Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:38:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should the NXTcommunityfund Align Itself As An Official NXT Funding Committee
No, let James / jl777 continue as sole funding decision authority - 0 (0%)
Yes, have James / jl777 pick two other NXT members to decide goals / funding with him - 3 (42.9%)
Yes, leave James / jl777 as a member and pick 2 additional members for NXTcommunityfund committee by popular vote - 2 (28.6%)
Yes, leave James / jl777 as a member and add members by vote to round membership to same level as other committees - 2 (28.6%)
This poll flawed / redo this poll - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NXTcommunityfund As A NXT Funding Committee  (Read 1443 times)
rickyjames (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:48:40 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 08:06:13 PM by rickyjames

EDITED TO ADD : THIS VOTE NOW LOCKED.  SEE POST BELOW.

RICKYJAMES PROPOSAL 2 - The NXTcommunityfund should establish itself as a fourth committee separate from the NXTmarketingfund / NXTtechdevfund / NXTinfrastructurefund, with James/jl777 adding additional members to moderate his current sole discretion on the disposition of these funds.

Rationale:  I am treasurer of the NXTcommunityfund whose balance currently stands at 2,679,156 NXT, and I will send this NXT wherever James/jl777 tells me to because that is the job I signed up for.  However, I do not think it is "right" or "fair" to be setting up other committees that are required have multiple members for funding decisions while leaving James as sole decision maker on an equally important and sizable fund.  However, as a mitigating circumstance, this NXT was specifically donated due to James' fundraising efforts to support the kind of whirlwind across-the-board ideas he generates seemingly non-stop.  To recognize this special nature of the NXTcommunityfund, I would suggest that its board be limited to 3, not 5 or 7, and that James pick who he wants to sit on this committee with him.  (Probably not Nxt.Chg, altho that would certainly be interesting..)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickyjames (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:04:25 PM

Please take me off of consideration for tech committee.

As rickyjames pointed out I already control enough budget via NXTcommunityfund.

Also, I have made it clear to aldrin that if he felt that I was not doing a good job then I will step down. Now that pouncer and neer.g have also donated, it would only be fair that if two out of the three main funders want me replaced, I will step down.

I will step down as trustee rather than let another committee manage it. If you dont like me, fine, replace me with somebody else. The NXTcommunityfund needs to be run by a single decision maker who has the freedom to push for projects that would never get out of committee.

James, I was wrong.  I owe not only you an apology, but aldrin, pouncer and neer.g an apology as well. 

Reading your post made me realize I had made a mistake lumping the NXT donations you received from your patrons into the same category as unclaimed NXT controlled by CfB.  Pushing for committee control of all of this NXT as I did in my "committee summary" post is totally inappropriate, and I see that now. 

CfB, as original owner of the unclaimed NXT, has set the terms for its disbursement.  Those terms were to set up committees to administer it for the good of the NXT community.  It is totally appropriate for the NXT community to vote on who and how many should be on those committees.

Aldrin, pouncer and neer.g, as original owners of their donated NXT, also set the terms for its disbursement.  Those terms were for James /jl777 to use it as he personally saw fit to implement as many as possible of his endless stream of good ideas.  This is effectively a private contract between individuals.  It is totally INappropriate for the NXT community to vote on anything that would interfere with such a private contract and dilute James' intended spending authority under the terms of that private contract. 

I made a mistake in initiating such a vote, and I am sorry.

When I make a mistake, I will admit it as soon as I recognize it, and then do everything I can to correct whatever mess I have made.  Accordingly, I have frozen the poll I started and I will go back and edit my posts to delete this proposal I made.  I believe my error here will soon be forgotten outside of this circle.

Inside this circle, I want to say that I think James is a true fountainhead of good ideas and is doing a great job of implementing them, and funding his efforts is one of the best ideas of all.

-rickyjames
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: