Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:06:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cpu mining?  (Read 1003 times)
cart.01

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:05:04 AM

Cpu mining is worth it,l like it Lips sealed
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:26:02 AM

but for who have a electricity and internet free. my experience using that:

1. has a bit hashrate although have many CPU.

2. The payout time from Pool is very long time

3. Performance a processor very heavy.

if was calculate payment electricity and internet per month compared a profit. can be a less profit and not proportional to CPU performance.

77Balloo77

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:34:40 AM

but for who have a electricity and internet free. my experience using that:

1. has a bit hashrate although have many CPU.

2. The payout time from Pool is very long time

3. Performance a processor very heavy.

if was calculate payment electricity and internet per month compared a profit. can be a less profit and not proportional to CPU performance.
https://cryply.luckypool.org/index.php?page=calc
you can check Cryply cpu benchmark there
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:53:43 AM

https://cryply.luckypool.org/index.php?page=calc
you can check Cryply cpu benchmark there
thank's for the information.
but I have was trying using CPU even using  1U, 2U, 5U, for me CPU and those servers still not worth. for me mining with CPU to only to know about mining process not to find a profit.

shubham412302

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:44:32 AM

Zcoin earns 2x on CPU as crypto night coins but CPU temps are high
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:41:35 PM

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 200+ Orphans monthly)  
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only)  

That's actually a really good looking project. It doesn't seem like it offers much in the category of technological innovation, but I really like the premises of being ASIC resistant, donating to efficient charities that sponsor orphans, no pre-mining and other parts of their road-map that seems very interesting. I'm not one to normally get involved with these altcoins, but I can certainly appreciate CPU only mining and supporting orphans. I'm going to do some more research for CPU only coins, but so far this seems pretty good from a mining perspective.
hypev2

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:10:03 PM

Zcoin earns 2x on CPU as crypto night coins but CPU temps are high

I've tried mining ZCoin using MiningPoolHub, well in my experience, I was not able to get a decent rate. Then I moved on to mining XMR and I feel it is better than mining ZCoin. It might be due to difficulty or even the current price of the coin. Try mining XMR using nanopool. Cheers.

CryptoMaze ~ cryptomaze.io ~
Trusted ICO Marketing and Bounty Management Firm. (https://cryptomaze.io)
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:52:10 PM

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 200+ Orphans monthly)  

That's actually a really good looking project. It doesn't seem like it offers much in the category of technological innovation, but I really like the premises of being ASIC resistant, donating to efficient charities that sponsor orphans, no pre-mining and other parts of their road-map that seems very interesting. I'm not one to normally get involved with these altcoins, but I can certainly appreciate CPU only mining and supporting orphans. I'm going to do some more research for CPU only coins, but so far this seems pretty good from a mining perspective.

We now reward coins for CPU Cancer Research! (as well as many other diseases)

BiblePay (BBP)
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance, Proposals & Voting), 10% Monthly Budget for IT/PR/P2P Live  
- Proof of BibleHash (POBh) algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes  
- Ranked #145 in Code Commits

Launched July 23rd 2017, Market Cap $1-2 million, $0.0026 per BBP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

38% of BiblePay coins are rewarded to Healing and Curing with Distributed Computing  [Contributing CPU Cycles to Science Research]
- Rosetta@home (Cancer, AIDS/HIV, Malaria, Alzheimer’s)
- World Community Grid (Cancer, AIDS, Zika, Tuberculosis, Clean Energy, Ebola)

KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:46:25 PM

I have started mining Monero with CPU, JCE miner. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3281187

Intel i5 profit estimation is 5 USD monthly
Intel G4400 1.5 USD

Rigs mining ethash+keccak. So these are bonuses, more profit.
blacksnapper94

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:06:34 AM

The CPU is the Central Processing Unit of your computer. Intel and AMD produce the vast majority of them. CPUs are essentially the brains of the computer. “It performs all the tasks that we would typically associate with computing,” such as saving a document by writing it to your hard disk. “Most of the other computer components are really there to support the operation of the CPU.”
When Bitcoin was first released, you could mine 100 coins a day using just your CPU. Unfortunately, today it’s impossible to mine Bitcoin with your CPU because cpu mining has been defeated with more reliable asic mining.
CPU design optimizes for quickly switching between different tasks. In addition to the CPU’s agility, it also has the advantage of ubiquity. If you have a computer, you have a CPU. Thus, if a coin allows CPU mining, there’s less power in the hands of large mining farms.
However, the hashing required for Proof of Work is a repetitive mathematical calculation. CPUs have fewer arithmetic logic units, circuits that perform arithmetic operations, and thus are relatively slow when it comes to performing large amounts of calculations.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:38:37 PM

The CPU is the Central Processing Unit of your computer. Intel and AMD produce the vast majority of them. CPUs are essentially the brains of the computer. “It performs all the tasks that we would typically associate with computing,” such as saving a document by writing it to your hard disk. “Most of the other computer components are really there to support the operation of the CPU.”
When Bitcoin was first released, you could mine 100 coins a day using just your CPU. Unfortunately, today it’s impossible to mine Bitcoin with your CPU because cpu mining has been defeated with more reliable asic mining.
CPU design optimizes for quickly switching between different tasks. In addition to the CPU’s agility, it also has the advantage of ubiquity. If you have a computer, you have a CPU. Thus, if a coin allows CPU mining, there’s less power in the hands of large mining farms.
However, the hashing required for Proof of Work is a repetitive mathematical calculation. CPUs have fewer arithmetic logic units, circuits that perform arithmetic operations, and thus are relatively slow when it comes to performing large amounts of calculations.

WOW, that's a lot of words to say absolutely nothing Smiley
Vencas1

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:23:32 AM

Yes it can be profitable.  Its not a competition between CPU/GPU/Asic.  At this point some coin is developed to be mineable  only by CPU and not GPU, so despite the power diffreence you just don't have the option.  Look for yescrypt algo coin and m7m (magi) coin for good background mining, it add up.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:50:10 AM

~snip

WOW, that's a lot of words to say absolutely nothing Smiley

his (@blacksnapper94) words copy/paste, I do not know why the answer does not have a basic knowledge of OP questions except if taking articles from others you (@blacksnapper94) must put a reference from the original article

Copy/Paste

Original

https://coincentral.com/asic-gpu-cpu-mining/

When Bitcoin was first released, you could mine 100 coins a day using just your CPU. Unfortunately, today it’s impossible to mine Bitcoin with your CPU due to the ASICs we discussed earlier.

bushiren2

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:08:40 PM

interesting, may be i should try one!
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 12:11:55 PM

YescryptR16 & Yescrypt both run on GPU now (KlausT miner)... but YESR16 still seems to reward pretty well.

I have ~70 or so Xeon X5660/X5670 CPUs mining. Just using an average figure for those...

MoneroV7 (~220 H/S) = ~21 cents / day
YESR16 (~550 H/S) = ~25 cents / day

So actually pretty similar when you know YESR16 uses a bit more power.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: