Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 12:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 ways blockchain is going to revolutionize eSports  (Read 123 times)
krypto_k (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:19:55 PM

1. Blockchain makes eSports more transparent and secure

eSports have a trust problem. Players have to trust the organizer, the sponsor, and even the fans sending them donations. But scams are big business in eSports. People with no intention to pay out prizes use the branding of well known organizers. Trolls send donations to players only to reverse the payment weeks later. And sponsors list fake prizes that they never send to winners. Blockchain will help make eSports more transparent and secure. Prize pools can be held securely in escrow in smart contracts, automatically sent to the winner when the results of a match have been verified. Players won’t need to be able to trust that the sponsor or organizer is acting in good faith because there’s no way for a prize or donation to be taken back.

2. Blockchain levels the playing field between amateurs and professionals

As the industry has grown and professionalized, the wage gap between gamers has become wider. Now, it’s harder for amateurs to take part in the major tournaments and access higher prize pools. Blockchains lower the variable cost of operating a secure database. This means Yamzu can treat small and big budgets the same, and anyone can organize, and take part in, tournaments. Blockchains equalize the status of players so that everyone can access a level playing field where only skills matter.

3. Blockchain puts players in control

eSports players are put under a lot of pressure. Managers have forced their teams to throw games and lose on purpose so they can illegally fix betting odds. And due to the high costs of setting up a tournament, players have to rely on big budget organizers who don’t always have their interests at heart. Currently, there’s no easy way for eSports players to create their own events. Blockchain-enabled smart contracts make it cheaper to set up a tournament and distribute prizes. Now gamers are free organize competitions with their own rules, independent of sponsors and affiliates.

4. Blockchain makes it easier to monetize eSports

Cryptocurrencies offer players a secure way to receive payments that cannot bounce or be taken back. More tournaments mean more opportunities to win prizes. The only thing that should matter is skill, not fame. This will give visibility to more talented players around the world and make it easier for teams and sponsors to scout new talent. With the blockchain, Yamzu can bring together all the resources and tools a player, team, sponsor or developer might need to earn revenue from eSports: team and tournament setup, prize pool payout, stats, and the integration of new games.

http://yamzu.io/ is driven to make eSports more transparent and secure. As players ourselves, we are confident blockchain will help put gamers in control as the industry continues to grow. Peer to peer gaming is about sharing the value with the dedicated players who create it in the first place. Our decentralized eSports platform will demonstrates the full potential of blockchain technology.

What do you think?

source:  https://medium.com/@yamzu/4-ways-blockchain-is-going-to-revolutionize-esports-8dae1cae880b
Balorck

Activity: 105

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:24:10 PM

the blockchain helps us regulate many processes, some otraslyah blockchain would have to be the basis such as art, science and eSports!!! since these industries were difficult to regulate earlier, now with the help of blockchain you can come to the settlement of using scientific achievements, art on the Internet and including participation in cyber sports! As examples of the work of the blockchain it should be noted First Blood, Dota 2, Gilgamesh.
krypto_k (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:28:36 AM

Have you guys checked http://yamzu.io/ mentioned in the post? It seems its a really interesting project as they are already active on the market with a community of 10 000 players using the platform on a daily basis. They already have revenue and their financial statement is secured my Swedish government and its open to the public. Turning into blockchain is expanding their services and make games more smooth and in-game assets safer. So far I know Asura coin is a bit different as it allows you to bet on someones games. Yamzu is dedicated for players so they can earn money for every win. 

Please tell me what do you think, they just announced their Pre Sale and I am looking for some more feedbacks to get different angle on that project. Any word back is much appreciated. Thanks!
juliehunt07

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:16:30 PM

Very good article. I think it will attract the investors to invest in it. This is because they have a very good team and they are well managed group. Moreover their idea is very innovative.
sunlitit654

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:58:34 PM

Yes blockchain tech was really revolutionary invention by satoshi based on this many users are using this tech also this tech is using many big companies like bmw , ups, wallmart etc based on this sector this have good site to use also have good future I think.
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 09:18:06 AM

Great information. As far as i know Asuracoin is connected with esports. Many people are investing on this site because they believe this project is a great source of making profit.
Gozie51

Activity: 2506
Merit: 624

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:29:36 AM

The esport will definitely be needing the blockchain in terms of data alligning and collection. Also, it will help in stratifying players into categories. Also, the Asuracoin is equipped to help games easy and  success.
a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:40:14 AM

i agree strongly to all the problems and the solution is also right in front of us we have Asura to solve all the problems it is one the best coins which can solve all the esport gaming problems and the best part being it is based on neo and the team is really good do check it out
krypto_k (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:55:06 AM

i agree strongly to all the problems and the solution is also right in front of us we have Asura to solve all the problems it is one the best coins which can solve all the esport gaming problems and the best part being it is based on neo and the team is really good do check it out

correct me if I am wrong but Asura, so far I know, its more about betting on eSports not a platform for tournaments, which games do they provide?
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:10:31 AM

How big is the collusion problem in eSports? I can understand it at lower level, but for big teams it seems so difficult to fix the matches. The prices are quite high indeed for big events.
If this happens even at high level, probably not even the blockchain can solve the issue.
krypto_k (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:15:48 AM

How big is the collusion problem in eSports? I can understand it at lower level, but for big teams it seems so difficult to fix the matches. The prices are quite high indeed for big events.
If this happens even at high level, probably not even the blockchain can solve the issue.

As eSports is still a very emerging field also smaller players and tournaments need some tools to run their competition smooth and fair. Blockchain could help with that. Also big players could play much more tournaments in a year if they dont have to travel to every tournament, so the lower stages of big tournaments could be played on the blockchain, safe and public for everyone. Brilliant vision.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:24:59 AM

Well I won't say blockchain can't help e-sports because it can, but so would a normal platform to host tournaments, so I'm guessing there are more problems here that we are not grasping. Being decentralized helps build trust, that's for sure, but you have poker as an example of a non decentralized platform used for money games. I believe that there might be some copyright, or other legal issues here, preventing these platforms from popping up.

krypto_k (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:50:03 AM

Well I won't say blockchain can't help e-sports because it can, but so would a normal platform to host tournaments, so I'm guessing there are more problems here that we are not grasping. Being decentralized helps build trust, that's for sure, but you have poker as an example of a non decentralized platform used for money games. I believe that there might be some copyright, or other legal issues here, preventing these platforms from popping up.

Yamzu have a platform and you can play for points (not tokens yet) so they already popped up .. Blockchain is the next step for them to become more secure and interesting to follow.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 09:58:24 AM

Have you guys checked http://yamzu.io/ mentioned in the post? It seems its a really interesting project as they are already active on the market with a community of 10 000 players using the platform on a daily basis. They already have revenue and their financial statement is secured my Swedish government and its open to the public. Turning into blockchain is expanding their services and make games more smooth and in-game assets safer. So far I know Asura coin is a bit different as it allows you to bet on someones games. Yamzu is dedicated for players so they can earn money for every win. 

Please tell me what do you think, they just announced their Pre Sale and I am looking for some more feedbacks to get different angle on that project. Any word back is much appreciated. Thanks!

Found their  ANN thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4457997.0

Projects like these take too long to be launched though which is why its going to waste much of your time waiting before the launch. If you plan to invest, means you can wait til its released. For those who don't have patience like me, I'd rather be trading the tokens I got be buy that yamzu when its about to be released.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
krypto_k (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:17:47 AM

Found their  ANN thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4457997.0

Projects like these take too long to be launched though which is why its going to waste much of your time waiting before the launch. If you plan to invest, means you can wait til its released. For those who don't have patience like me, I'd rather be trading the tokens I got be buy that yamzu when its about to be released.

What are you talking about? The project is already up and running, like many other ICO wont be for ages yet. Tokens will be distributed in September or October. Adding 30-100% bonus in tokens makes a pretty good investment in my opinion.
shampapk1988

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:18:41 AM

Much needed information. I was looking forward to have knowledge about blockchain. Thanks for posting this by the way.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:35:30 AM

eSports is still a growing community and integrating it with the blockchain will help benefit not only the professional and amateur players but also developers, sponsors, managers and franchises. Also the problem right now in eSports is it is dominated by large commissions like the Professional Gamers League(PGL) where only professional players from established team compete, and which integration of the blockchain technology even amateur players and teams can compete and scouting of player going to the professional scene will be much easier. 
goldencrypto7100

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 12:32:44 PM

This was a very informative post. Blockchain has the fastest transaction speed which makes eSport more transparent and secure. In this was, the gamers can control the players effectively.
StuartJonson

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:57:30 PM

This will be a good hit in the market, given the project sounds interesting. Also sports is something we are all associated with. These are the signs that we are seeing for the world slowly turning towards the world of crypto currencies. Right now, we need to see what the experts think about it.
berezov_petro

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:31:44 PM

1. Blockchain makes eSports more transparent and secure

eSports have a trust problem. Players have to trust the organizer, the sponsor, and even the fans sending them donations. But scams are big business in eSports. People with no intention to pay out prizes use the branding of well known organizers. Trolls send donations to players only to reverse the payment weeks later. And sponsors list fake prizes that they never send to winners. Blockchain will help make eSports more transparent and secure. Prize pools can be held securely in escrow in smart contracts, automatically sent to the winner when the results of a match have been verified. Players won’t need to be able to trust that the sponsor or organizer is acting in good faith because there’s no way for a prize or donation to be taken back.

2. Blockchain levels the playing field between amateurs and professionals

As the industry has grown and professionalized, the wage gap between gamers has become wider. Now, it’s harder for amateurs to take part in the major tournaments and access higher prize pools. Blockchains lower the variable cost of operating a secure database. This means Yamzu can treat small and big budgets the same, and anyone can organize, and take part in, tournaments. Blockchains equalize the status of players so that everyone can access a level playing field where only skills matter.

3. Blockchain puts players in control

eSports players are put under a lot of pressure. Managers have forced their teams to throw games and lose on purpose so they can illegally fix betting odds. And due to the high costs of setting up a tournament, players have to rely on big budget organizers who don’t always have their interests at heart. Currently, there’s no easy way for eSports players to create their own events. Blockchain-enabled smart contracts make it cheaper to set up a tournament and distribute prizes. Now gamers are free organize competitions with their own rules, independent of sponsors and affiliates.

4. Blockchain makes it easier to monetize eSports

Cryptocurrencies offer players a secure way to receive payments that cannot bounce or be taken back. More tournaments mean more opportunities to win prizes. The only thing that should matter is skill, not fame. This will give visibility to more talented players around the world and make it easier for teams and sponsors to scout new talent. With the blockchain, Yamzu can bring together all the resources and tools a player, team, sponsor or developer might need to earn revenue from eSports: team and tournament setup, prize pool payout, stats, and the integration of new games.

http://yamzu.io/ is driven to make eSports more transparent and secure. As players ourselves, we are confident blockchain will help put gamers in control as the industry continues to grow. Peer to peer gaming is about sharing the value with the dedicated players who create it in the first place. Our decentralized eSports platform will demonstrates the full potential of blockchain technology.

What do you think?

source:  https://medium.com/@yamzu/4-ways-blockchain-is-going-to-revolutionize-esports-8dae1cae880b
Yes, you have the right blockchain and cryptocurrency really can drastically change the industry of cyber sports. With the help of these cutting-edge technologies, professional cyber athletes will be able to reward their achievements in crypto.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: