Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:08:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: web graphics designer needed for a 'template' on thefiatfreezone [CLOSED]  (Read 2895 times)
river

March 17, 2011, 02:20:31 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2011, 09:20:08 PM by river

I need a web graphics designer to give me a quote for a 'faceplate' (xhtml 1.1 compliant with CSS) for my website https://www.thefiatfreezone.com ..

I'm trying to get my BTC global 'mall' up and running here .. but I need a 'skin' on it first.

anyone know anyone (in the -8 or close time zone) that does this and can give me a quote upon more information??

BTC pay only.  You can get my contact info from the website.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anonymous

April 01, 2011, 11:30:30 AM

It would help if you posted in the right forum section.

This belongs in the marketplace. Also you might need to say what you are willing to pay for the job.
­­­Atlas_

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 04:48:19 PM

Budget about 600 BTC

That's far too high. Don't break the bank.
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 08:40:06 PM

Could you be a bit more descriptive? What exactly is a faceplate? Do you just want a proper layout/template for your site? Do you want a logo designed? There's nothing to work with on your existing site; you just have a menu and a grey box.

I'm good with html/css and am interested (for 600BTC! :-P~).
ksd5

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 09:08:23 PM

I personally don't like that movable window. It's not very efficient.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 09:33:54 PM

Here you go, no charge.

Code:
<style type="text/css">
*{display: none;}
</style>

Seriously though, the likely reason that nobody wants to do this for less than a couple thousand Bitcoin is because you don't know what you want, nor do you know what you're doing when it comes to designing a web page. Based on a quick look at the page source, the layout is horrific - deeply nested elements, crazy identifiers like "a-1-1-3-2-3-1-1-2-JSForm". You don't need a "skin" or "faceplate", you need a new web design.
asdf

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 09:45:10 PM

Here's a rough sketch I whipped up as a demonstration:
http://artemis.mine.nu

Tell me how you want it changed. Of course, colors and other styles will be added if your interested in making a trade.

you can contact me at:
daniel@artemis.mine.nu
wb3

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 10:10:13 PM

faceplate?  I think you are asking for a CSS Template, which is odd because you can buy Templates dirt cheap. You can even go to a site you like and kind of copy theirs (little more work).

xhtml 1.1 compliant is another weird request unless you are an ISO 9000, ISO 14001, etc... company type of thing.

Maybe you should buy RapidWeaver, a specialized theme, and a couple very good plugins. (Easy and Cheap)

Or go the DreamWeaver route (Intermediate and Costly).

But I think you are asking just for a CSS Template, there are thousands out there, I will go find one for you for only 60 BTC.

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley
asdf

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 10:11:28 PM

Here's a rough sketch I whipped up as a demonstration:
http://artemis.mine.nu

Tell me how you want it changed. Of course, colors and other styles will be added if your interested in making a trade.

you can contact me at:
daniel@artemis.mine.nu

Interesting, and with the exception that it is not xhtml 1.1 compliant as I requested, it is just a blank pages .. no layouts .. nice ...

So, I take it as this point everyone is mocking me, fine .. if any one is serious, contact me on Skype and well discuss it live.

I'm serious about the job. the code in now xhtml complient:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=artemis.mine.nu&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

The page is blank because it's ONLY a layout. It's just to show that I can code. I'll make it look however you want and add layouts for the pages you mentioned (shopping cart, store front etc) if you agree to do business.

Please email me. I don't have skype.
asdf

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 11:09:51 PM

I'm serious about the job. the code in now xhtml complient:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=artemis.mine.nu&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

The page is blank because it's ONLY a layout. It's just to show that I can code. I'll make it look however you want and add layouts for the pages you mentioned (shopping cart, store front etc) if you agree to do business.

Please email me. I don't have skype.

If that's true, how do I contact you privately then ... preferably gpg or pgp,
p.s. skype is just a download ..?

I sent a private message with my pgp key.

I don't have any windows installs and skype on linux is crap, plus I hate skype.

Note that I'm not a graphic designer. I can style a web page to look like anything (within reason), but I can't design logos or fancy textures. I might be able to subcontract such work, though.
asdf

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 10:30:42 PM

well, first off I need live communication with someone, sorry.  and I think I may need someone who can do all that other stuff.  I'll keep you in mind for other projects thou .. I know I'm going to need more (hopefully soon if all goes well)

Cool. I also program (PHP, javascript, sql). I'm happy to do any coding job for BTC. Thanks for keeping me in mind.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 02:57:45 AM

Good luck man, but I think you might have problems finding takers due to these issues:

Your requirements are lacking
You seem like a difficult client (why do you care about xhtml 1.1 compliance? what is a "template"?)
Make the assumption that the work is easy
Demand to be contacted via Skype

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 03:16:20 AM

So, what's the server-side software?

Do you have any links to websites you like the look of? Can you explain why you like those websites, and what you don't like about them. (For the various parts of your own website.)

Can you give more details about the type of look and feel you want? You specifically say you don't want images, but you want places for them. What do you mean by this?

Why on earth do you require JavaScript to even see anything on your website?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: