Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear market? Will NEVER HAPPEN because of tether printing.  (Read 746 times)
Tyr808 (OP)

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:37:19 AM

Ok, prove me wrong.

Here I state that a bear market, which is a prolongued (3 years +) correction of crypto prices, will never happen reason being the occasional bursts of tether issuing which is something nobody can police.

Add to this the fact greed never dies and stockmarket doesn't provide the gains todays young people demand: kids want adrenalin and lambos not fuckin retirement plan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:50:34 AM
Merited by BrewMaster (1)

a bear market, which is a prolongued (3 years +) correction of crypto prices,

there is no time frame for bear market. that is you assumption that it should last 3 years. and a bear market has nothing to do with a correction. a correction is a drop that you can predict the bottom of and it is much shorter than a bear market which is longer and you can not predict the bottom of it.

a bear market will never happen

it has happened, it is happening right now and it will happen in the future like this again and again.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:56:34 AM

6 months isn't enough to call it a bear market.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:30:59 AM

Tether will sooner or later implode if these dollars aren't backed by real dollars.

Tether claims that their tokens are backed at 1:1 rates by real US dollars tho.... so there shouldn't be a problem when that money is printed because it's not really printed, it's just USD, and then you must go complain to the FED about printed USD too if you don't like that.

https://tether.to/announcement-transparency-update/

Official statement.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:57:07 AM

Tether claims that their tokens are backed at 1:1 rates by real US dollars tho.... so there shouldn't be a problem when that money is printed because it's not really printed, it's just USD, and then you must go complain to the FED about printed USD too if you don't like that.

https://tether.to/announcement-transparency-update/

Official statement.
That is official statement but not a proved one from any of the established audit firm so we can't believe it. It is just like a seller providing personal guarantee to its product.  Grin

If tether will ever get exposed which is quite unlikely unless some insider comes out and expose them, than there will be so much blood on the street many people who might have tether at that time might even commit suicide. I don't have deep analysis till now about true USD but it seems promising alternative to USDT.
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:59:16 AM

What could ever stop tether emission?

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:14:06 PM

Ok, prove me wrong.

Here I state that a bear market, which is a prolongued (3 years +) correction of crypto prices, will never happen reason being the occasional bursts of tether issuing which is something nobody can police.

Add to this the fact greed never dies and stockmarket doesn't provide the gains todays young people demand: kids want adrenalin and lambos not fuckin retirement plan.

Believe me printing of Tether has nothing to do with bullish market. No doubt, whenever new Tethers come into circulation, prices of BTC and other alts increase but it is not the sole reason of BTC rise. Bitcoin even see bullish trends when other news and happenings come. Linking bullish trend solely to TETHER is wrong judgement.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 03:42:45 PM

Tether may be printed but those printed tether are not necessarily spent but I make such inference that coins are bottoming now rather than end of bear market.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:47:12 PM

Ok, prove me wrong.

Who is saying we will have a 3 year bear market? Or that bear markets last that long?
In another post you said that 6 months isn't enough for a bear market. I disagree. This has nothing to do with time. It's all about the charts, price, trend and trend reversals. Time is not of any significance here.
Regarding Tether, I don't care, because it's influence isn't that big as some here think it is.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:08:09 PM

Tether may be printed but those printed tether are not necessarily spent but I make such inference that coins are bottoming now rather than end of bear market.
I don't understand the value of this currency. How can you trust such an asset? The main reason for the popularity of the cryptocurrency is that the uncontrolled printing of Fiat government and Fiat currencies do not have an economically reasonable value. Maybe bitcoin is now suffering from the fact that a lot of money is withdrawn through shitcoins.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:10:40 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2018, 07:21:29 PM by gentlemand

The Tether issuances since the arse fell out of the market have had little to no effect on the direction of things. They've been few and far between but whatever theory people had about pumping has been pooed on.

It's possible all that Tether was rolled out to pump to fill the hole in BFX's accounts. Now they've made it all back with fees and just in time to roll out their 1-1 announcement. No more need to pump if that was the reason.

And has it not occurred to people that more tether is needed when more people want it to get out of Bitcoin or alts?
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:33:57 PM

The Tether issuances since the arse fell out of the market have had little to no effect on the direction of things. They've been few and far between but whatever theory people had about pumping has been pooed on.

It's possible all that Tether was rolled out to pump to fill the hole in BFX's accounts. Now they've made it all back with fees and just in time to roll out their 1-1 announcement. No more need to pump if that was the reason.

And has it not occurred to people that more tether is needed when more people want it to get out of Bitcoin or alts?

Good theory, but a proper audition would be able to find that they generated non 1:1 tethers at some point in time? Or they would be able to get away with it because the tether generation didn't leave any logs? Are they supposed to keep logs of tether printing in case authorities asks? what would authorities do if they ask for tether generation logs and said logs do not exists? These questions will some day be answered and if everything doesn't add up, we may have a tethering.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:13:17 PM

Ok, prove me wrong.

I think the burden is on you to prove that "Tether printing" is important. Even the University of Texas report pointed to a very low level of statistical relevance. Tether issuance may not be random, but nobody has proven that it has a meaningful effect on price:
The authors suggest the cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex buys bitcoin with another cryptocurrency -- tether -- to push up Bitcoin prices. How much? Four basis points per 100 bitcoin. With Bitcoin at $10,000, for example, that means Bitfinex spends $1 million to push the price up to $10,004.

Any number of exchanges/brokers could be engaging in price manipulation. I believe the Chinese exchanges (particularly Okcoin.cn, Okcoin.com futures and Huobi) heavily manipulated price (or attempted to) for years. This is true of regulated markets as well.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:22:59 PM

Tether has become a real thing here. It's getting far more credits than it's worth.

There is no point in speculating whether or not Tethers are being used to pump the market. If it did, it would be quite pathetic actually, because it means that this whole market is one inflated bubble not even worth half its price.

Try to find others things to focus on. Tether will eventually lose importance due to how exchanges becoming compliant are able to add actual fiat pairs instead of tokens consisting of nothingness.

Just follow exchanges trading actual fiat pairs and ignore the rest. I always found Bitstamp and GDAX to be the better exchanges to follow. Even Gemini can be seen as a worthy one to follow. Future looks bright. Smiley

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:28:36 PM

I would love to agree to you, but I cannot.

Tether printing is just a meme, invented by conspiracy theorists on the level of r0ach.

It would be so good to be real. If it was, we would be at one million already, and able to eradicate poverty from Earth.

Unfortunatelly, it is not. Tether printing is just material for FUD, to drive the price down.

What strikes me in this case is the hipocrisy: everybody FUD over tether printing, but nobody FUD over fiat printing. If people where to FUD over fiat printing, in the same way they FUD over tether printing, bitcoin would have a higher price now.

About bear markets: 2013-2015 was a bear market, and didnt last 3 years. Bitcoin moves faster than the stock market, just do some research.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:56:43 AM

Ok, prove me wrong.

You must understand that the demand in USDT is going up when the price of bitcoin is falling down. That makes the issuer need to issue more USDT to maintain the peg to $1 = 1 USDT.

In any case, USDT printing is not because someone is preparing to pump like what you presumed.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:21:49 AM

your problem is that you took a glance at a bitcoin chart and then started this topic. you are basically saying that bitcoin had NO bear markets so far in the past 9 years although you think you are saying it had 1 (2014).

if you look closely you will see 2 things:
1. this bear market that you glanced lasted 1 year from 2014-1 to 2015-1 and then the accumulation was from then till about Sep. then the rally aka bull market started.
2. there has been many other bear markets in bitcoin, each lasting a lot less than 2014 one and some of them were much bigger than it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:08:45 AM

your problem is that you took a glance at a bitcoin chart and then started this topic. you are basically saying that bitcoin had NO bear markets so far in the past 9 years although you think you are saying it had 1 (2014).

if you look closely you will see 2 things:
1. this bear market that you glanced lasted 1 year from 2014-1 to 2015-1 and then the accumulation was from then till about Sep. then the rally aka bull market started.
2. there has been many other bear markets in bitcoin, each lasting a lot less than 2014 one and some of them were much bigger than it.

Tether has been only recently introduced and now that we have it there's gonna be continuous sudden injections of fresh liquidity in cryptos.
During the past bear runs there was no tether.

Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:10:43 AM

Ok, prove me wrong.

You must understand that the demand in USDT is going up when the price of bitcoin is falling down. That makes the issuer need to issue more USDT to maintain the peg to $1 = 1 USDT.

In any case, USDT printing is not because someone is preparing to pump like what you presumed.

Not sure what you mean.. more or less demand, that's still liquidity which is eventually gonna be pumping up crypto prices.

Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:12:01 AM

I would love to agree to you, but I cannot.

Tether printing is just a meme, invented by conspiracy theorists on the level of r0ach.

It would be so good to be real. If it was, we would be at one million already, and able to eradicate poverty from Earth.

Unfortunatelly, it is not. Tether printing is just material for FUD, to drive the price down.

What strikes me in this case is the hipocrisy: everybody FUD over tether printing, but nobody FUD over fiat printing. If people where to FUD over fiat printing, in the same way they FUD over tether printing, bitcoin would have a higher price now.

About bear markets: 2013-2015 was a bear market, and didnt last 3 years. Bitcoin moves faster than the stock market, just do some research.

Lol now tether is a conspiracy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: