Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Myetherwallet  (Read 139 times)
sunil_ad (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:21:19 PM

I have some Ether in an offline Myetherwallet. However I can't now access that offline computer.

I have the private key and the public address.

So what kind of action should I take to transfer these Ether to another location?

Grateful for all help.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 06:22:52 PM
Merited by sud (1)

Would you like to bring the offline wallet to online?

If so, just enter the private key of your wallet in https://www.myetherwallet.com/#send-transaction and send the eth to another offline wallet.

If not, you don't want to expose your keys, then follow the procedure

1. Go to this page https://www.myetherwallet.com/#offline-transaction
2. Fill in the address from where you should send the eth (i.e the address which you hold your keys now) and press Generate transaction
3. Fill in the TO address info (to which address you should send your eth) and nounce.
4. Enter your private key and generate transaction in offline mode. You will receive a signed and raw transaction message
5. Paste them in Step 3 and click Send Transaction

Since you don't have access to the offline computer, I think entering your private key is well and good in mew website. But double check the url before doing any transaction or posting your keys.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:26:37 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 04:58:49 AM by saiha

Just connect your computer to the web (internet) so you can access it.

Vires in Numeris
jakasantosa

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

Think better

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:31:47 PM

As long as you do not have internet connection transaction from myetherwallet will not be processed because myetherwallet need internet access to process.

Look Forward
sunil_ad (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:47:57 PM

Thank you friends
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 05:49:19 PM

As long as you do not have internet connection transaction from myetherwallet will not be processed because myetherwallet need internet access to process.
No, you are wrong. We can process the transaction even from a offline computer.
Generate the transaction from the online computer, copy the transaction in usb, sign them from the offline wallet. Copy the signed message from offline computer and paste it in the online computer and Create the transaction. Your mew wallet will be safe from being exposed online.
Haven't you tried this out?  Huh

@sunil_ad Lock the topic as it could generate spams and other members may say just the same what I have said.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: