Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is crypto a cult?  (Read 451 times)
Tuturtinular

Activity: 994
Merit: 152

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:41:27 AM

Haha that's a crazy way to put it, you can't say its a religion. You should know better what religion is?? Crypto is no cult nor religion.
It is very sad if humans make crypto as a religion maybe because of the rapid technological developments make people neglect to remember their god and what they think is just a job and lulled by what they are looking for

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SinisterS

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:00:25 AM

Not more of a cult than say being hardcore pro a sports team or player, a brand like Apple or Google, and many, many, many other things.
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:54:39 AM

What attracted you to an ICO?

What attacted me...was the passage an ICO offers across the river sticks of venture capital. What attracted me, was an informed disdain for traditional fiat currency, it's paper stained with the greasy finger prints of your banks and your mints. What attacted me was cryptocurrencies fundamental anonymity that sheilds private transactions from the peering green eyes of the all knowing governmental overlords. Does that answer your Question? hahahahaha
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 05:29:27 AM

No, of course it's not a cult, but for some people it can become really addictive. I know people that spend most of their time studying crypto, and crypto is all they talk about.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:44:57 AM

It's not exactly a cult but it causes cult like behaviour. It draws you in with promises of riches, gets you hooked into the numbers and different types of coins, and then you realise you're at the mercy of the whales (cult leaders!)

that's more of gambling behavior than behavior of a cult. In order for it to be considered cult, it has to have a leader and same philosphy which it doesn't since everyone is interested in crypto for different reason. perhaps certain coin can be considered cult in their own way but probably not since they don't fit the definition.

that video was funny nonetheless and I don't think it was meant to be taken so seriously

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
zxfffz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:14:24 AM

Most crypto is difficult to associate with cult. People trust it and invest in it based on their future, but a few crypto may have signs that they ban all opponents, concentrate power, and exclude other coins.
mrphilippine

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:20:58 AM

That is crazy to say that crypto is a cult. We are here because of the technology and innovation happening in the world. We are getting on board on this and cope with the newest discovery blockchain. Religions and cult is a different genre so i think we have our own opinion to tell that.
SinisterS

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:46:31 PM

What attracted you to an ICO?

What attacted me...was the passage an ICO offers across the river sticks of venture capital. What attracted me, was an informed disdain for traditional fiat currency, it's paper stained with the greasy finger prints of your banks and your mints. What attacted me was cryptocurrencies fundamental anonymity that sheilds private transactions from the peering green eyes of the all knowing governmental overlords. Does that answer your Question? hahahahaha

You might be in the wrong thread.

Edit: I just Googled what you wrote to see if it was copied and pasted, and it's from the actor of this video it seems. So I guess it was a related joke.
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:10:45 PM

For someone obviously it is. I do not understand those people, but they probably have their own philosophy about crypto. Well, there are crazy people in every side of our life I guess  Cheesy
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:00:51 PM

No, if one believes in a potential of somethhing it doesn't mean that that person is religious. If judging so - every person who values money and obsessed with earning it is religious.
RainyDay23

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:14:34 PM

If someone with a cult like personality got into Bitcoin say in 2010, then they probably accumulated a lot and refuse to sell. Probably billionaires now, but still refuse to sell.
bishopcrypto

Activity: 139
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 10:01:43 PM

Crypto is cultish. But it is not a cult.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️FULLYREKT.COM☀️
RainyDay23

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:01:59 AM

Crypto is cultish. But it is not a cult.

It really is not cultish. Everybody seems more interested in making money, as apposed to worshiping it.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:06:09 AM

Is this becoming a religious experience for some?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LBw94cH-ErI&t=2s

There will always be extremists no matter what they believe in.

The important thing to remember is to focus on your own growth and development. If people want to be cultish about it then let them be, this is a free world anyway. Mind your own business and instead focus on things that will help you and your crypto investment grow.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
cutiemolit

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:36:11 AM

I don't agree with this. First crypto is not a religion and we don't praise crypto or pray for it. We support crypto in order to earn and gain from our investment. I never heard people pray to crypto. It's really a joke.
Coinseeker22

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:39:55 AM

well it is a simple NO! and will never be a cult nor near to be a religion. It is one of the big part of technology enhancement and will continue to evolve in the coming years. Now, i understand that a lot of propagand's are being crafted around bitcoin and other altcoins too. Scam and online gaming use's  bitcoin and people tend to go crazy about. It can be a great tool to help humanity but can also be a toll of great destruction.

--- WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
DosPower

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:45:29 AM

I remember the guy who threw away a hard drive like 8 years ago with Bitcoins now worth over $60,000,000. He said that he doesn't follow it anymore, that it seems like a cult. And what I thought is that people who look at it superficially just see people promoting the coins that they hold, and since they don't realize there's an agenda it might come off as "cultish."
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:53:53 AM

It's silly if you see crypto as a cult . The crypto world is considered the advanced technology that we care about. It attracts me not simply because the profit from that , it's a technology from the future. If you think people come here for money , you' re wrong. If bitcoin is just a normal stock game , it doesn' t have that much traction

Make me great again
Jonbak

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:41:50 AM

In a negative context, the notion of a cult is worship or deification which is sometimes done carelessly and exaggeratedly.
The meaning of cultic meaning here is to claim that they are the righteous and the most righteous . so simply cult is about religion.
Matcuda

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:13:05 AM

This is not a religion, but the belief that the bull market will come and increase capitalization brings investors closer to the servants of some cult. After all, all our thoughts in this area are aimed at generating income, not information and self-education.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: