Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:24:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UnicornHasher ANT Miner S1 Devices and Hosting [OPEN]  (Read 21271 times)
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:11:58 PM

Almost a month into the S1 hosting. Do you think they still will be profitable 3-6 months down the road?

Our hosting costs should make anything past 90 days a wash.

EDIT: Explanation erased.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blubberli

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:09:17 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 09:24:46 PM by blubberli

Now, do you plan to buy a S2 and offer shares (group buy)?

Ok, got it.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:41:15 AM

Deal #4 is up for $225 hosted gridseeds with 90 days free hosting. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516219.0

Deal #3 is up for Hosted ANT miner S2's https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=509658.0

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:18:17 AM

Prior to buckrogers leaving bad feedback here:

He asked to have his lease terminated and ask for a buyout vs paying through the end of the term.

I worked with him to provide a buyout price per the terms of the lease.  I hosted free over a weekend after the lease ended.  I then shipped the miner to him via USPS priority mail with tracking and no signature.

Buck is now asking for more than a non-existent buyout option & a few days of free hosting.

Pm's to follow if needed.

Most of the people I work with know that I give a lot of extras and am easy to work with.  This situation was no different.

EDIT: My loss was:  0.4BTC loss for hosting + time to remove and package the device + one weekend of free hosting.

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:53:34 AM

He asked to have his lease terminated and ask for a buyout vs paying through the end of the term.

I worked with him to provide a buyout price per the terms of the lease.  I hosted free over a weekend after the lease ended.  I then shipped the miner to him via USPS priority mail with tracking and no signature.

Buck is now asking for more than a non-existent buyout option & a few days of free hosting.

Most of the people I work with know that I give a lot of extras and am easy to work with.  This situation was no different.

EDIT: My loss was:  0.4BTC loss for hosting + time to remove and package the device + one weekend of free hosting.

I'm not sure what you mean try to scam you...and post negative feedback...I did nothing of the sorts...

What are you referring to?

I paid you for a service you provided and was one of your first customers. I never scammed anyone ever. I actually took a chance with you on your hosting deal as sign of good faith.

You got paid, I received a service, an honest deal where along the way I came up with suggestions for you to improve your sales and give customers information they may want to know. You even mentioned where I can quote from a PM that "I owe you some sort of discount for all the good advice...etc"

We mutually agreed on terms to end the hosting early as it made no sense at that point since you were asking for an additional .4BTC for another months hosting on top of the 1BTC I paid upfront, and the .6+ BTC I paid you at the end to have the Antminer shipped to me covering all costs, since ants were selling brand new for about 1BTC, so basically I paid you over 1.6BTC to host an antminer for 1 month and then have it shipped it to me.

I was simply asking as we have done legitimate business together and that you valued my input and opinions and praised me along the way that if you could possibly compensate me for the day I lost mining by maybe setting up a 24 hour miner or something, I never asked for "extra free DAYS of hosting" since the package I paid for 2 day priority shipping did not arrive,  and I don't have the miner to use until it arrives. no biggie...really! forget I asked.

So weird that you would post something like that trying to make me look bad when I am not anything like the person you described in that post and for something I didn't do at all... I don't and didn't post negative feedback for you and never would for someone saying no to a simple request..actually I don't think I've ever posted any negative feedback that I can recall, actually only positive feedback for people I've dealt with and who deserve it. It seems like you were nervous that I would, and blasted me....that's really too bad...I'm disappointed actually with your attack.

I have always been honest and upfront with any of my dealings with people on this site, and if you are the type of person that needs to attack a recent paying customer for a simple request then good luck with your business model man...jeez.

Please accept my apologies for asking a non threatening simple request...you should probably take after the GAW miner guys who are very professional and go out of their way for their customers and not try to bash them at the end of a deal...which I paid you good money for by the way.

good luck man.

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
miroman86

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:38:11 AM

We mutually agreed on terms to end the hosting early as it made no sense at that point since you were asking for an additional .4BTC for another months hosting on top of the 1BTC I paid upfront, and the .6+ BTC I paid you at the end to have the Antminer shipped to me covering all costs, since ants were selling brand new for about 1BTC, so basically I paid you over 1.6BTC to host an antminer for 1 month and then have it shipped it to me.

THESE ARE MENTIONED IN THE FRONTPAGE:

1BTC paid upfront gets the ANT miner shipped plus 30 days of hosting.
*If you make over 1BTC in the first 30 days of mining you may simply cancel the contract and keep your earnings.  You owe nothing. 

Prior to the 31st day of mining: 0.6BTC is due to continue the contract for days 30-60
*Again if you have profited or some crazy company comes along and jumps the diff by a few hundred percent you can just cancel and keep your earnings.
*We eat the loss and deal with the device. (Office space style)

Prior to the 61st day of mining: 0.4BTC is due to continue the contract for days 60-90 and be eligible for an upgrade credit or refund from the device sale.
*After this you own the ANT miner.  You can sell it to a US buyer or let us sell it or lease out the hashpower.

The total cost for the device + hosting is estimated to be 1.5BTC After reselling the device for .5BTC in 90 days.

FAQ
Q: Is there a discount for Paying in full up front?
A: Yes, you can pay 1.45BTC + 0.45BTC up front for the full 90 day contract including the refund at the end of the term (25% Hosting Discount)

==========================================================

If you read carefully, the terms really do mean that if you want to take the miner, you have to pay .4BTC, not unless you paid the whole upfront with discount at 1.9BTC, then you can cancel and keep the miner or sell it... The prices of the S1's dropped, its not our fault the prices went down, but they have to price it accordingly because thats how much we bought it.

You're lucky if you were the first ones, you got more time to mine than my first ant which came 3 weeks after the first batch.

Sorry dude

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:25:55 PM

*If you make over 1BTC in the first 30 days of mining you may simply cancel the contract and keep your earnings.  You owe nothing. 

Prior to the 31st day of mining: 0.6BTC is due to continue the contract for days 30-60
*Again if you have profited or some crazy company comes along and jumps the diff by a few hundred percent you can just cancel and keep your earnings.

Prior to the 61st day of mining: 0.4BTC is due to continue the contract for days 60-90 and be eligible for an upgrade credit or refund from the device sale.
*After this you own the ANT miner.  You can sell it to a US buyer or let us sell it or lease out the hashpower.

The total cost for the device + hosting is estimated to be 1.5BTC After reselling the device for .5BTC in 90 days.

FAQ
A: Yes, you can pay 1.45BTC + 0.45BTC up front for the full 90 day contract including the refund at the end of the term (25% Hosting Discount)

If you read carefully, the terms really do mean that if you want to take the miner, you have to pay .4BTC, not unless you paid the whole upfront with discount at 1.9BTC, then you can cancel and keep the miner or sell it... The prices of the S1's dropped, its not our fault the prices went down, but they have to price it accordingly because thats how much we bought it.

You're lucky if you were the first ones, you got more time to mine than my first ant which came 3 weeks after the first batch.

Sorry dude

Thanks for clearing that up for me..I was wondering where that original information was. It's nice that you took the time to point out that for me..thank you.

Do you really think that I am/was not aware of the terms and agreements I signed up for?

As far as being "lucky" for being one of the "first ones" There was no luck involved at all. It was a calculated decision and a choice to take a chance and risk with a new hosting vendor, which seemed like a decent deal at the time.

Regardless of how long in advance I had my miner before you had yours..the facts remain that i paid 1.6+BTC for 1 months worth of hosting, and had personal conversations with the OP which unless he shared them with you, you have no idea on what we mutually agreed upon when it came to termination of our agreement.

I paid in February for the beginning of the hosting period, and it ended in March which was 1 month of hosting provided give or take a few days. So when you mentioned in your quote from the original post: "Prior to the 31st day of mining: 0.6BTC is due to continue the contract for days 30-60"  I didn't get a second month of hosting actually, but rather the .6+ BTC was a payoff to end the lease early and send me my miner which I was OK with, and something the OP and I discussed amongst ourselves along other things which you have no idea about which we agreed to.

So to set the record straight, there are no hard feelings towards the OP from me at least. There was a valid and paid transaction which took place, and agreements made to end the hosting early.

So please don't jump in with quoting original information from the post which has absolutely nothing to do with our private conversations and situation the OP decided to make public, all that does is stir up trouble and cause arguments which are unnecessary. In other words Mind Your Own Business.

I simply asked for something for the day I lost mining due to a shipment I Paid for not arriving on its scheduled due date...that's all...nothing more. I didn't request a refund , extra DAYS of hosting etc. and to be honest I'm OK with a "sorry we cant do it" answer.

All I know is that I have been dealing with GAW miners recently and they are the type of professional company which goes above and beyond what seems to be the norm on these forums when it comes to resellers or small operations such as this one hosting a few pieces of gear. They are responsive and go out of their way to do anything they possibly can for the customer, and would never publicly bash them for something as trivial as this.

I guess I'll just stick with the pro's and the winners from now on...hey, you live and learn.

Good luck!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:28:41 PM

FAQ

Sorry dude

That's the thing miroman, I gave him the .4BTC off and allowed him to pay for the device (1.45BTC which is what we all paid) + ONLY used hosting time (.2BTC for the month) that's it. I discounted the rest of it and hosted through the weekend so there was no shipping delay.  I only shipped the requested method as I will do for anyone who asks.  Buck pasted the USPS shipping options with guaranteed delivery services available and choose a non-guaranteed delivery.

Meh. 

MrMushroom

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:15:18 PM

EDIT: My loss was:  0.4BTC loss for hosting + time to remove and package the device + one weekend of free hosting.

Lets jump in! Smiley
What's this about?
Where was this "Bad feedback" Left?
Did someone delete something from this thread as I can't find anything "buckrogers" has typed negatively about the OP before the above was made public?
So is it true did the two of you work it out "Privately"?
If so why has the OP brought it up in the thread?

sf2

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:47:39 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:51:59 PM by sf2

Smiley
miroman86

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:25:45 AM

Question about the end of hosting... Are you guys buying the S1's or just assistance in selling them?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:02:10 AM

ALL UNICORN HASHER CUSTOMERS HOSTED AND LEASED:

LeaseRig.net will serve as the customer monitoring and management portal after integration is complete next week: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=544732.0

sf2

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:47:31 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:57:30 PM by sf2

Smiley
miroman86

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:55:18 PM

Selling the remainder of one Antminer S1 hosting contract. This one is located at miaviator's low cost hosting facility.

This was started on 2/14/14 and ends 5/15/14 (90 days). After payment miaviator will setup the new owner's pools. At the end of the contract the new owner will have a choice of what to do with with the S1. Details are in the original post. Please read if not familiar with the terms.

AntMiner S1: 0.893 BTC (Last price at BITMAIN before being discontinued)

Remainder of contract: 0.225 BTC (way bellow current costs due to BTC price drop as hosting is set in dollars)

Total: 1.118

I would like 1.09 BTC + (if any) transfer fees to miaviator. Please PM miaviator and myself for payment details.

The S1 has been trouble free the last 45+ days hashing at 200Gh. The miavoator mining hosting facility has also been very reliable This unit is currently hashing at 204Gh on the eligius pool: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1AntS1LDnUpAyjC7SH5gM3NekduAwcJ6nS

Although i think this is a good deal it is the buyers responsibility to do due diligence. Thank you Grin

Did you have this unit OC'd?

sf2

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:57:55 PM by sf2

Smiley
key00

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:16:31 PM

Selling the remainder of one Antminer S1 hosting contract. This one is located at miaviator's low cost hosting facility.

This was started on 2/14/14 and ends 5/15/14 (90 days). After payment miaviator will setup the new owner's pools. At the end of the contract the new owner will have a choice of what to do with with the S1. Details are in the original post. Please read if not familiar with the terms.

Remainder of contract: 0.225 BTC (way bellow current costs due to BTC price drop as hosting is set in dollars)

I would like 1.09 BTC + (if any) transfer fees to miaviator. Please PM miaviator and myself for payment details.

The S1 has been trouble free the last 45+ days hashing at 200Gh. The miavoator mining hosting facility has also been very reliable This unit is currently hashing at 204Gh on the eligius pool: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1AntS1LDnUpAyjC7SH5gM3NekduAwcJ6nS

Although i think this is a good deal it is the buyers responsibility to do due diligence. Thank you Grin

I'll take it if miroman86 hasn't already.
sf2

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:06:45 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:58:07 PM by sf2

Smiley
miroman86

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:13:50 PM

I'll take it if miroman86 hasn't already.

All yours! I figure I have to resist temptation lol... have an S2 coming in Batch2...

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 07:24:37 PM

SF2 mentioned transfer fees.

Just so everyone knows.  WTH is a transfer fee.  You bought a hosted ant and paid for hosting.  Transfer away Smiley 

Who wants to be the guinea pig for LeaseRig.net pool management?  I'm curious if the ANT's will even work out without a firmware flash?  Maybe stick everyone on LRP

sf2

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 06:04:01 PM by sf2

Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: