Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0 Hashrate on 1/6 Rx 580 nitro+ gpu , breaks whole Rig  (Read 311 times)
coldiecoldie (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:18:55 PM

So i have a problem that i can't seem to be able to fix for awhile now

I have a rig with 6 x rx 580 nitro+ 8gb, dual core celeron, 4 gb ram, PSU EVGA 1300 w and a h110 d3a MB.This rig can only function with 5 gpus atm because as soon as i connect the 6th gpu , 2 other gpus along with the last connected gpu mine with 0, so i have 3 gpus that mine with 0.Soon after this happens i get blue screen, and restart.

I operate on windows 10, GPUS are all undervolted with -70 mv, core and memory 1090 and 2090.

I tried switching riser 2 times, switching gpu power cable , switching pci slot order, riser power cable and taking each gpu one at a time.

What i found out is the following.Gpu is fine and can mine ok when it is alone, all gpus are working actually so no problem from here.Risers are ok aswell(slot,cable and pci jack), power cable also.
Everything is ok when i add 2nd,3rd and 4th GPU.

Problem comes up when i add the 5th gpu this time from the opposite part of the rig, so that as soon as mining starts after dag is finished i can see that 2 or 3 cards mine with 0 , and soon after , error screen and restart.
What is this?I never encountered this problem before, i have 3 other rigs exactly like this and they all work fine and stable.
PSU problem?MB problem?

Here are some screenshots

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2aqkgyupe/

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:26:51 PM

I have a rig with 6 x rx 580 nitro+ 8gb, dual core celeron, 4 gb ram, PSU EVGA 1300 w and a h110 d3a MB.This rig can only function with 5 gpus atm because as soon as i connect the 6th gpu , 2 other gpus along with the last connected gpu mine with 0, so i have 3 gpus that mine with 0.Soon after this happens i get blue screen, and restart.

I operate on windows 10, GPUS are all undervolted with -70 mv, core and memory 1090 and 2090.

I tried switching riser 2 times, switching gpu power cable , switching pci slot order, riser power cable and taking each gpu one at a time.

What i found out is the following.Gpu is fine and can mine ok when it is alone, all gpus are working actually so no problem from here.Risers are ok aswell(slot,cable and pci jack), power cable also.

Problem comes up when i add the 5th gpu this time from the opposite part of the rig, so that as soon as mining starts after dag is finished i can see that 2 or 3 cards mine with 0 , and soon after , error screen and restart.
What is this?I never encountered this problem before, i have 3 other rigs exactly like this and they all work fine and stable.
PSU problem?MB problem?

I have a feeling a PSU issue, Since you have still 3 working rigs identical I would suggest

- Take one of the working RIG's PSU and swap it to the faulty one

Troubleshooting if its truly a PSU prob.

coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:54:02 PM

thank you , will try that in the following days and will let you know !
mrstark89

Activity: 284

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 03:49:18 PM

It seem to be PSU 's problem
That PSU doesn't have enough power to operate all 6 cards
You should test with other PSU to make decision
Weswayahe

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:36:53 AM

It's seem like your PSU problem, because as i know power consumption for each RX 580 is 40-80 w. So maybe your PSU something happen with it, even actually with that PSU is enough for 5-6 your GPU. And also about MB, you have tell us if has try every slot of PCIe, and everything is fine. Please try to replace it with other PSU.
Ruster87

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:58:25 AM

PSU problem?MB problem?

add me on telegram tommyzjh, i do tuning and diagnostics for a fee.

coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:36:24 PM

So i managed to switch the PSU this weekend, but the problem is not from here.Any other suggestions?
rebelmalangi

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:07:51 PM

1st if GPU is OC then revise to default value and run for few hours to check, If still the same problem then change check Sata Cable from PSU is okay not burned etc. then change riser sata cable then usb cable then riser.
Issue will be from above one of them. I believe
deskless

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:11:37 PM

Get better Air circulation around the rig. I had to shutdown the rigs due to too much heat and bad air circulation. I was getting similar issue
Hamphser

Activity: 2534
Merit: 331

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:53:32 PM

1st if GPU is OC then revise to default value and run for few hours to check, If still the same problem then change check Sata Cable from PSU is okay not burned etc. then change riser sata cable then usb cable then riser.
I had experienced this stuff when i do add up a card and troubleshooting up first on the PSU but i didnt resolve the issue. The problem is on sata cable is burned down.
OP, have you checked out those connections? Be sure not to miss a single one and be keen on burned parts.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:28:24 AM

to use 6+ GPUs on Windows you should -

1) turn on Above 4G Decoding in UEFI settings
2) your hard disk drive should use GPT partition scheme
3) and you should boot Windows in UEFI mode (BIOS/CSM/Legacy mode won't work and WILL cause issues exactly like yours when mining with more than 5 cards).

more info about converting your Windows installation to GPT/UEFI boot mode here -
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:01:17 AM

So i managed to switch the PSU this weekend, but the problem is not from here.Any other suggestions?

From the looks of it and troubleshootings done on these two suspected parts

PSU problem?MB problem?

you might probably have a faulty board

just wonder if a certain PCI-e slot filled then crash, then taking it empty will be ok

try it out

edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:17:45 AM

everything can be possible:
1. the problem with PSU (cables)
2. The powering for/to USB Riser
3. USB Riser/ loose installation.
4. Windows is corrupt
5. a dummy output.

Ruster87

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:08:44 AM

add me on telegram tommyzjh , i can diagnose through teamviewer for a fee Smiley.. easy
edwardceng

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:36:10 AM

be careful OP, do not give home keys to strangers especially if your rig has sensitive data and personal data.

leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:39:34 AM

be careful OP, do not give home keys to strangers especially if your rig has sensitive data and personal data.

I'll probably give my keys to a trusted member than a newbie Roll Eyes

even this forum warned us dealing with them, its always been a precautionary measure
edwardceng

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:54:30 AM

yes, mate (@leonix007). I advise prevention because I see in Meta has many account members hacked in many ways.

I'll probably give my keys to a trusted member
agree

Ruster87

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:37:26 AM

who puts sensitive data on their rig? I have configured and successfully diagnosed for more than 100 rigs, welcome to join telegram group chat @Cryptosgminer
edwardceng

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:44:01 AM

who puts sensitive data on their rig?
each person.
You can't make sure everyone puts/doesn't place sensitive data

I have configured and successfully diagnosed for more than 100 rigs, welcome to join telegram group chat @Cryptosgminer
that's not a problem you've solved 100 rigs and tried to introduce who you are with a telegram but it's about trust for everyone giving access to their rigs.

In this forum, a trust rating system is an assessment barometer because almost all members don't know their attitude in the real life.

why should you give a different telegram to everyone?

add me on telegram tommyzjh

welcome to join telegram group chat @Cryptosgminer

coldiecoldie (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:00:35 PM

I did switch to standard bios on GPUS and i have the same problem.I will change the riser sata cable, i didn't try that yet.Thank you !
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: