Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun way to get started with bitcoins (and get some for free)  (Read 1879 times)
moocoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 09:08:35 PM

I thought this would be a cool way for beginners to get started with Bitcoin:
I created a site called MooCoin that gives you a small amount of bitcoins for free, then lets you play games with them against other people.  Whoever wins the game gets the other person's bitcoins.  When you run out of bitcoins, we give you more to play with.  It's completely free to play, so there's no risk to you.  You don't even need to signup or create an account.
If you win enough games to get up to .00015 bitcoins, you can cash out to your own wallet.

It shows how easy it is to move bitcoins around in the system.  You could never do something like this with real money.
Each player also gets a personalized address where they can send their own bitcoins if you want to play games for higher amounts than we give you.

Check it out:
https://www.moocoin.com

Thanks,
MooCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PYneer

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:49:28 AM

Nice, also I have a list of websites that gives out free coins in my sig if anyone is interested.

Tranquility140

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:45:23 AM

Very nice site though I lose often to others Tongue
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:12:30 AM

I played hi-lo in your site for almost an hour, then suddenly i realized i have lots of other things to do Tongue haha but it was fun Smiley

nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:19:41 PM

Hello,
I clicked the button, recieve bitcoins and completed the puzzle.
When I click collect Bitcoins I just see a pupup with 500 but nothing adds in my balance.

EDIT: I just tried Internet explorer and it worked fine.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:37:08 PM

It's fun Smiley

Next goal should be to get some more traffic Smiley

So good luck Smiley
rohnearner

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 07:08:31 PM

It's fun Smiley

So good luck Smiley
Yeah a little exposure and this site have the potential to attract members. can admin afford the signature campaign, or other form of advertisement here nd there , one thing i'll suggest is to let members create acc/ because every time i visit your site my bal. turns to  0.00.?

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 07:14:29 PM

It's fun Smiley

So good luck Smiley
Yeah a little exposure and this site have the potential to attract members. can admin afford the signature campaign, or other form of advertisement here nd there , one thing i'll suggest is to let members create acc/ because every time i visit your site my bal. turns to  0.00.?

An account is created as soon as you go to the site.  Just bookmark the URL and when you come back, you'll automatically be logged back in to your account.  Also, don't share your URL with anyone, because that's your credentials!

I'd love more exposure to the site, but I don't have a ton of money to pay for the ads on this forum.  We have a referral program.  Whenever someone signs up on your referral code, you get 10% of the fees we collect from them, for life.

We need to find some way to get traffic.  Once there are enough people online, the games will be a lot of fun.  We're also adding a third game right now - Our best one yet!

Thanks,
MooCoin

rohnearner

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 07:37:02 PM

It's fun Smiley

So good luck Smiley

An account is created as soon as you go to the site.  Just bookmark the URL and when you come back, you'll automatically be logged back in to your account.  Also, don't share your URL with anyone, because that's your credentials!

I'd love more exposure to the site, but I don't have a ton of money to pay for the ads on this forum.  We have a referral program.  Whenever someone signs up on your referral code, you get 10% of the fees we collect from them, for life.

We need to find some way to get traffic.  Once there are enough people online, the games will be a lot of fun.  We're also adding a third game right now - Our best one yet!

Thanks,
MooCoin
May be look for some partners who can invest $$/BTC , people like me can only give you ideas , hire a programmer because acc/ are required there is not much coding for that, atleast signing in just with BTC address like all those btc faucets do is the minimum requirement.

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 07:43:35 PM

May be look for some partners who can invest $$/BTC , people like me can only give you ideas , hire a programmer because acc/ are required there is not much coding for that, atleast signing in just with BTC address like all those btc faucets do is the minimum requirement.

There are accounts.  As soon as you go to the site, you get an account setup for you automatically.  It's just a lot simpler than what you're used to.  I don't need your email or password.  Just make sure you always go back to the same URL and you'll be automatically logged in to your account.  It's a method that many bitcoin related sites use.
The reason we don't ask you for an address to use is that by controlling the address pool, we can do off-chain transactions.  Otherwise, we couldn't offer games at the micro-levels we do today - the miner's fees would make it impossible.

Thanks for the feedback.  We're always looking for ways to make the site better, and how it works more clear!

MooCoin

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:17:01 AM

Hello,
I clicked the button, recieve bitcoins and completed the puzzle.
When I click collect Bitcoins I just see a pupup with 500 but nothing adds in my balance.

I have exactly the same problem with latest firefox.
It seems the site (well, at least the faucet) doesn't work in firefox....
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:53:33 AM

Also got few times 504 error, some non-sense JS pop-ups during the game.

It's a fun one, but need some more coding, not only traffic Smiley
ermetal

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 11:56:20 AM

It´s fun!
moriartypants

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:03:51 PM

Nice service for newbs!   Thanks!
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:41:02 PM

Also got few times 504 error, some non-sense JS pop-ups during the game.

It's a fun one, but need some more coding, not only traffic Smiley

504s are fixed.  If you grab a screenshot of the JS error and send it to me at admin@moocoin.com, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
MooCoin

howzar

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:01:14 PM

Site looks awesome
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:14:58 PM

yep very well designed!
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:18:04 PM

haha, cool and a great way to get new people interested into bitcoins Smiley

keep up the good work!

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:12:30 PM

The site looks carefully designed and well-thought so congratulations dude.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:18:01 PM

Nice site, doesn't seem to be working with either firefox or safari though, nothing adds to the balance.
Hopefully gets fixed.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: