Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 11:47:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Autonomous Cars Will Change Industries  (Read 139 times)
IndigoRed (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:39:29 AM

With semi-autonomous and self-driving cars already being tested, it is for certain we get to own these revolutionary vehicles in the not so distant future. Who else is excited about this?
I won’t be such a terror in traffic anymore. Haha.. Anyway, I read online that these future cars will drastically impact certain industries. For instance, gas stations will be obsolete because these cars will be electric, air travel will decrease because transportation in general will be cheaper, safer and faster. And since accident rates will go down, so will prices for auto insurance.
How about for your line of work, or even your personal life? How will these cars of the future change your life? Do you think you'll be more productive with your time on the road?

Source:
http://www.futurecar.com/2383/The-Motley-Fool-Names-5-Industries-Autonomous-Cars-Will-Drastically-Impact
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:51:30 PM

I don't think it will necessarily improve a person's life by just riding a self-driving car, but it might be indirectly. I believe traffic will reduce and drunk-driving will be a thing of the past. Travel time will be more efficient and previous drivers will be able to take better jobs.
Dominic_Johnson

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:38:50 AM

You bring up some good points that I never thought of before. I'm sure that there will be far fewer accident with self-driving cars in the future. Maybe there won't even be any accidents if all the cars are self-driving and interconnected. I never thought about the fact the insurance would be so much cheaper though. That should definitely be true. It's amazing to consider the statistic from the article that 75% of Uber's price goes to the drivers. That means that, theoretically, self-driving Ubers could be 75% cheaper! So cool. I think that self-driving cars will greatly increase the quality of our lives. It could even increase productivity. In some city people spend hours every day in traffic jams. If they didn't have to drive, they could work during their commute!
SimonOdell
Copper Member

Activity: 162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 06:45:33 AM

In the road system of the future millions of autonomous vehicles will pass flawlessly within millimeters of each other whilst moving at speeds no human could possibly control. The future is going to be awesome.

TOURIVA The World is Yours! https://touriva.info - Discord : https://discord.gg/wnteRpR
Yasaara

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:00:05 PM

With semi-autonomous and self-driving cars already being tested, it is for certain we get to own these revolutionary vehicles in the not so distant future. Who else is excited about this?
I won’t be such a terror in traffic anymore. Haha.. Anyway, I read online that these future cars will drastically impact certain industries. For instance, gas stations will be obsolete because these cars will be electric, air travel will decrease because transportation in general will be cheaper, safer and faster. And since accident rates will go down, so will prices for auto insurance.
How about for your line of work, or even your personal life? How will these cars of the future change your life? Do you think you'll be more productive with your time on the road?

Source:
http://www.futurecar.com/2383/The-Motley-Fool-Names-5-Industries-Autonomous-Cars-Will-Drastically-Impact

It will help everyone because even there are many luxury vehicles we still struggle to drive in the roads which is a headache some times but autonomous cars can change that forever
Yasaara

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:22:22 PM

In the road system of the future millions of autonomous vehicles will pass flawlessly within millimeters of each other whilst moving at speeds no human could possibly control. The future is going to be awesome.

Yeah less stress for passengers and less accidents 
Oowa

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:26:03 AM

we’ll all have an extra 50 minutes or more per day for work or relaxing because we won’t have to drive ourselves somewhere  Shocked
malikacakep

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:00:18 AM

it's just a concept of a future car and the concept needs to be a real test of fear, in fact there are many problems caused by this technology.
Gregarious Marco

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:53:05 AM

Traffic will reduce also the accident. Maybe drunk person can easily drive from his home.
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:00:27 AM

Aside from being more productive, I think once self-driving cars become a thing, it will really be a habit for us to be dependent on technology. And that can be a good or bad thing, depending on your perspective. It can be bad for obvious reasons, but it can also be good because like it or not, we are in the midst of a digital revolution. There’s no stopping these tech advancements. We might as well explore them and see how it can enhance our lives. What do you think?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: