Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:10:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bahamas Plans To Issue Its Own Cryptocurrency  (Read 218 times)
PsylockReborn (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:10:56 AM

“The production of a modern fully digital payment service is the way forward for this era of governance. A digital Bahamian currency is especially important for the many family islands as they have seen many commercial banks downsize and pull out of their communities, leaving them without banking services. As an island nation, where transportation can be an inconvenience for many, especially the elderly, and costly, we must offer financial services digitally and securely,” - K. Peter Turnquest

https://ethereumworldnews.com/bahamas-cryptocurrency/

There are lots of crypto freindly countries now trying to take advantage of the benefits and the awesome technology that blockchain brings to all of us. This would help bahamas residents boost their economy specially when it comes to attracting more tourists that are involve in crypto. I'd love to come in here spending crypto in the near future. This is just one example how blockchain empowers a certain country or sector in the world.

robertcross07

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:28:06 PM

This is really a great news for the industry at time of this current dip. Any new crypto entrance in the market will bring supply of all coins. So it is highly accepted for the sake of market growth.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:30:53 PM

It would have been better if they have announced to encourage the use of already established cryptocurrencies like btc and eth etc, i always say that we should take all these developments positive, it just goes to show that crypto is the future and slowly but surely every country and company will start accepting crypto.

420moviez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:38:51 PM

It is very interesting idea. Very much it is pleasant to me when the government doesn't oppose cryptocurrency, and tries to apply somehow this new technology in the interests and for the benefit of the inhabitants!

Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:40:04 PM

I was wondering where to go for my vacation and I think this is a pretty clear sign that the Bahamas is the place I must visit Smiley
dario.93

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:31:52 AM

Well this is so great to be true. I have read some kind of topics like that here on forum. And they all were wondering what if some country would issue their own cryptocurrency and so for now we're having the real example what would happen.
badykvik

Activity: 895

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:38:45 AM

It would have been better if they have announced to encourage the use of already established cryptocurrencies like btc and eth etc, i always say that we should take all these developments positive, it just goes to show that crypto is the future and slowly but surely every country and company will start accepting crypto.
Yes, I agree with you. crypto will one day become accepted globally as more people and country will believe in its unique features.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:54:26 AM

Another welcome footprint into the crypto world, shutting all deniability and apocalyptic calls declaring its end.
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:04:30 AM

“The production of a modern fully digital payment service is the way forward for this era of governance. A digital Bahamian currency is especially important for the many family islands as they have seen many commercial banks downsize and pull out of their communities, leaving them without banking services. As an island nation, where transportation can be an inconvenience for many, especially the elderly, and costly, we must offer financial services digitally and securely,” - K. Peter Turnquest

There are lots of crypto freindly countries now trying to take advantage of the benefits and the awesome technology that blockchain brings to all of us. This would help bahamas residents boost their economy specially when it comes to attracting more tourists that are involve in crypto. I'd love to come in here spending crypto in the near future. This is just one example how blockchain empowers a certain country or sector in the world.

the central Bank of the Bahamas plans to create its own cryptocurrency, this is evidence that central banks have seen the high potential of cryptocurrency and Blockchain, they realize that this technology makes transactions easier and more efficient, and has the potential for mass adoption, maybe soon we will see many central banks will make their own centralized cryptocurrency and finally, centralized Altcoin like XRP is no longer needed in this market

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:09:22 AM

very good news, this is good news for lovers of crypto, a country of Bahamas is a country with some of these islands will be a new crypto community, Bahama also a country with good tourist assets, I support the Bahamas make their crypto and use it in everyday life.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:12:50 AM

I am usually very sceptical about state-issued cryptocurrencies but this is a rare occasion when it makes sense. If standard banking services are really unavailable for some people at distant islands, cryptocurrency could become a convenient means of peer-to-peer payment.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:47:44 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 11:58:56 AM by bartolo

According to what is explained in the news, it seems that the decision has been well-thought-out and has a meaning, it's not that they are offering a state cryptocurrency so that people don't use BTC or ETH, but there is a real intention to help people. Also, they are planning to use the blockchain to fight corruption, which is quite interesting. In fact, this is one of the most interesting applications that blockchain technology can have, although, for some reason, it's one of the least talked about.
coin_maker

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:28:45 PM

That's a very interesting post. It's great to see that Bahamas is stepping forward to adopt cryptocurrency. Sooner or later, every country in the world will accept cryptocurrency someday.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 06:52:59 PM

I think countries' own cryptocurrency is not a good idea, all of them are going to fail against bitcoin in the long term because it all will end up with a one world currency.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:04:41 PM

That idea of gov digital currency's has even quite strong support in EU
There is report saying that kind of new economic system based  on blockchain and gov digital currency's can be answer for current one leaded by big banks without enough reserve
Banks are of course against because it will take away his leading role in creating economys
Many people are aware that behind any financial crisis are big financial institution what only one religion is profit for any price

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
availcrypto

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:14:13 PM

That you for the interesting news. I hope if it is done the entire cryptocurrency world will see a new age of crypto acceptance. Moreover it will drop a positive impact among the countries regarding cryptocurrency.
jonloner011

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:07:01 AM

This news is really great. Actually the market of crypto currency is getting more popular day by day. Now different companies, agencies and countries governments are showing interest for this. Many countries are trying to develop their own crypto currency. Thanks to bitcoin for initiating such revolution. Crypto currency will prevail in the long run.
Monetniy

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:14:15 AM

All countries of the world will be involved soon in this technology because it is very perspective and useful to society. Just not all have begun to penetrate into an essence of a blockchain. For some this unusual innovation with which don't want to deal. Someone also doesn't know about it at all. It will seems to me in the future increasing number of the countries to support this technology and will base the projects and structures on a blockchain.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:19:29 AM

This is really a great news for the industry at time of this current dip. Any new crypto entrance in the market will bring supply of all coins. So it is highly accepted for the sake of market growth.

Indeed, good for the market but we still need a little bit of a support from the community to advertise crypto. If Bahamas will open their cryptocurrency, then the market will somehow have another boost.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
dario.93

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:51:59 AM

I strongly hope that we would see more and more crypto-positive countries in the world, so other countries would see their experience and follow their decisions knowing that nothing bad is in Bitcoin and blockchain.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: