Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:04:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] DualMiner USB SHA256/Scrypt Miners, $87 BTC, $90 PayPal!  (Read 5477 times)
btcshiner

Activity: 478
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:15:16 AM

Received one of each color.  All are hashing in LTC mode.  Either on LTC or FTC pools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajet

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:04:48 AM

can someone confirm if the usb devices register as 1 or 2 devices? as i bought a bunch and need to buy a couple coms as controllers.

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:12:30 AM

can someone confirm if the usb devices register as 1 or 2 devices? as i bought a bunch and need to buy a couple coms as controllers.

i think each one gets recognized as 2 devices
ajet

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 08:23:03 AM

so i wouldnt be able to run 80 pieces on a single desktop yea?

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:25:37 AM

so i wouldnt be able to run 80 pieces on a single desktop yea?

No idea
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:07:42 AM

How long for shipment to Asia?

Yes it's somewhat of a risk but I shipped the majority of the units I sold both domestically and using Priority Express International (mostly due to one huge order for more than half of my units, haha)

sorry  Embarrassed

I hope them to arrive tomorrow on friday, always hate it when it turns out to be monday :p

Will update when I get my big box of Dualminers :]
ajet

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:51:47 AM

sorry  Embarrassed

I hope them to arrive tomorrow on friday, always hate it when it turns out to be monday :p

Will update when I get my big box of Dualminers :]

yea that really sucks doesn't it, now i'm having trouble trying to get as many 49 port hubs asap.

btcshiner

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:59:43 PM

Try http://store.jonesgear.com/
they have the 49 port hubs in stock
I have used them for several months and they have always been good to me.  Website is a little cheaper than their Amazon store.
Nezcoin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:46:49 AM

Got my USB today. Thanks for the fast shipping / order processing, Mitty.  Grin

Seems to be unable to mine just in LTC mode, mines both just fine though. I'll tinker with it over the weekend.
mitty (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:01:08 AM

Got my USB today. Thanks for the fast shipping / order processing, Mitty.  Grin

Seems to be unable to mine just in LTC mode, mines both just fine though. I'll tinker with it over the weekend.
No problem, glad it got there quickly & safely. Smiley
Did you make sure you set the tiny switch on the unit itself to "L" mode for Litecoin only?
Let me know if you still can't get it working and I'll contact DualMiner for RMA info right away.
Nezcoin

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:15:12 AM

Did you make sure you set the tiny switch on the unit itself to "L" mode for Litecoin only?
Let me know if you still can't get it working and I'll contact DualMiner for RMA info right away.

Yeah, I made sure it was set to L.

Everything installed fine, pool info is correct, all the basic stuff I checked.

I can set it to mine both, switch it to B, and it'll work no problem. Set it to mine both and leave the BTC pool info blank and it'll mine just LTC fine. I can even set it to mine both, leave the switch on L, and it'll mine only LTC but KH/s is exactly as if it were mining both.

Set it to LTC only and it won't mine at all. I haven't found a way to get it to mine only LTC at the expected ~70kh/s.
mitty (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:26:10 AM

I can set it to mine both, switch it to B, and it'll work no problem. Set it to mine both and leave the BTC pool info blank and it'll mine just LTC fine. I can even set it to mine both, leave the switch on L, and it'll mine only LTC but KH/s is exactly as if it were mining both.

Set it to LTC only and it won't mine at all. I haven't found a way to get it to mine only LTC at the expected ~70kh/s.
I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your miner. :/
I just emailed my contact at DualMiner and will get back to you when I hear back from him regarding warranty claims.  Hopefully I hear word back by tomorrow.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 04:43:22 AM

received my stuff yesterday...thanks for the fast shipping, you are a really reliable seller and this was a fantastic group buy.

Here are some pics of my setup:

I got in late last night so i only managed to test one miner running in litecoin mode. It clocked a stable 68-90 kh/s
That was on my laptop running windows 7 x64

I tried to install in on my desktop Windows XP x84 but it crashes every time windows goes to install the driver. I installed the VCP from FDTI website like the www.dualminer.com guide said. I get the following error message: "driver download timed out"

Any ideas, Mitty? I will try again tonight and post some screenshots. Is there a place to download the drivers manually? that would be a lot easier...

Will let you know what speed i get running 30 of them on Dipo Electronic 19 port hubs. These hubs have a lot of juice in them they can deliver about 1 amp per port easily so that should help.
ajet

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 05:28:41 AM

I have used them for several months and they have always been good to me.  Website is a little cheaper than their Amazon store.

ah i'm in aus so they don't ship to me, its alright though, i managed to get in contact with asicminer and bought a couple hubs with expedited shipping.

Nezcoin

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:08:58 AM

I just emailed my contact at DualMiner and will get back to you when I hear back from him regarding warranty claims.  Hopefully I hear word back by tomorrow.

I figured it out! I don't think the issues are with the USB, to be honest.

I went to the install directory, changed and ran the LTC_ONLY.bat file. Raised the setting "--dualminer-pll 500" to 900 and it's now hashing at ~70KH/s.

It will not work if I use the GUI that installed.
mitty (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:10:28 AM

I figured it out! I don't think the issues are with the USB, to be honest.

I went to the install directory, changed and ran the LTC_ONLY.bat file. Raised the setting "--dualminer-pll 500" to 900 and it's now hashing at ~70KH/s.

It will not work if I use the GUI that installed.
Awesome, glad it's working!
DualMiner just got back to me and said it doesn't sound like a hardware problem, haha.
mitty (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:13:33 AM

received my stuff yesterday...thanks for the fast shipping, you are a really reliable seller and this was a fantastic group buy.

Here are some pics of my setup:
(snip)

I got in late last night so i only managed to test one miner running in litecoin mode. It clocked a stable 68-90 kh/s
That was on my laptop running windows 7 x64

I tried to install in on my desktop Windows XP x84 but it crashes every time windows goes to install the driver. I installed the VCP from FDTI website like the www.dualminer.com guide said. I get the following error message: "driver download timed out"

Any ideas, Mitty? I will try again tonight and post some screenshots. Is there a place to download the drivers manually? that would be a lot easier...

Will let you know what speed i get running 30 of them on Dipo Electronic 19 port hubs. These hubs have a lot of juice in them they can deliver about 1 amp per port easily so that should help.

I experienced a similar issue when I tested a few of the units and had just assumed it was something wrong with my computer;
I first tried running a few units on my Windows 7 x64 desktop PC with no success- drivers seemed to install but the units would simply not mine.  So I then tried on my Windows 8 x64 laptop and they worked fine and assumed the issue must be with my desktop PC.

However according to the DualMiner site you don't need to install the VCP driver unless you're on Windows XP- Windows 7 and 8 should install the devices automatically.

Can you post some screenshots of the errors you're getting?
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:54:52 PM

got mine in the mail today!

thanks Mitty
btcshiner

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:51:03 AM

ah i'm in aus so they don't ship to me, its alright though, i managed to get in contact with asicminer and bought a couple hubs with expedited shipping.

Ah didn't realize that.  Glad you got some hubs coming.  Wish I had got more than 3 of these from Mitty.  After setting them up they mine great so far.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 09:17:45 AM

Can you post some screenshots of the errors you're getting?

I sorted it out in the end. It was a problem with the operating system. Turns out the computer was using Windows Vista (maybe there is no support for Windows Vista?Huh? on the dualminer website it only talks about Windows XP, 7, 8 and 8.1).

Anyway i upgraded to Windows 7 and then tried again and they installed the drivers automatically, no problem.I have 30 hashing away now at average 1900 - 2300 kh/s. Appear pretty stable for the time being. Any info about firmware upgrades for the single chip miners? There is suppose to be a firmware upgrade for the 5 chip miner that improves the speed from 300 kh/s - 500 kh/s.

Also do you plan to have any more stock soon?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: