Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:39:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do companies like Apple, Microcoft do not enter the crypto currency market?  (Read 368 times)
eashikde (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:11:37 AM

Why such large companies do not enter the cryptocurrency market, which can lead to a big push up.
monchi

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:18:11 AM

I think if they join it may cause lots of complexities in their company.
They better focus all of their resources to making the company grow even further and stay at the top of smartphone industry.

Dividing their focus to cryptomarket can take their attention in achieving want their true purpose is.
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:24:48 AM

Why such large companies do not enter the cryptocurrency market, which can lead to a big push up.
They dont enter crypto world for they own safety, i mean crypto world is unstable. big company like apple etc want to keep their profit. but thats only my opinion though. Maybe they just not like the way crypto work or something.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

I think the big companies you've mentioned here and the likes of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram- pretty much anyone with a MASS fanbase/support will be scrutinizing Crypto currency and have probably been monitoring its growth for years.

I don't think they are likely to step in until there is some form of regulation or control. Personally there are simply too many scams and too many chancers at the minute and i definitely don't think this is helping crypto in any way. There are just too many horror stories around for the likes of those companies to attach their name to, this is the reason they are taking a step back (from advertising on their platforms etc) rather than embracing it.

I also think its quite possible that if they did step into crypto, there's a good chance they'd use a 'coin' that is their own rather than one of the several thousand that are floating about at present.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:39:17 AM

They are afraid of decentralization and volatility.

A company which isn't ready for this feature will not enter into something that they don't know. The big push doesn't exist not only because of those companies, it's part of adoption but it's not the only option that we can have.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:43:32 AM

These are companies with big reputation in the market. They won't at all like to attach the names of their companies with anything controversial that can be damaging to their own reputation. And how well we know that the crypto currency market has been in so many controversies lately!! Moreover the owners of these companies like Bill Gates leave no chance to disgrace the crypto space by going against the most celebrated crypto assets, like bitcoin. And twitter which was a few months back a kinda forum for the bitcoin exchanges' promotion is now used to a very reduced extent. Even google had also created a FUD in the media by imposing a ban on the crypto ads on the Google and Facebook platform.
dohh

Activity: 332

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:43:38 AM

A very good question. Perfect indicator of functioning brain.

They mainly dont, because they have a much higher techological compentence than market as an average and they dont want to throw money into air. Even if it at some stages is profitable.

By the way, its the very same reason why companies with HUGE computing power dont invest into digging. They understand its real ROI.
Cryptpopo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 09:45:31 AM

companies like apple,microsoft and other have not enter crypto is because many of them is yet to see the important of it,they are still scare of the future of crypto
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:48:09 AM

It is true that until now large companies like Apple have not entered the crypto, but I think for the future I am sure that they will enter the crypto market, it is just a matter of waiting for time.
Slavyanskiy

Activity: 462
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:52:35 AM

Probably, these corporations are waiting for a convenient entry point. And after they will enter the market. The price will begin to grow rapidly.
dohh

Activity: 332

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:53:23 AM

They are afraid of decentralization and volatility.

These statements are both incorrect.

1) big companies are not afraid of decentralization, they even invest there, if the product itself is viable. (Uber, paypal)
2) big companies love volatility, if they can reasonable expect, that its volatile to both end. BTC is not the latter. It was in crazy bubble and will lose its "value", until it will be valued by its real value. That would be close to nothing.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:55:02 AM

there are companies like this entering the crypto market, I'm pretty sure microsoft were accepting bitcoin at some stage for some of their companies before and I'm pretty sure Apple and other giants will do the same soon
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:57:06 AM

Crypto market still represents too high risk for them. Lack of regulation, high volatility and they feel unprotected. These are big and influental countries that because of their reputation and business they run can't afford such risk.
They can support cryptocurrencies on high level but still don't get fully involved.
pickledmuffin

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

Way too much risk, and not worth the effort. Big companies like this struggle to focus on their core mission without the complexity of crypto thrown into the mix.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:00:25 AM

big company do not want to enter into cryptocurrency because they do not want to involve in something they may not have total control of. safety is another important reason why big companies like apple and microsoft will not use crypto. they fear risk of losing customers and also losing money as well especially when the coin are being banned in some country where they have big market but I think I have read somewhere in the forum that xbox is accepting bitcoin. I do not know maybe this is true anyway.
pxo.011

Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:08:46 AM

maybe they are more focus on their product, but i think there is a lot company that join to the crypto world, you did not know about iost? from apple company?
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:17:23 AM

if by "enter" you mean these big companies buy some sort of shitcoin then no it will never happen in a million years because they do not need to invest in any of the shitcoins that you are holding.

otherwise if by "enter" you mean adopt the currencies as a way of payment then it has already happened. since bitcoin is the only currency they are accepting it as payment, at least i am sure that Microsoft accepts bitcoin since  i have tested it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
asdnguyenthanhtin

Activity: 100
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:20:45 AM

I think crypto market is too risky now. So Big companies like Apple, Microsoft do not want to suffer those risks.
Second, in traditional markets, they have a large market share and revenues. A small pie and many people are disputing
 like this market, they simply do not want to participate.
markiplier.jack

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:24:13 AM

Given the evident volatility in the crypto market, these major companies don't enter. But they definitely are using the blockchain technology to bring innovative products/ services just like Microsoft.
boksoon

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:34:46 AM

Because they know already that no stable profit if they enter into crypto currency market. The big advantage here  is in terms of volume of supply of operating system has to be sold all over the world you know why? Because every person has going to use computer it is operated either microsoft windows or Mac operating system so even if they are not involved of Bitcoin crypto currency they are always getting volume of profit because of Bitcoin user. Am I right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: