Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:46:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "J'accuse" against the robbery of voting rights to MASTERNODES and STAKERS  (Read 134 times)
michele1it (OP)

Activity: 343
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:24:45 AM

Premise: I do not know if it is the appropriate section to discuss this topic, I therefore apologize in advance to the section moderator if I have made a mistake and I ask him in this case to move to the section that he considers most suitable, thanks!  Smiley

Lately I read often in various communities of coin with masternodes that I follow that important decisions are made through "voting" within the community (unfortunately through Discord often) and when I talk about relevant decisions I refer to, for example, the increase of " collateral "for the masternodes that is a purely economic and network security issue (someone says more masternodes equal safer network, someone says higher collateral network safer) but in any case without going into the merits of such choices the voting mode outside the blockchain does not convince me at all and indeed I would call it a real scam against the token holders (people who put money in the masternodes and has a legitimate voting right and integrated into the wallet). What would happen if a public limited company took an important economic decision making a vote among its "sympathizers" on the social networks rather than making shareholders decide that they have this legitimate power and right? Why no one is scandalized instead if a team makes users decide on Discord (fake users? There will be and vote them too ...) instead of making the legitimate owners of the masternodes who have supported the project decide to put the money. Do not think that such a thing can be considered a real scam against those who bought the coins and has "locked" in the masternode (same goes for stakers in the pos systems, they too should have a legitimate right to vote using the functions integrated in the wallet). Am I wrong or a correct governance of the blockchain in the pos / masternodes systems should work like this? Obviously I am referring to decisions that concern the blockchain itself and have implications for the right of the holders holding the coins. Why users who do not even have a coin must be able to vote in a chat or social network deciding on my coins when I put the money and I have blocked my coins for some time in a project? Is such a thing legitimate? Of course, other types of decision (for example marketing, changes to the "product") can be done more easily and quickly by voting in the chat or in the socials, but I challenge anyone to argue that it is legitimate to make decisions to people who do not even know if real inside a chat on issues that affect a blockchain governed by masternodes and / or stakeholders and in particular on the property rights of these. To be honest, not even the team would have the power to decide on such issues once the mainnet of a blockchain has been launched. And a team that organizes such a vote on Discord or Facebook depriving the masternodes owners and stakeholders of their legitimate rights and their powers ... well, if someone calls it a scammers team, maybe it would not be wrong ... it would not be difficult for a team to manipulate a vote with fake users on any type of chat or social network. If the team decides... where decentralization is? What is the meaning of the blockchain? What sense do masternodes and pos have? I would like to know your opinions on this issue and above all if you agree I would suggest that these facts be reported when they occur as real scam attempts. Why rob the rightful holders of a right and deprive them of their power, validated by the coins committed to support the network, what else is but a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HologramX

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:27:27 PM

From who "invented Masternodes":

Masternodes enable the following services:
InstantSend (instant transactions).
PrivateSend (anonymous transactions)..
Decentralised Governance (masternodes govern, while the blockchain funds development).
Enable budgeting and treasury system in cryptos

Masternodes are also given voting rights on proposals. Each masternode has 1 vote and this vote can be used on budget proposals or important decisions

https://dashvotetracker.com/

Everything  different
is not a Masternode Coin
is not a Decentralised Governance

IMHO who not respect this cannot ask for Respect..
michele1it (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:28:24 PM

Thanks for your contribution, very important!  Wink
michele1it (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

Apparently there is also someone else who thinks so, speaking of governance and voting rights of the masternodes ... look look a bit ...

https://www.stakeandnodes.com/what-is-governance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: