin or in other financial assets for all my life. I am a 25 yo italian boy and i am a father since 3 years ago, i have a little girl to breed and an uncertain job which gives me simply enough to eat and nothing more, and i am even trying to continue studying, even though is very difficult to find time.
I was illuded to make some money fast, money which i would have really needed, people convinced me it was easy, someone made 10 times the money in few months, so i tried too. And i am serious now: i put about 80% of my savings in btc, i will be hardly able to pay the leasehold next month, and this just cause i have been stupid and believed shit people said about easy earnings. Best regards, i leave this website and bitcoin community forever, i hope someone has read this and will be saved too.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 11:47:49 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 04:53:27 PM by bitpop

Chancellor

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:01:28 AM

people convinced me it was easy, someone made 10 times the money in few months, so i tried too.
This someone was smart. You are not.

BTC: 1GRx2H5esyFTucZCt1eX9tjpoqfMrbVHMT
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:05:12 AM

Well, Bitcoin isn't an investment, it's a cryptocurrency.

I constantly see you pointing out to morons people in here the obvious. Does your forehead hurt yet from banging it against the wall?

I'm grumpy!!
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 12:38:42 AM

am I the only one LOL'ing at the OP's choice of name?

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:59:07 AM

I have the rare gift of feeling sorry for people who have problems that they have caused themselves. If you are still there, OP, I do feel for you, even though it is obvious to everyone that you have made some major mistakes. I hope you can make ends meet. I have certainly had ups and downs with bitcoin, though on balance more successes than problems. I wish you good luck and a wiser head on your shoulders in the future.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:02:28 AM

Great news, see below:

do not do my error, go away until you can, this is a gigantic bubble, in few years people will laugh at "that bitcoin bubble of 2013-2014" and books will write on it. There is no future.

Bitcoin has a solid history of making new highs, you haven't really lost at all, just hold on and also buy more.   Smiley

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:16:40 AM

I'm sure people felt the same after every other all time high.

Bitcoin takes plenty of knocks on a daily basis, it's also becoming a more solid proposition globally by the day too.

Looking into the history of the value, it should be relatively clear that it's a multi-year leap of faith. Another 2013 may never happen again for rapid gains but the room for price growth is still huge.

I think you should retain a little bit of trust and keep a small amount. I've bought 2.1 bitcoins each for my friends as a symbolic number. That might be a life changing amount well before 2020.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:20:13 AM

Based on his second post I'm not sure he still holds any bitcoins.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:22:51 AM

Shame. Well, there's a good possibility he'll be able to buy back a little bit for a good price in the coming days and weeks. Depends on whether the OP can bear to do it again.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:56:05 AM

BEAR with us till monday OP, you can do it! Maybe Gox announces fail and you'll get your money back.

cventura

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:20:13 AM

It's all about faith OP, which clearly you have lost! or maybe i'm just being way to optimistic but either way i believe btc is a going to skyrocket in the next 3-4 weeks  Grin ( just an opinion )
Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:29:41 AM

I hope you're trolling, otherwise you have made ​​a big mistake. I guarantee you that the price in 2014 will tap at least 1200, and probably much more.
FEdison

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:34:56 AM

Op was gambling, not trading. And he couldn't have lost that much. Maybe 20%

i lost much more , much more. I bought when bitcoin was 1050 cause i waited to much and at that time it seemed it was going up, and exactely in that time there was the epic dump. I waited a bit, then when i saw price going under 700 i had to sell, i simply could not bear a bigger loss. BUt bitcoin recovered slowly so i made wrong decision. I decided to enter another time to get some money back and i was newly unlucky. Ok i should have hold. But i am not a long term investor, i do not give trust to bitcoin, to me is a temporary bubble and could end from a moment to the other and value go back to 10. This is cause i sold so fast. Totally i lost about 4-5000 euroes of 8000 euroes invested in 2 attempts, i tried cause all my friends were doing some money with bitcoin and convinced me, at last. So i tried to do the same, after being what i supposed to be well informed. I did my bitstamp account and bought. I was unlucky. It was maybe the worst moment of all year, almost. And even this second time, wrong moment. I will invest nothing on bitcoin or in other financial assets for all my life. I am a 25 yo italian boy and i am a father since 3 years ago, i have a little girl to breed and an uncertain job which gives me simply enough to eat and nothing more, and i am even trying to continue studying, even though is very difficult to find time.
I was illuded to make some money fast, money which i would have really needed, people convinced me it was easy, someone made 10 times the money in few months, so i tried too. And i am serious now: i put about 80% of my savings in btc, i will be hardly able to pay the leasehold next month, and this just cause i have been stupid and believed shit people said about easy earnings. Best regards, i leave this website and bitcoin community forever, i hope someone has read this and will be saved too.

>A little girl to breed

Lolwut?

On a serious note though, stop selling! Bitcoins fluctuate in value all the time. As more companies start accepting them- this is growing exponentially- more people will get into them increasing the market cap. You'll be glad as heck that you were an early investor.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:36:11 AM

Whenever I (or the price) feel down, I change the chart to 6 Months, and remember I'm up 800%.

johnnicholss

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:59:29 AM

whenever btc price crashes it will back and rise with in months. I am expecting bitcoin price will reach $10000 in 2015
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:16:49 AM

Sorry to hear that man.  Never ever invest more than you're willing to lose.  If I lost everything I put in right now, I would still be good.    I would say if you really really need the money, get it out.  If not, just hold on for a while, it'll go back up. 
auzaar

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:29:11 AM

I feel sorry for you, but you did the typical mistakes which most people do, buys on high, sells in panic, and then real quandary is that you put the money which you can't afford to loose in an experimental currency. If you believe in something you should wait till confirmation (goes up or goes to 0) , if don't believe in something you should not invest, no-body on average can't earn by trading the market.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: