Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best coin to buy a cup of Coffee?  (Read 1900 times)
HeraldoCrypto

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:40:42 AM

I'm surprised Doge has come up so much. I guess it makes sense though. It's been around for a long time, so places that accept crypto will most likely accept it. Transaction speed isn't bad either.
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:51:16 AM

So what's the best coin to buy a cup of Coffee with? Transaction cost must not be expensive and the transaction must complete before the Coffee gets cold...  Cool

I suggest bobs token, as of now dumpers are almost done dumping their bobs token in hotbit exchange,  and holders are pretty near to get the price of bobs raise, you can take a shot on it while its too hot,  you dont want to get the coffe cold rigth?
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:52:27 AM

So what's the best coin to buy a cup of Coffee with? Transaction cost must not be expensive and the transaction must complete before the Coffee gets cold...  Cool
Could you take DAG system as the secondary option? because it has zero transaction fees. But it will be impossible right now. Even you are getting zero fees for your transaction but remember about the volatility of crypto is running so fast. you may lose more than what will you pay for your transaction fees

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
light22man

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 05:52:34 AM

It's a tough question,   I think for now it's can be dogecoin or ripple maybe staller. But you forgot to mention one more condition coffee shop must accept this coin, for now, most of them accept only BTC ETH

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:01:45 AM

just bring money it is the easiest way to buy a cup of coffee. transaction is within seconds, no transaction fees and you just paid what you order and coffee will still be hot.
DankCoinOfficial

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:02:46 AM

I've actually invested my entire portfolio into this low market cap coin
https://discord.gg/eNh9UP8
I think this is pretty solid
karramov

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:06:54 AM

Now a lot of cheap coins. Take let's say he has a very small LTC Commission and good speed
steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:13:25 AM

I though the the best one would be the most likely to be accepted in a place selling coffee. While no crypto is still at the point of popularity, I think the best choice is Bitcoin, some shops in the world accept it
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:16:01 AM

Dude why you need to have a headache waiting for confirmation just for a cup of coffee when you can easily buy it with your fiat.
Be practical

Haha well I don't know what's with the OP for asking this when he can just pay for some bucks for his coffee. To be honest, there's no coin will fit these or maybe some gift card will do? Or just pay with your credit card. No need to use coins that will just ruin your day.

Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:16:40 AM

I am thinking about the IOS token. Its faster than many coins and already have transaction number per second enough to survive the heavy load over the network which they already have scaled up for.

It takes only 30 confirmations for transaction getting confirmed over the network so I am sure its worth paying for the coffee cup! Also 30 might look like bigger one but the confirmation can happen in very short period of time as I stated above.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:26:40 AM

I've seen some stores accepting crypto for payment of services and stuffs. But I would like to know if there's someone selling a cup of coffee, cryptocurrency accepted. Haven't seen one or many I'm not looking intently. Would be of help if you could mention them here. I'm fond of coffee while trading and doing stuffs online and it would be great I could use my alts on more cups of coffee.
fedykog

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:30:11 AM

ops, even so, in my country it is not yet developed, so I do not even know, but it would be interesting! the best way in my opinion is a ripplle or eos These currencies are created for these purposes !!
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:34:07 AM

For me it is Ethereum. I sell my Ethereum on my prefered exchange and then transfer that money to my bank and then I can use my debit card to buy a cup of coffee. It would be nice if it was possible to pay directly with crypto but my preferred coffee shop only accepts traditional payment methods and VISA and Mastercard are resistant to allowing Crypto connected cards. Costs me $0.42 to sell my ETH, $0.30 to transfer the proceeds to my bank. Thats is why I usually will do about $100 as a minimum at any one time.

which exchange do you use that is taking such low fees for fiat withdrawals? usually the exchanges have such huge withdrawal fees for fiat because of the costs that banks require. i have never seen  $0.3 as the fee which is why i do not believe you.
not to mention that you can not withdraw small amounts (such as cost of a coffee) you have to withdraw 20-50 times of value of a cup of coffee each time you want to purchase!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
JuggSlash

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:37:14 AM

I would like to make an ERC20 token just for buying and selling a cup of coffee! Grin
Nell Theres

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:42:52 AM

personally, I think if you must have the patience to wait for confirmation just for a,
cup of coffee when you can easily buy it with your fiat. so be calm.

jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:45:16 AM

As you can see, dogecoins have not lost their relevance due to fast transactions and low fees even though many new coins with similar advantages have appeared. So if I were to buy coffee with cryptocurrency, I'd pay with the dogecoins.
Nidhi Bhatia
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 06:45:25 AM

According to me, its dogecoin only. One of my good friend always talk about this coin and invest on it and trust on it because this coin transaction fee is less and cheap and faster coin.So according to me dogecoin is a cup of coffee.

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 06:45:52 AM

Where i'm from, it's crypto is still growing and there are no retail outlets already accepting crypto as payment for coffee. However, if there ever is gonna be one to accept crypto payments soon, I would be hoping that they accept Ethereum. Spoiler alert, i am a big fan of bitcoin, but Ethereum really takes the cake when it comes to transaction speed and cost.

Hopefully i'll be able to drink a cup of bitcoin soon.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:46:24 AM

If you are using the same wallet exchanger/provider it can give you easy and instant transaction and there's no need for confirmation at it will transferred automatically.

Here in the Philippines, we have a wallet called Coins.ph that offer an easy exchange from Bitcoin to Peso. When you send Bitcoin in your Peso Wallet, it will automatically converted in Peso. Now that Coins.ph is widely known here, some restaurant and cafe, open up a peer-to-peer (QR) payment. The best thing in this App, if you want to transfer peso into another peso wallet, there's no fee and believe it or not - the transaction speed is more than a peer-to-peer.
This is what I'm saying, transfers are easy, no fees and real free.

Using the same exchanger will let you drink that hot coffee without any fee.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2422
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:49:21 AM

To get the freshest, hottest cup of joe with zero tx fees, you would use Yen in Japan, Yuan in China, Ringgit in Malaysia, Rubles in Russia, USD in America, CAD in Canada,  EUR in the Euro zone, Lek in Albania, Lei in Romania and Pula (lol) in Botswana <- that's funny if you know Romanian language.  Sorry, too many coins to list.  If you want to be specific about where you're buying your coffee, it would be easier to assist you.

edit: here's a list of all currencies you can refer to - https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/world-currencies.html

OOPS,I think he forgot to mention crypto coin. Cheesy

Anyway still the crypto currencies are not yet accepted in many places so it is a doubt that we may buy the coffee with crypto currencies for now.But if crypto currencies were accepted then dogecoin maybe an option but I think litecoin will be better for thos kind of transaction because of acceptability low TX fee and fast transactions.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀