Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:34:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the death of Bitcoin also mean the death of cryptomania??  (Read 2592 times)
Perceval (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:31:58 PM

If Bitcoin were to completely bottom out, what would happen to the altcoins?

Follow the crypto superstar to a fiery death?  or  Skyrocket passed their predecessor?

I believe that Satoshi had a vision where blockchain technology and cryptocurrency would be the foundation of the world. But as we all know Rome wasn't built in a day(unlike bitcoins run to 20k). What if in this vision Bitcoin wasn't meant to be the gold of the internet but rather a mold of what should be created. When comparing bitcoin to its rivals, it is usually at a disadvantage in the technology department yet, it is still the most valued crypto. While Lightning network has been less than impressive, other crypto tech has been stealing the spotlight. Ripple is currently holding the fastest transaction time of roughly 3 seconds(avg. transaction time for bitcoin~60min). EOS while navigating a rough mainnet launch is dropping EON which looks to fundamentally solve problems within EOS. Investors are already talking about EON being crypto-gold in the near future.

Don't give up hope if Bitcoin does take a turn for the worst. Trust the Tech, better days are on their way.

hknknitin
Copper Member

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 11:03:10 AM

Bitcoin is the term from where crypto world took the first step and this world has reached many milestones since then so its death is not a practical thought. But if by any means this happens to be true in near future, crypto world is surely going to be affected and the market will be shocked. Trust of the investors and traders is likely to go down. Prices of cryptocurrencies will also go down. But now the market has lots of cryptocurrencies which are very much profitable when traded. So i think death of Bitcoin will surely affect cryptomania to a very large extent but with some time, market will continue to go on.
domnick

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 11:08:07 AM

The death of the bitcoin is not the death of crypto. Bitcoin is the part of the crypto currency, not crypto is the part of the bitcoin. there are many other coins which are continouely increasing there value as well as the value of crypto also increases.

If bitcoin will dead a day, it doesn't means the Crypto will dead.
rez303

Activity: 338
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:14:38 AM

I think that if Bitcoin dies, it is possible that crypto will also die by Bitcoin. Because market trends sometimes have a huge impact on the crypto market. Just like Bitconnect dies and other MLM projects die

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 11:17:28 AM

Hard to speculate without knowing the reason of Bitcoin's hypothetical bottom-out. In most scenarios I can think of, altcoins could exist independently even after its death.

Unless we're talking about some global internet shut-down or coordinated ban on crypto/fiat transactions - it's fair to say that cryptos are here to stay.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:20:06 AM

If bitcoin will be dead then cryptos might be dead too because every crypto move depends on bitcoin price as you always on the market and all cryptocurrencies are being traded with bitcoin and it is the major need of cryptos.

angelramirez24

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:27:45 AM

I think other coins can operate independently without bitcoin. But if ever bitcoin will die it sure will have a big impact on all cryptos since every one of them do depend on the value of bitcoin. As we see when bitcoin's price increase others follow, same as when it decreases.Har to think though that bitcoin will die and what the reason can be
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:37:15 AM

The way I see it, bitcoin will have a huge impact on other cryptocurrencies if it were to largely decline. Most crypto on the list only follows the trend of bitcoin; some may deviate a little but still always find the tail of bitcoin and follow it. ETH can be its mighty predecessor, seeing how most coins are now ETH-based or are introduced through ICOs. Crypto-economy might still thrive, but the future for it might be short-lived since most people are only banking on bitcoin and not on other coins.
Bolivar_Tony

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:47:40 AM

I agree with this. Bitcoin death will have a huge impact on the crypto market. Maybe people will never trust cryptocurrency again. They will sell all the coins and switch to investing in other fields

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:04:36 PM

Definitely not

Though bitcoins majorly runs the crypto market.
But I tell you, the death of bitcoin doesn't mean the death of cryptocurrency as a whole, i still believe other altcoins can still sustain the crypto market though it might be hard and not as bitcoin would.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:09:58 PM

The death of bitcoin would mean a big change inside the crypto world.I`m pretty sure this won`t be the end of the cryptomania,some altcoins,like ethereum and litecoin might survive.Tokens that serve a sertain purpose,like Vechain,might survive and thrive.The consept of a "digital gold" type of cryptocurrency will be destroyed for sure.

btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:20:21 PM

I believe that in the event that bitcoin will be dead, definitely I would say there will be a big negative impact in the crypto market since btc is always the baseline in every market movement since btc and alts are correlated with the other. However, in my opinion, there is no possibility for btc to die in the current scenario since btc is doing good performance in the market and it is still getting better and better and more and more people are supporting btc.
Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:28:27 PM

I believe that in the event that bitcoin will be dead, definitely I would say there will be a big negative impact in the crypto market since btc is always the baseline in every market movement since btc and alts are correlated with the other. However, in my opinion, there is no possibility for btc to die in the current scenario since btc is doing good performance in the market and it is still getting better and better and more and more people are supporting btc.

Bitcoin don't die, and with no reason the death of crypto mania. Look at the chart guys. Market is Volatile, any thing can happened at any given time, price market value may goes up and goes down, dependent on the market investment for Bitcoin, the market structure is Stable, with good fundamentals, high level of confidence of the investors of Bitcoin. I am very optimistic with the current trend of the Market, Bitcoin will make a Bull run anytime soon.
Ayohafees

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:45:51 PM

I don't see BTC to be bottomed out, but if this is the case then that would mean another alt such as ETH as taken over and in this case cryptomaniacs will only miss BTC not totally the trading of crypto.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:51:15 PM

The death of bitcoin would mean a big change inside the crypto world.I`m pretty sure this won`t be the end of the cryptomania,some altcoins,like ethereum and litecoin might survive.Tokens that serve a sertain purpose,like Vechain,might survive and thrive.The consept of a "digital gold" type of cryptocurrency will be destroyed for sure.
If bitcoin dies, cryptocurrency is really in a critical position because investors will not take the risk to invest on any altcoins if a giant coin Bitcoin dead, its simply means this market will not last for more years. I know this is just a sample situation because bitcion will last for more decades Smiley
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:53:52 PM

In my opinion there are two possibility to predict these things and the first one is if bitcoin death then following it crypto also will be lack of interest with eventually dead too and the second possibility is there is altcoin could being an the replacement of bitcoin from the price side and from the popularity side
thefatman82

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:50:14 PM

Why, I am thinking that after all the time when bitcoin will be dying it will be already some kind of cryptocurrency that can replace it fast and without any loss of popularity of the cryptocurrencies around the world,
retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:51:51 PM

Bitcoin cannot die. Even if you dumped more and more with all your bitcoins, all these people would have bought more until a certain profits and then sell it away.
vagsun

Activity: 334
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:01:37 PM

If Bitcoin were to completely bottom out, what would happen to the altcoins?

Follow the crypto superstar to a fiery death?  or  Skyrocket passed their predecessor?

I believe that Satoshi had a vision where blockchain technology and cryptocurrency would be the foundation of the world. But as we all know Rome wasn't built in a day(unlike bitcoins run to 20k). What if in this vision Bitcoin wasn't meant to be the gold of the internet but rather a mold of what should be created. When comparing bitcoin to its rivals, it is usually at a disadvantage in the technology department yet, it is still the most valued crypto. While Lightning network has been less than impressive, other crypto tech has been stealing the spotlight. Ripple is currently holding the fastest transaction time of roughly 3 seconds(avg. transaction time for bitcoin~60min). EOS while navigating a rough mainnet launch is dropping EON which looks to fundamentally solve problems within EOS. Investors are already talking about EON being crypto-gold in the near future.

Don't give up hope if Bitcoin does take a turn for the worst. Trust the Tech, better days are on their way.

First of all its seems like impossible that bitcoin will die. But if we consider a worst situation that bitcoin dies , crypto mania will suffer alot because Prices of all the crypto currencies follow the trend of bitcoin (if bitcoin rises all other crypto currencies rises and if bitcoin falls all other crypto currencies fall). People will loose their trust in crypto market and will invest in some other field rather than investing in crypto.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:37:02 PM

I think if bitcoin die in the future the crypto will fall but I think it recover again without the help of bitcoin and we will see the market up again because the founder of the altcoins we will not want to see their coin die too but it will dump very deep first and crypto will recover with the new bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: