Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:43:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0 Hashrate on 1/6 Rx 580 nitro+ gpu , breaks whole Rig  (Read 311 times)
coldiecoldie (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:10:07 PM

Get better Air circulation around the rig. I had to shutdown the rigs due to too much heat and bad air circulation. I was getting similar issue

It is not a heating problem, i have 10 cm between gpus and rigs are in an air conditioned room.
coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:16:29 PM

1st if GPU is OC then revise to default value and run for few hours to check, If still the same problem then change check Sata Cable from PSU is okay not burned etc. then change riser sata cable then usb cable then riser.
Issue will be from above one of them. I believe
I had experienced this stuff when i do add up a card and troubleshooting up first on the PSU but i didnt resolve the issue. The problem is on sata cable is burned down.
OP, have you checked out those connections? Be sure not to miss a single one and be keen on burned parts.

Yes i def. need to change riser sata cable, i didn't do that yet.If its from the cable it would be an easy fix.Other connections seem fine otherwise.
coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:23:30 PM

everything can be possible:
1. the problem with PSU (cables)
2. The powering for/to USB Riser
3. USB Riser/ loose installation.
4. Windows is corrupt
5. a dummy output.

1.Changed psu, not from here
2.Maybe -  need to try
3.Nope
4.If nothing on the hardware part works, i will need to try a fresh reinstall.
5.How so?I only use onboard vga when i connect the rig to a monitor.Other than that i connect to it with remmote desktop.
coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:30:58 PM

to use 6+ GPUs on Windows you should -

1) turn on Above 4G Decoding in UEFI settings
2) your hard disk drive should use GPT partition scheme
3) and you should boot Windows in UEFI mode (BIOS/CSM/Legacy mode won't work and WILL cause issues exactly like yours when mining with more than 5 cards).

more info about converting your Windows installation to GPT/UEFI boot mode here -
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10

I use a h110 d3a MB with a minig mode.As soon as i enable mining mode, 4G is automatically enabled, but i will check bios again to see if everything is ok.
I have GPT partition.
I need to check point 3.

Thanks!
Bigdrago

Activity: 312

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:33:14 PM

Adjusted page file?
coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:41:48 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 08:55:16 PM by coldiecoldie

So after a crazy amount of:

Switching to a new PSU, new Motherboard,changed driver version for chipset, switched ram and CPU,windows uefi mode, Reinstalled different version of windows 10, applied a registry blocker,Adjusted page file to 50 GB, Switched other risers, and power cable,Unistalled Afterburner, Made settings in wattman,Reinstalled afterburner, set GPU bios to stock for 1,2,3,4,5,6 Gpus in this order, than back to mining bios,switched riser power cables again, changed again using molex instead of sata and other stuff -  i still did not find the problem.

What i can tell you is what i have observed so far.Sometimes miner starts with 6 gpus with full hash and runs ok,sometimes it doesn't.Usually when it doesn't it is when i pulled the power cable out after shut down and let miner like that for 10-15 minutes(no ideea why).When it doesn't it can give 0 hash for 1-3 GPUS like in the image below.

VERY WEIRD AND I GUESS HERE LIES THE SOLUTION FOR WHO UNDERSTANDS WHY IT IS HAPPENING

When miner starts with 0 hash for some of the GPUs, i have observed that said GPUS with 0 hashrate do not generate theyr DAG.So if i will have 0 hash on gpu 4 5 6 they didn't generate theyr dag at the beginning of the mining process and after a while they "will not respond" while GPUs 1,2,3 generated DAG succesfully at the beginning of mining process and will not give that error.So after the miner works like this for a couple of minutes , it gives the error "Threads not responding, restarting" for all the GPUS that had 0 Hashrate and basically stops mining process for the whole system, this keeps repeating in a loop, with the gpus having 0 hashrate beeing always the same.

I added a Screenshot with this error.

https://imgur.com/a/plF8HvL

Sometimes all 6 gpus complete theyr dags succesfully and miner mines ok, but most of the time 1-3 GPUS do not generate DAGS and soon the respective error follows.

What is this?Does anybody know?It is making me crazy !
Please help !
punk.zink

Activity: 406
Merit: 432

Rollbit.com - Crypto Futures

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:38:39 PM

Did you check GPU memory error from HWinfo ??. if there are no memory errors reported, it means your GPU seems fine with current clocks setting.   

or you can try to add -eres 0 or -eres 1 on the bat file and you can add -lidag 1 or -lidag 2 at the same time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:57:45 AM

Hi thanks for answer

I checked with HWinfo and i have no errors.

What are eres and lidag options for?

I got some screenshots here showing the randomness of this weird problem.
In the first Screenshot i am on stock bios and Only 2 gpus generate dag and hash, while on the next 2 screenshots i am on modded bios for mining, here all 6 gpus generate dag and hash.
Thing is it is random, it can happen in reverse aswell, or other times only 3 gpus don't hash or only 1.It has no specfic rule.It is random.

Here it is the first screenshot on stock bios with 4 gpus not generating DAG and hashing with 0.All 6 GPUS are starting up but only 2 generate DAG, so 4 GPUS will hash with 0.

https://imgur.com/a/YBVqiRC

Second pair of screenshots.This is after restart and switching to moded bios.All 6 Gpus start up and all generate dag successfully.

https://imgur.com/a/fUIUHfv
punk.zink

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:25:46 PM

Did you check GPU memory error from HWinfo ??. if there are no memory errors reported, it means your GPU seems fine with current clocks setting.   

or you can try to add -eres 0 or -eres 1 on the bat file and you can add -lidag 1 or -lidag 2 at the same time.

add these function to claymore/phoenix start.bat file or config file. If you want to know about the details, you can found it on readme.txt, under claymore or phoenix folder.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:32:40 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2018, 07:58:36 PM by coldiecoldie

Ok will do that.

Do you know anything about the errors in the screenshots though?

L.E: I added the options you mentioned but still the problem persists
punk.zink

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:25:04 AM

Ok will do that.

Do you know anything about the errors in the screenshots though?

L.E: I added the options you mentioned but still the problem persists

It seems you used phoenix-miner, have you tried using Claymore or ETH-miner ?

Or maybe you can try to mine a different algorithm to figure out the problem.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
promomei

Activity: 399
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:58:04 PM

maybe one of the GPU is playing joke with you
if it was me , i probably try to found this gpu and let rig run without it
you said - now you have exra part to build small rig, just connect only this GPU  and play with it (like new drivers , not OC to much )
try mine differernt algos
who knows maybe it helps

Good bro
coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:20:40 AM

Hi so i have found finally the real problem.

One of the GPUS in the rig is not "broken" because it can work fine in gaming and other applications but it cannot sustain the constant heat/pressure of the mining process so after a while it crashes and brings the whole rig down.I suspect that this GPU has a lower quality than the other 5 gpus in the rig.

I changed this GPU and everything started to work fine.

Problem SolveD!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: