Here's a blog post from Dwolla, contrasting themselves against PayPal. http://www.dwolla.org/blog/dwolla-vs-paypal
Simply replacing the word Dwolla with Bitcoin makes a nice FAQ:Why is
DwollaBitcoin the best alternative to Paypal?
Bitcoin allows you to to receive payment directly from Bitcoin balances at an exceptionally low cost. A few nice applications are:
Why should your business use Bitcoin?
- If your client selects to pay with Bitcoin, it won’t cost you a percentage based fee to get paid.
- This allows you to get paid online for larger ticket items and services without losing a significant amount of money on the interchange.
- You can now use electronic transactions where you could not previously.
The bottom line.
- There is a growing group of people using Bitcoin. It makes it easy to find new customers.
- It doesn’t cost you anything if it goes unused.
- There are no set up fees, monthly fees, or hidden costs.
- It will allow you to receive payment for goods or services online even if you do not have a merchant account somewhere else.
Bitcoin will never replace credit cards and it does not do the same thing Paypal does. Bitcoin is not a credit card/debit card system. However. We do represent a solution to merchants looking for other ways to accept payment electronically. If you want to aviod the interchange fee ( aka. swipe fee & credit card fees ) you can’t use credit or debit cards . You need to use a different service. That service is called Bitcoin.
If your company has not allowed electronic transactions to be used due to the swipe fee, Bitcoin finally gives you a solution. Even when sitting down to write a check keep this in mind. Using Bitcoin is less expensive than mailing a check, or driving it across town.