Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When you think of currency what will come to your mind?  (Read 3866 times)
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:43:47 AM

IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde offers the following advice “Above all, we must keep an open mind about crypto assets and financial technology more broadly, not only because of the risks they pose, but also because of their potential to improve our lives.”

He have clearly mentioned about crypto assets but as we know most of the banks and governments are only interested in blockchain technology so that they can issue their own token on blockchain and try to fool their citizens with those centralized tokens that can be monitored and controlled by government. They will never allow bitcoin to take over financial systems, current bans and tight KYC policies are just one step to discourage crypto users.

But bitcoin can't be shut down with one switch that makes it immortal.
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:49:22 AM

I still believe in paper money will always be there. and bitcoin appears as an investment asset that will outperform other assets.
I believe it too paper money will never extinct because other country money has the face of their former president or national hero so why would they elliminate it? it is also for the next generation to recognize their hardwork for their country. Even crypto will be our nationwide currency it will never disapear its value.
carles enck3

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:55:08 AM

IMF is already considering crypto as a new form of currency. With the current technology the world have, they are already aware that BTC will be useful.

But, I think this will take years to be used in full. Crypto is still in development stage.
That's right of you say the IMF too issuing an international reserve asset called the Special Drawing Rights or SDR, which may supplement foreign exchange reserves of member countries. The total SDR allocation is currently around SDR204 billion (approximately US $ 290 billion). IMF members may voluntarily redeem SDRs with their respective currencies.But it's true it takes a long time.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:17:15 PM

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) just recently posted a picture that shows the evolution of money that people have used since the beginning of human civilization. Will IMF consider Bitcoin as a new currency?

This just goes to show that even the most prominent financial institution recognizes bitcoin as a currency. The IMF already foresees a future wherein digital transactions would be a huge part of our transactions and that the transition to such kind of future is already happening with the advent and rise of bitcoin, that's why I think the currency deserves a special mention in the front page of IMF's website since it is a forerunner of secure cashless transaction. It's actually great considering that it advertises the coin in some way and that it recognizes its potential as a currency.
waroenkshisha

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

https://stake.com/

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:52:41 PM

is the real news ? if it so, i think the first thing to think about is the security itself. We have to think about how to make a secure Wallet, therefore automatically the investor will believe again to invest in BTC. If many investor invest in BTC of course automatically IMF will consider about cryptocurrency.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:04:02 PM

this was actually a very huge positive news that came out a couple of days ago. this goes to show how much manipulation is keeping the bitcoin price down despite all these positive news.
if this came out any other time when the manipulators weren't active then price could have risen at least 40% because of it. this is practically one of the biggest recognition that bitcoin could get as a currency.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:58:53 PM

Also, it's funny how we're getting so much positive news and adoption this year, but still the prices refuse to go up. If this was last year a single positive news pumps the prices by at least 10%.

It's probably because most people who would have been interested in Bitcoin has already heard of it and have experienced using it one way or another during the December rush. The people who read the news nowadays are either completely uninterested, or are/have been involved. That's just my take on the matter though.

Either way, nice picture. They may not be referring to Bitcoin itself, but its image as digital money, which makes sense because it's about our evolution towards the digital world. I'm happy with it.

tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:35:39 PM

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) just recently posted a picture that shows the evolution of money that people have used since the beginning of human civilization. Will IMF consider Bitcoin as a new currency?

There are so many digital currency outside right now but bitcoin is not really popular yet due to low security.
But, i'm sure it will be the only currency in 10 years because blockchain system is the best i think
yron51

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:34:05 AM

My first come to mind when we say currency is the money that spend on a whole day to survive , it is many kind of currency in all over the world, I think currency is the most helpful for our dailyneeds.
Leo Barnes (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:16:23 AM

this was actually a very huge positive news that came out a couple of days ago. this goes to show how much manipulation is keeping the bitcoin price down despite all these positive news.
if this came out any other time when the manipulators weren't active then price could have risen at least 40% because of it. this is practically one of the biggest recognition that bitcoin could get as a currency.
I totally agree with your point of view, bitcoin really earned a huge popularity of what IMF posted about the evolution of currency and they include bitcoin.
guppak

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:33:22 AM

Maybe the news you mean is this http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2018/06/impact-of-digital-technology-on-economic-growth/muhleisen.htm
Very interesting to read. Describes the development of civilization including economic civilization, its positive and negative impacts. Bitcoin, its positive and negative sides are dealt with impartially.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:02:23 AM

I totally agree with your point of view, bitcoin really earned a huge popularity of what IMF posted about the evolution of currency and they include bitcoin.

it is not about gaining popularity though. bitcoin has its popularity already but the problem is that there is also a lot of FUD about it in the media which have been misleading a lot of people all these years. so whenever something like this happens where they show the reality of bitcoin and clear all those false information, that makes some people wake up or pull their heads from the sand and see the real bitcoin as a currency and see its true potential.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
popelene1

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:53:41 AM

The future of digital currency will come to my mind as i believe it will still be implemented by many people in the world soon... it will only takes some yesrs to achieve it
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:04:30 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 07:23:23 PM by jak3

OK now that's shocking, I never expected this from IMF. I don't think it really matters that they accept bitcoin as future of payment option because bitcoin is not a centralized currency so it is free from all this jargon. Whenever I think about a faint currency I only remember the unfaithful banking system. They take money from us in every possible way and sometimes they even charge money for nothing.
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:53:04 AM

I don't Imagine that  man is only a prefect transformation of human is actually who the using cellphone but using Visa or Dollar paper money is not too much recognized as human being... any way Bitcoin for me is really big help for my family in terms of financial Bitcoin are many different  option to supply income to each people but it depends upon on how they got it, this is the one who makes me being courageous, and positive thinking, this is not only regarding to financial aspects it would be like the teacher that tech us  how to live in a normal person at the same time we earn profit with our self effort only where we can stay and nothing to go anywhere. that is bitcoin you do not have any transportation to go through only here where you can stand through the help of new technology.

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SectorZero
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:09:42 AM

Yes, I am pleased that everyone understands that the lack of growth in positive news is a manipulation of the price. Someone is holding the price and not letting it go up. Governments and big investors shake out all the crazy and small, buying them cryptocurrency to have the most of the pie. I have not used Fiat money for a long time now only cards, and often it is a technology in the phone. Don't see the problem in order to replace the money in the Bank on the cryptocurrency. I will even be more calm about my money, more confident that they are protected.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Whenever I think of any currency whether it is virtual or Fiat , there is only one currency that comes into my mind is only bitcoin. According to me bitcoin is very sustainable and versatile crypto currency and the most important part is that it has always proved its worth and that potential to be very great and moreover since year 2008 bitcoin has always been so great and the success stories of bitcoin billionaires simply speaks the potency of bitcoin.
m_f_o_c

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:58:40 PM

Of course, I think that they will use bitcoin as the main means of payment around the world. The picture you showed very accurately shows the development of the monetary infrastructure of all mankind. We are moving to something new.
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:03:39 PM

indeed if we have a look at the history the evolution of money is very interesting and no one could even imagine that we would be able to pay with our phones, so also btc is possible to take part as a general currency and would be considered normal after a time.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:11:45 PM

Of course, I think that they will use bitcoin as the main means of payment around the world. The picture you showed very accurately shows the development of the monetary infrastructure of all mankind. We are moving to something new.

Yes! And it must be the future-forward thinker in me, that already makes be think of bitcoin when I think about currency. I'm a firm believer too that we will have one virtual currency to use in the future. I've already heard from friends in finance that there are talks about the use of virtual currency in a mixed realities platform. You see, our future will become so highly dependent on technology that there might be a way to actually live in a virtual world. What do you think about being able to use this digital currency in a "real" virtual world?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: