Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [resolved] Face0ff on Localbitcoins, beware! [resolved]  (Read 963 times)
OpenPay (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:46:56 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 01:09:18 AM by OpenPay

Found a guy with hundreds of positive feedback on localbitcoins by the name of Face0ff.
Long term established account with hundreds of successful payments with paypal and dwolla. (I know it was stupid to accept those).
Transaction took the better part of the day to process but eventually went through.
I released the escrow.

2 days later I get a chargeback notice.  

I've updated his feedback...
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Face0ff/

Of course since I have such a low transaction volume (only $500), my feedback has no impact on his score.
WTF is the purpose of a feedback system if your reports have no impact?  That's ridiculous, you'd be better off selling to a random person on Craigslist.

Anyways, expensive lesson for me that I figured I would share with you.
****Update****
As mentioned below, he has made things right.  I'm leaving this up as resolved, the admins can do whatever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OpenPay (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:11:57 PM

In the time since I posted this, the buyer has acknowledge the issue publically and appears to be working to resolve it.
I just want to be honest.  It appears someone scammed him and paypal is busy unwinding his positions.

I'll post more as I have it.
flyonwall

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 10:32:44 PM

I would be interested to know what happens next.

I am waiting for Face0ff to refund me 4.6613 BTC. If it doesn't happen in a few days, I will go after him like a hound. I will post here if I get my Bitcoins back from him.

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:41:38 PM

In the time since I posted this, the buyer has acknowledge the issue publically and appears to be working to resolve it.
I just want to be honest.  It appears someone scammed him and paypal is busy unwinding his positions.

I'll post more as I have it.

I would be interested to know what happens next.

I am waiting for Face0ff to refund me 4.6613 BTC. If it doesn't happen in a few days, I will go after him like a hound. I will post here if I get my Bitcoins back from him.

Good luck to both of you.
OpenPay (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:42:11 PM

Looks like he's taking care of it for a few people at least...

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Face0ff/feedback/unconf/

You can see my rant up top, then a bunch of people claiming they got their coins back.
OpenPay (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:55:06 PM

It's been a week and I have not heard a single word from this seller.
I'm pretty certain that the accounts which claim to have been reimbursed were in fact merely sock puppets.

I sent him this message in the localbitcoins forums.

It's been quite awhile since I last contacted you regarding your paypal fraud.
You need to make this right as soon as possible. You can send $100 worth of BTC to 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V or $100 through PayPal to rectify the situation.

For BTC pricing I'm willing to accept current BitStamp or the original amount of coin sent to you which was 0.1208 BTC.

However you need to resolve this quickly. You are quickly buildding a bad rep on bitcointalk.org

At this stage I am looking for anyone else effected by this seller.  I am willing to take this to court, but would like to establish a pattern of misconduct.  I will share any and all details I obtain on his personal identity during this time so that you may take legal action as you see fit.
OpenPay (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:34:17 PM

Just received my first communication with the seller since the problem started.  He states that he will send the coins through now.
I will post the TX when it arrives, or a reply in 24hrs.
OpenPay (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:07:07 AM

It's been yet another week.  But he finally made good and sent the coins back.  The price has crashed so he actually sent more than originally ordered.  All in all I'm correcting my feedback now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: