Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What service you use to buy crypto with paypal  (Read 147 times)
biggNY (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:52:23 PM

Hi there. I was just researching ways of how to buy crypto with fiat sitting on paypal account. Being from Europe myself (namely Austria) I usually use Bitpanda.com. That’s when I am funding via credit card. Not sure, maybe they allow paypal and USD, but they are a bit expensive.

But I have sold my website have have some USD sitting on my paypal account, so I was thinking if there’s a way you guys out there use and can recommend  to fund crypto via paypal. And that accepts European documents should authentication be necessary.

Thank you for all your suggestions in advance

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:07:36 AM

You can try Localbitcoins and Paxful for trading with other people but you may find hard times If you have an account with no prior trading history.

Or, you could use Virwox.com. As far as I know, no verification is required but you have limits based on how old your account is. I've also found xCoins.io, It may be worth trying from reading the reviews online.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:50:19 AM

For me if i want buy crypto with paypal i use exchanger site and i choose bestchange.com to find the exchange site with low fee
biggNY (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:31:11 AM

You can try Localbitcoins and Paxful for trading with other people but you may find hard times If you have an account with no prior trading history.

Or, you could use Virwox.com. As far as I know, no verification is required but you have limits based on how old your account is. I've also found xCoins.io, It may be worth trying from reading the reviews online.

Thank you for taking time to help me with my “problem”. Will research them and test out option i like the most. On the first look i might try xCoins. It looks nice and easy to use. will post my experience here so that others can learn from this. Thanks again, highly appreciated

boyptc

Activity: 3024
Merit: 681

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:34:22 AM

you could use Virwox.com. As far as I know, no verification is required but you have limits based on how old your account is.
I have used virwox years ago and yes there is no verification needed.

What I don't like about it is the fee is high but I don't know how's the drill today or if they changed in terms of fees.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
biggNY (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:34:52 AM

For me if i want buy crypto with paypal i use exchanger site and i choose bestchange.com to find the exchange site with low fee

So just to double check, you mean it that you go to bestchange.com and choose one of exchanger sites on their list? Is that correct? Would you know if these exchanger sites are P2P? Thank you for your time

biggNY (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:39:02 AM

you could use Virwox.com. As far as I know, no verification is required but you have limits based on how old your account is.

What I don't like about it is the fee is high but I don't know how's the drill today or if they changed in terms of fees.

Will have to double check, as high fees would take a lot of my amount. I sold my site for $200, would like to get as much as possible into crypto of it. Will check and share here 👍

boyptc

Activity: 3024
Merit: 681

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:55:48 AM

Will have to double check, as high fees would take a lot of my amount. I sold my site for $200, would like to get as much as possible into crypto of it. Will check and share here 👍
You can put virwox on your last list because that what I've experienced and with $200 it can take away some of bucks just because of the fees and conversion.

Good luck, keep us updated.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
biggNY (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:07:00 AM

So, if I understood right xCoins.io is secure lending platform  Undecided what a shame, good and simple looking site
And also had a look on virwox.com and by the looks of it, you can deposit Usd from paypal, but will have to buy their currency SLL first and only the exchange Sll for btc... not sure if I understood that right  Roll Eyes
There are 2 problems however- their order book to buy sll is too thin and you can only deposit $108/24 hrs with new account. Fee is $0.35 for paypal + to 3.4%
Van somebody who uses this service, confirm I understood it right, pls?

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:48:07 PM

Use localbitcoins. You're unlikely to get better rates than what Bitpanda is offering you though. Be prepared to pay at least a 10% premium if you're not willing to verify, potentially a bit less if you are able to verify yourself.

However, if you're dealing with larger amounts and you're willing to go through KYC, buying with paypal is rarely a good idea. Transfer the funds from paypal to a bank first and buy on a major exchange instead.

So, if I understood right xCoins.io is secure lending platform  Undecided what a shame, good and simple looking site
And also had a look on virwox.com and by the looks of it, you can deposit Usd from paypal, but will have to buy their currency SLL first and only the exchange Sll for btc... not sure if I understood that right  Roll Eyes
There are 2 problems however- their order book to buy sll is too thin and you can only deposit $108/24 hrs with new account. Fee is $0.35 for paypal + to 3.4%

I'm pretty sure that even though xCoins markets themselves as a lending site, they pretty much perform the same functions as a bitcoin buying site. However, their site is pretty shady at least to me so I wouldn't suggest using them. You could try with small amounts though, doubt you'll have an issue but doubt you'll get good rates.

Virwox is the safest bet for you. The order book is indeed thin, and the rates you'll get will be pretty bad. You'll be charged a fee after every step of the USD -> SLL -> BTC, including depositing USD and withdrawing BTC. As I said, for anonymity, go to paxful/localbitcoins. If you're able to verify yourself anyways, then use a major exchange and use bank transfer as your payment method instead.

Smiley
biggNY (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:03:15 PM

Use localbitcoins. You're unlikely to get better rates than what Bitpanda is offering you though. Be prepared to pay at least a 10% premium if you're not willing to verify, potentially a bit less if you are able to verify yourself.

However, if you're dealing with larger amounts and you're willing to go through KYC, buying with paypal is rarely a good idea. Transfer the funds from paypal to a bank first and buy on a major exchange instead.

I'm pretty sure that even though xCoins markets themselves as a lending site, they pretty much perform the same functions as a bitcoin buying site. However, their site is pretty shady at least to me so I wouldn't suggest using them. You could try with small amounts though, doubt you'll have an issue but doubt you'll get good rates.

Virwox is the safest bet for you. The order book is indeed thin, and the rates you'll get will be pretty bad. You'll be charged a fee after every step of the USD -> SLL -> BTC, including depositing USD and withdrawing BTC. As I said, for anonymity, go to paxful/localbitcoins. If you're able to verify yourself anyways, then use a major exchange and use bank transfer as your payment method instead.

Great insight, thank you very much for your time. I have not problem with verifying, so that is not an issue. As it seems easiest option is to withraw from paypal and deposit to bitpanda from there. Might be also cheapest.
However, I stumbled on one other option, that I am testing now. The setup is a bit of a lengthy process, but if it does everything as it says on the box, it will be great and most likey cheapest option. Will post my findings here in a complete post, once everything is set up and working. Without letting rabbit out of the hat I can say following: crypto debit card... see how it works. Will let you guys know 👍

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:28:22 PM

I really doubt that you want to use Virwox. Virwox are for people who are initially just starting to use bitcoin and do not want to go through all the hassle of identification, which from reading the thread, you are comfortable with carrying out.

xcoins can probably be used, but again, rates are extremely bad. Stick to using bitpanda if you already use it, because that is honestly the best hassle-free option that you currently have. And exchanges that require ID usually have better rates anyways.

I suggest you take a look at this option, though: https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bitcoins/?action=buy&country_code=US&amount=&currency=USD&place_country=US&online_provider=PAYPAL&find-offers=Search (this contains all the listings on LBC for buying with USD paypal). Rates are alright, definitely better than virwox or xcoins.
biggNY (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:39:54 PM

Hello guys, here is short recap of the method I was testing, it took a few days of setting up and mostly waiting, but my test is finished (at least for now)

I ordered USD card from Wirex.com. Shipping was free and took about 8 business days. It will cost me $1.50/month on account fees. All payments in USD are free of charge and cashing out via ATM costs $2.50 in Europe/$3.50 outside Europe. But cashing out via ATM is limited to $250 daily

Wirex.com has very nice and clean iOs app/wallet. It shows BTC, LTC wallets (and now USD one too). You can exchange funds within these wallets free of charge. It is secured by app pin, password and offers possibility for 2FA verification too. They have very kind and quick support within their app, that usually replies within 3-4 hours (depending of where in the world you are)

Regardless the above conditions my plan was to link the USD card/account to paypal to be able to withdraw funds to the Wirex USD wallet. Little did I know, that for now only GBP cards are associated with an account. With USD and EUR accounts comming soon (as per their support). So at least for now, this method is not suitable for me, but it may very well be for somebody with GBP local currency. I will definitely check back in a few weeks to see how is the situation with the account for USD card. It looks like, that with a little bit of work ahead, this could be cheap and quick way of buying crypto with funds from paypal.

For now I will stick with my current way of buying crypto with fiat - bitpanda. Will withdraw my paypal funds to current account and from there I will send it to bitpanda (or pay credit card bill with it).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: