Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Other ways to make money with B3 antminer  (Read 203 times)
Hildy (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:13:03 PM

Tensority whitepaper states something along the lines of having other uses for old and outdated hardware, which I feel is coming soon the B3 will unprofitable @ average electrical costs unless Bytom prices really go up. I wonder what these other uses may be and if B3 can do anything  besides mining like renting cloud computing power using tensorflow. What do you guys think? Am I just misunderstanding what the whitepaper says?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cod3gen

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 05:22:17 PM

The B3`s consists of BM1680 chips from Bitmain.. So yes its possible to use these for other Algo`s, these chips are not limited to one specific. However the chip have no external memory controller attached to it, so thats cuts of a lot of algos.

https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/bitmain/sophon/bm1680

https://archive.sophon.ai/sophon-prod/drive/BM1680_Datasheet%20V1.0.pdf

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:06:40 PM

I think that the performance of B3 is low because of memory.
 If sufficiently fast memory is loaded probably about 4kH/s should be able to go. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
However, the hash board is not equipped with memory, it is just a little loaded on the controller. This seems to be a bottleneck.

The correspondence with software is about overclocking, and it is necessary to change the hardware to make it faster, and from the cost point of view BITMAIN is unlikely to provide it.

In addition, it is a rumor that BITMAIN will launch the next generation AI chip this summer. Probably this will be fairly high performance. I imagine that it is shaped like a memory mounted on one chip like Z9. This is probably also a powerful weapon for mining.
Realistically thinking, we used it for inventory disposal of old chips. It seems that BITMAIN sold the second batch earlier and the fact that the GPU minor for Tensoriy was sold as a product in China also affected it. I heard that the miner originally distributed by UUpool also cracked this and ignored the GPL license at all.

BITMAIN sells it based on the policy of determining the price based on ROI. If there is a sudden change in this, and the customer suffers a great disadvantage, it is customary to compensate with refund or issue of coupon ticket. There was a refund of 580USD only to buyers of the first batch this time. There is nothing in the second batch at all.

BITMAIN is not directly responsible for changes in ROI. However, if you purchase a product that does not provide sufficient performance from the customer's point of view, or if the result is different from the original vision, you will want to seek compensation. But, they do not have responsibility. Since the algorithm is open source, everyone can make miner from scratch entirely.

Based on the above, we believe that additional compensation of around 1000 USD is appropriate. Towards buyers of each batch.
Considering the commitment of BITMAIN's responsibility, I think that it should be a coupon instead of money.
Or, as much as 1200USD discount is done for miner equipped with next generation AI chip etc .... Tongue Tongue Tongue
Hildy (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:49:33 AM

Wow thanks for all that info. That sucks our miners have crap memory but I am still interested in mining other coins if that ever becomes possible. A refund from Bitmain would be sweet, I’ll message them again but doubt we’ll get anything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: