Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:11:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinica get my money out thread!  (Read 4133 times)
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2011, 12:04:01 PM

yes give me my 4.3 btc back!

Please log in to your account and withdraw yourself, I don't have access to your money.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 01:42:57 PM

I just want my 6 btc back! close my account pls.. take that shitty 1 btc if u want bro.. i never wanted that free 1 dollar! It's pretty gay site if I can't exchange it at the allotted/marketted price. of 5.5 usd/btc. I'm solely losing money due to 0 trades or w/e u call it. FAIL!

I would risk on saying you are a fuckin douchebag that jumps on shit without understanding it and later complaint and throw unfounded accusations.

If you can't withdraw your money(because you are too stupid), too bad, Bitcoinica should just keep it as payment for all the trash mouthing you've done to them.

Also, why is Bitcoinica probably a ponzi scheme, care to enlighten me? Or you just spew garbage as you think of it without giving it proper thought and without even knowing what words mean?
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 02:18:41 PM

While the OP's baseless slander of Bitcoinica is definitely beyond the pale, the general concern he raises is valid.  Services like Bitcoinica, MtGox, etc. are completely unregulated and unaudited, which would make any serious financial commitment to them fairly irresponsible.  I think a service like Bitcoinca could allay a lot of fears and get a lot more business (my business, perhaps, anyway) if it submitted to voluntary regular audits from an independent audit service following the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.  (I know Bitcoinica etc. are not subject to Sarbanes-Oxley by law, I just think it might good for their reputation.)
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 08:04:26 PM

Services like Bitcoinica, MtGox, etc. are completely unregulated and unaudited, which would make any serious financial commitment to them fairly irresponsible
I agree: as there's no such thing as a regulated bank for storing your bitcoins, the first rule I applied when starting to move BTC from my wallet to exchanges is that I used as many as possible. My bitcoins are currently stored in 5 different locations (wallets and exchanges) and no location has automatic access to another.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
hmongotaku (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 12:10:31 AM

I just want my 6 btc back! close my account pls.. take that shitty 1 btc if u want bro.. i never wanted that free 1 dollar! It's pretty gay site if I can't exchange it at the allotted/marketted price. of 5.5 usd/btc. I'm solely losing money due to 0 trades or w/e u call it. FAIL!

I would risk on saying you are a fuckin douchebag that jumps on shit without understanding it and later complaint and throw unfounded accusations.

If you can't withdraw your money(because you are too stupid), too bad, Bitcoinica should just keep it as payment for all the trash mouthing you've done to them.

Also, why is Bitcoinica probably a ponzi scheme, care to enlighten me? Or you just spew garbage as you think of it without giving it proper thought and without even knowing what words mean?

Ok So i learn the hard way the exchange is poop, now i just want what's left back? is that too hard mr. chinese person. It shouldn't be too hard since your the creator right?  Or are u a retard like that douchebag in  bitcoinexchange.cc Huh

johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 12:12:32 AM

Ok So i learn the hard way the exchange is poop, now i just want what's left back? is that too hard mr. chinese person. It shouldn't be too hard since your the creator right?  Or are u a retard like that douchebag in  bitcoinexchange.cc Huh

Why don't you go to your account and hit 'withdraw'?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
annelions

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 12:15:44 AM

The exchange is not 'poop'. It would certainly work better if you were to READ. Go hit 'withdraw'. It works. Really. It does. I've even tried it.
hmongotaku (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 12:23:14 AM

Actually I have done the code and testing for account settlement for a while. It seems that now it's a good time to introduce.

Whenever you have a negative balance, Bitcoinica will display this message:

And then you have the option of either settling with BTC or depositing more USD.

The system will automatically handle the currency conversion process. Then you will be able to withdraw BTC.

I hope this feature can help people who unfortunately made a loss.

that guy that replied for me it was in negative somehow when i put up the first hold til 6.50 to sell order... I was in negative... I ask for the free 1 dollar from the thread. But then i put  up 2 market sells for the "buy/sell" price of that time... none went thru.. and i burned thru like 6 of them. Losing .5 BTC in the process. Luckly the stupid creator auto-tradded for my balance. It doesn't show nowhere in the log, but I'm glad the balance is back to 0.0 so i can withdraw my 5.4 BTC. Thank you mr. chinese guy! I hope you're not related to that guy in the bitcoin show.  

All in all Mtgox owns this exchange...

1) faster trades at the "exchange rate".
2) Lower fees
3) Independent exchange. (bitcoinica is doggie linked to mtgox)

annelions

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 12:31:16 AM

I don't know what your problem is, but I've used Bitcoinica just fine for the past several days. I don't know what you did exactly, but it's fairly clear that you're having difficulty grasping how certain things work.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 12:42:34 AM

Actually I have done the code and testing for account settlement for a while. It seems that now it's a good time to introduce.

Whenever you have a negative balance, Bitcoinica will display this message:

And then you have the option of either settling with BTC or depositing more USD.

The system will automatically handle the currency conversion process. Then you will be able to withdraw BTC.

I hope this feature can help people who unfortunately made a loss.

that guy that replied for me it was in negative somehow when i put up the first hold til 6.50 to sell order... I was in negative... I ask for the free 1 dollar from the thread. But then i put  up 2 market sells for the "buy/sell" price of that time... none went thru.. and i burned thru like 6 of them. Losing .5 BTC in the process. Luckly the stupid creator auto-tradded for my balance. It doesn't show nowhere in the log, but I'm glad the balance is back to 0.0 so i can withdraw my 5.4 BTC. Thank you mr. chinese guy! I hope you're not related to that guy in the bitcoin show.  

All in all Mtgox owns this exchange...

1) faster trades at the "exchange rate".
2) Lower fees
3) Independent exchange. (bitcoinica is doggie linked to mtgox)

hmongotaku,

Bitcoinica is not an exchange, just as MtGox is not a market maker. When you enter a position at Bitcoinica, you are either going Long or Short. When you go long, you are betting (purchasing on leverage) that the price will go up. When you go short, you are betting (selling on leverage) that the price will go down.

1:5 leverage means that you can deposit $100 or the Bitcoin equivalent, and enter a position of up to $500 or 5x the Bitcoin equivalent on deposit.

Your maintenance is the amount of Net Value you must preserve x2, of what you must keep in your balance, or else you may be met with a margin call and get wiped out.

I think you've misunderstood what Bitcoinica is, hmongotaku. I see a number of buy and sell orders in your order history screenshot. When you sell '8 bitcoins' you've actually only depleted your available Bitcoin balance by 1.6 Bitcoins, as there is 1:5 leverage, and 1.6 * 5 = 8 Bitcoins. Where you may be even more confused is in the spread. During market volatility, and based on opposing trades by Bitcoinica users, there are times when the ask may be 20 cents above mtgox ask, and the bid may be 20 cents below mtgox bid. There are good and bad times to get into and out of positions, and it's based on your level of tolerance.

I have felt the way you do at times in my past, and because I did not understand something, I got angry and upset at it. We are, after all, just hairless apes. We do have the ability to learn however, and move past our self limiting assumptions about the world. I encourage you to read up on the highly available articles and how-to's for Forex trading, and once you've given it about 1-2 hours of reading, come back to Bitcoinica and make your comparisons so that you can fully understand the implications of the various features in the platform.

Good luck to you. I know that mr. chinese man means you no harm, and I'm certain that once you take a deep breath and consider the true nature of Bitcoinica as contrasted with the true nature of MtGox, that it will become much more clear as to their distinctions, and how they may be of use of use to you in the future.

Good luck!

-Jonathan

hmongotaku (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 12:52:38 AM

Thank you. Can the creator like add that to the FAQ... it's very misleading if he touts it as a bitcoin exchange like mtgox. then it's a trading scheme. I mean forex bullcrap thingymagig.

annelions

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 12:55:43 AM

Thank you. Can the creator like add that to the FAQ... it's very misleading if he touts it as a bitcoin exchange like mtgox. then it's a trading scheme. I mean forex bullcrap thingymagig.

It is in the FAQ. Second question:

To make things simple, there are no deliveries of Bitcoins. If you are looking for an exchange that gets you actual Bitcoins, we recommend Mt. Gox and TradeHill. If you just want to make some quick bucks in the hot market, Bitcoinica is definitely for you!
idontknow

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 01:40:01 AM

He doesn't tout it as an exchange, in fact he told you that yesterday:

The confusion is simple: Bitcoinica is not (yet) a place for you to change your Bitcoins to USD. It's a trading platform for investors and speculators to gain profits from the trade. Bitcoinica is a professional tool.
hmongotaku (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 10:50:49 AM

he just changed the faq... still very mis-informing... miners beware! lol I got my BTC back, never doing business with this again.

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 10:52:51 AM

i am a miner and i like his site.
and yes: i made money with it...
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 11:48:59 AM

I think an apology would be in order for falsely accusing bitcoinica.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 12:22:49 PM

To say it is a sham or ponzi is kinda libel.  Though I must say that bitcoinica is definitely not regulated by Monetary Authority of Singapore.  Having said this, most forex sites choose to be situated in countries where the financial laws are extremely lax. 
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 01:35:01 PM

he just changed the faq... still very mis-informing... miners beware! lol I got my BTC back, never doing business with this again.

I didn't change the FAQ since last week.

You didn't read it.

Apology demanded.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 01:48:52 PM

The accuser has the burden of proof on him, do a wayback machine or whatever and retrieve the alleged original FAQ and prove your allegations.
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 02:14:41 PM

The accuser has the burden of proof on him, do a wayback machine or whatever and retrieve the alleged original FAQ and prove your allegations.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:eYz_H6yQVmgJ:https://www.bitcoinica.com/pages/faq+bitcoinica+FAQ&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg

Google Cache: It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 22 Sep 2011 12:26:51 GMT.

Nothing has changed.

Thank you for the idea about the proof.

So, to OP: False accusation detected. Possible attempt of defamation. Apology is demanded.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: