Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:00:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AIR] ✅ ✅ ✅ Decentralizing the Freelance Community ✅ ✅ ✅ [CHW]  (Read 3592 times)
hall16

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:39:24 PM

FREE AIRDROP OF 250 CHW TOKENS
Click here to register.

Max supply only 21,000,000

You can find your free tokens under Account -> Payments when you are logged in at Content Hourlies.

Registered but my balance under Account -> Payments is showing 0 CHW  Huh
dennisch123 (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 12:41:24 PM

This have a very good platform with a good intention for the freelancers and crypto enthusiast, very professional website and very nice dashboard. Keep up the good work and I will be keeping watch for more features of CHW.

Thanks Ben.

We're currently working on an automatic withdrawal system for the airdrop tokens.

Main focus right now is getting those tokens in the hand of many through our airdrop, building a community, and once that's large enough we start recruiting freelancers of all professions, and hit the exchanges.

Thing is, we can't do one without another as we can't expect from freelancers to get paid in tokens when it isn't traded widely, after all freelancers need cash, not a token they can't cash out, or buy anything with.

Making the actual switch to zero-commission is a minor adjustment that can be implemented in a day, till then we use the company proceeds to fund awareness.

Most new tokens first need to build a product with ICO proceeds, and then its a question if that actually happens or if it turns out be just another scam.

Our advantage is that the actual product / platform is already finalized, and in use by clients and freelancers.
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 12:43:45 PM

Registered but my balance under Account -> Payments is showing 0 CHW  Huh

We manually add the tokens every other day, so please check back tomorrow.
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 02:55:38 PM

Looks really neat & proffesional. My only concern is other upcoming platforms that will compete with this one, Bluewhale for instance. Good luck with the project either way!   Cool

I haven't really looked into Bluewhale, but it's a good thing that there are multiple platforms with similar goals.

We're talking about a trillion dollar industry here so the ones that should be concerned are established freelance platforms like Upwork, Freelancer, PeoplePerHour, Guru, Fiverr, you name it.

We mostly focus on content, and marketing though, and I think we, and others can make quite a dent in the market.
xShadaez

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:10:04 PM

Where i can find more information about ur team?
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 03:23:24 PM

Where i can find more information about ur team?

Over here: https://www.contenthourlies.com/chw-token/ - links to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn are included.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:27:28 PM

there have been many projects about freelance who want to use blockchain technology but until now I still haven't seen their platform really work.
how can you make this better?

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:29:00 PM

it looks like you have a very high quality of security, but that needs to be proven, because now there is more and more fraud that makes us all anxious.
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:31:40 PM

there have been many projects about freelance who want to use blockchain technology but until now I still haven't seen their platform really work.

Blockchains are simply said inefficient databases, so we're not going to build anything on the blockchain.

We simply use it to process transactions, and that's what its meant to be used for without all the bells & whistles that others try to invent.

The benefit of the token is that it can be traded for money, so it can be used to reward our volunteers, who are definitely needed when setting up a zero-commission freelance platform.

I think other projects focus way too much on all kind of new features that are either unncessary or could've been accomplished with regular databases like mysql.

We like to keep it practical.

In the future we will hire a blockchain developer, to make our current escrow function decentralized, so that I (the one who hosts the website) doesn't hold it in escrow himself.

Work flow:

- Client pays for a task in advance
- Funds get stored in escrow wallet on blockchain
- Smart contract sends payment from escrow wallet to freelancer wallet (after the task has been submitted and approved)

There's nothing more to it then that really.

End result, a zero commission platform that wouldn't be possible without a token, and a feel-good thing for clients and freelancers to know that their transactions are secured by the blockchain, and no risk of chargebacks or Paypal disputes later on.
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:39:08 PM

it looks like you have a very high quality of security, but that needs to be proven, because now there is more and more fraud that makes us all anxious.

Right now its rather small so I keep everything in check myself, and I have good relationships with my freelancers that alert me when something looks off, so in that sense it's 100% hacker proof.

However, when we start scaling things there will definitely be a bug bounty campaign, and I think there's plenty to find. We got the usual security in place but a clever hacker might be able find a way in.

I did hire a security consultant before, that showed me some obvious leaks that we fixed, but I don't think its enough.

First we need to hit some exchanges and build a large community so that the token gets a value, until then I don't think anyone is interested in a bug bounty campaign so first things first.
dddudidd

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:52:36 PM

in my opinion you have been able to conclude many of the solutions that are a symptom of the current freelencers, I hope your project is fully successful, because freelencers really look forward to the solutions that you offer.
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 05:02:17 PM

in my opinion you have been able to conclude many of the solutions that are a symptom of the current freelencers, I hope your project is fully successful, because freelencers really look forward to the solutions that you offer.

Thanks, I've been a freelancer myself for years, hired a ton of freelancers as well, so I also know what's going on the client side of things.

I wasn't happy with the other platforms like Upwork, so decided to set up my own, and since then talked with a lot of freelancers as well.

Many freelancers despise those platform as they are taking a fairly large cut, so if there is a market I got to tap into, then that's the freelancers that currently refuse to work at other freelance platforms so the market is wide open.

The more challenging part would be to find clients, as the benefits aren't all that large too them, you'd think lower costs, but that most often results in simply better rates for the freelancers, I don't think they are going to offer clients 10-20% discount instead, and even if they did who would know if its just their flat rate or a discounted rate.
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 11:10:57 PM

We've been contacting numerous exchanges in / and around the top 100 (sorted by volume CMC) purely to inform about listing fees, and what it takes to get approved.

First thing we noticed:

• Most exchanges expect us to provide liquidity
  • Most coins that are traded at such exchanges have close-to-zero volume
  • Most of these exchanges still ask 2-6 BTC for a listing fee.

Considering the extreme low volume for the majority of coins this doesn't sit well with us. Paying a heavy fee for virtually no service.

Taking it in our own hands

So we decided to set up our own exchange which will go live next month, under CHWEX.io
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 02:29:31 AM

great design! the community is united! is heading for success!

Thanks for your support Denis
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:33:40 PM

I haven't seen any working freelance platforms at all.

They all come up with the idea, run an ICO, and then nothing happens.

Content Hourlies is a fully functional platform that has been in use for over a year so I guess that's a good one for starters Wink
temmuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 425

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:51:01 PM

It did not look bad. You have to try the bounty. A good investment can be profitable if it comes.
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:56:49 PM

It did not look bad. You have to try the bounty. A good investment can be profitable if it comes.

Thanks, we still have plenty of things to improve of course, but I think we are thus far the only coin initiative that already built a platform vs just an idea.
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:50:48 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 04:10:00 PM by dennisch123

achodik

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:28:12 AM

Was recently talking to someone about how awesome freelancing is, both for the client and professional. Glad to see an airdrop coin approaching the freelance market. I hope for good growth of the project! Discord content and team activity seems solid so far, keep it up
dennisch123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 07:32:29 AM

Was recently talking to someone about how awesome freelancing is, both for the client and professional. Glad to see an airdrop coin approaching the freelance market. I hope for good growth of the project! Discord content and team activity seems solid so far, keep it up

Thanks Acho, we just contacted Airdrops.io to get ourselves listed there so that should help spread the news!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: