Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What will the CMC top 10 look like if it goes full bear?  (Read 101 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:59:12 AM

So if we're heading for full crypto winter what will the coinmarketcap top 10 look like?

It's usually a time for the hype coins to die and the old stagers to settle in and wait.

What wins and what loses?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farnandezetn

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:28:18 PM

Nowadays crypto market is really doing well among those coins we should choose the better one also its very tough to rank top ten coins but in market btc , eth , ripple , eos are the most famous coins also those are giving good benefits to their customers.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:34:11 PM

I think the top 10 are already tested and settled coins. There are less chances of them being moved specially the top 5.
Than the competition would be between next 10 coins for the remaining 5 positions.
Litecoin would probably lose it's 6th position to newer coins.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

Indeed, I doubt any newcomer will be able to penetrate the top 10 in the short/mid term. Maybe in couple of years some infrastructure will take over the dominance of ETH, one of the "next gen" ones like Aion, Icon or Wanchain.
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:47:56 PM

I think the top 10 are already tested and settled coins. There are less chances of them being moved specially the top 5.
Than the competition would be between next 10 coins for the remaining 5 positions.
Litecoin would probably lose it's 6th position to newer coins.

without naming names there are projects in the top 10-20 that are the poster children of how utterly stupid the ICO bubble was. they've done a great job hyping. i don't see much in the way of security, functionality or actually existing yet in a few cases.

there are plenty of names in there that will be a long way down when the next bubble happens. check coinmarketcap's historical snapshots and see how many are up there we never hear about any more.

more than ever i don't think anything's set in stone. a lot of these projects have delivered squat and they still won't have delivered anything in a year or two. that can't be sustained when things are going down the toilet. people go back to the old stagers.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:52:25 PM

Binance is having one of the best (if not the best) run in this bear market and no one can rule out BNB from getting into the top 10 if it sustains this form.
Top 5 will likely remain unchanged.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
varun bee

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:54:18 PM

eos recently finished a $4 billion ico, with that kind of war chest its not happening soon although the FUD around it is crazy. projects which are centralized are going to face problems in future but in the incoming bear market the ones with heavy mcap & funding although no matter how fundamentally flawed they are, are gonna pump hard to be the saving grace. the hype which propels such projects into limelight will take some time to die because of the bag holders & heavy investors, until they decide that someone else shall hold their bags. top 10 isnt  drastically changing in the short term imo.
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:05:15 PM

eos recently finished a $4 billion ico, with that kind of war chest its not happening soon although the FUD around it is crazy. projects which are centralized are going to face problems in future but in the incoming bear market the ones with heavy mcap & funding although no matter how fundamentally flawed they are, are gonna pump hard to be the saving grace. the hype which propels such projects into limelight will take some time to die because of the bag holders & heavy investors, until they decide that someone else shall hold their bags. top 10 isnt  drastically changing in the short term imo.

why would you waste your money keeping your project alive? i'd walk away, bank it and go have some fun.

let all the whales and little people keep it alive. that's how you know whether it deserves to stay alive.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 07:50:11 PM

Btc, Ltc has lot more real world applications and being the oldest will never lose in the game of being the superior
There are almost 0 ICO's if there isn't a coin like Ethereum as Eth is the fuel which runs almost half of the ICO's based on blockchain. Hence Eth losing it's position is literally a rare case.

I don't believe in the shit coin named BCH. On contrary, why should a hard fork exist on the whole? If you are not happy with(disagree) the block size or the ASIC mining why the hell are you forking btc? Just start your own coin and name it something like MBcoin, GBcoin, TBcoin etc., but not Bitcoin XYZ So this should have a huge fall and should run out of the Top 10 if crypto is in it's winter season.
There has been claims and accusations on Tron being a Scam or being over hyped. I don't think this will continue in long run.

Monero seems to be a very promising coin based on the cryptonote technology and being completely anonymous. Stealth address has failed to compete with segwits in btc blockchain but there usage on Monero seeems to be really good.  Some other notable coins are Dash, NEM and Neo. I can't really comment on Xrp,Eos, Cardano,Stellar as I have never read about their underlying technology.  Tongue

If there is a crypto winter populated by bears, possible top 10's may include Btc,Eth,Ltc,Monero,Neo,Dash,Xrp(not sure)
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 08:05:41 PM

When bitcoin is totally on full force bear, altcoins are more suffering than it so having new coin to the top 10 is difficult. There can also some changes that altcoins that has real usage IRL will replacing some of the coins who are currently on top 10.
Binance is having one of the best (if not the best) run in this bear market and no one can rule out BNB from getting into the top 10 if it sustains this form.
Top 5 will likely remain unchanged.
Binance coin? I doubt it that it will penetrate and come to top 10 if the bears keep on slashing the market.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:08:52 PM

I really would not see much changes though since whatever is affecting the top 10 is apparently affecting the whole market, and I am sure the overall market cap is going to keep reducing across board. However, I expect that the toughest with real life product, huge community and support will keep maintaining their position as time goes on.
itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 08:10:08 PM

Top 10 CMC coins are pretty much the top 10 coins always, they are most stable and most secure coins out there so even in a bear market those coins will be among top coins and perform rather well compared to others.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:13:12 PM

So if we're heading for full crypto winter what will the coinmarketcap top 10 look like?

It's usually a time for the hype coins to die and the old stagers to settle in and wait.

What wins and what loses?

I think when its bear market top 10 stays where it is and just bleeds with rest of the Coins/Tokens . But i would like to see TOP10 when everything will shoot up , probably we gonna see some nice currently undervalued projects there . I would like to see HiveProject , InsurePal in TOP10 and hopefully it will happen someday Smiley
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:21:58 PM

There is a change in top 10 CMC why it happens .. There seems to be truth in you At this time the bears are triumphant a Pumping on the lowest coin apparently and eos has the potential of actually going past bch sometime later .. What this I see the unusual thing that the increase of stamp on xrp has passed through some objects long..
Md.salauddin

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:05:07 AM

The cryptocurrency market is always fluctuating. The market is very unstable and you cannot predict what is going to happen next. But, it is believed that soon the beararket will end and the price of cryptos will start rising.
Salemmia

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:26:49 PM

The cryptocurrency market is always fluctuating. The market is very unstable and you cannot predict what is going to happen next. But, it is believed that soon the beararket will end and the price of cryptos will start rising.
AntonDalrymple

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:59:48 PM

There are many coins that are operating in the market. Now there are more than fifteen hundreds coins that are in operation in the market now. So it is really tough to mark top ten coins when the market will be bearish market. I can say that at that time bitcoin will be the top coins.
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:38:16 PM

The cryptocurrency market is very unstable which hard to predict but i believe that the price of cryptos will start rising and market will be more better something it does last year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: