Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Keep Your Neck & Back From Hurting Being on the Computer So Much  (Read 117 times)
expertinfo888 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:17:59 PM

Thanks to wonderful cryptocurrency, I was able to quit my job and devote myself full time to my interests. My interests are now mostly cryptocurrency  Grin I also spend a lot of time developing websites and am learning JavaScript now.

However, because I now use a computer so much more, my neck and back have started hurting more. I am not overweight and exercise every single morning and take walks every night. I now have a sit/stand desk, so I can stand if I want. I use a large screen too.

Any other tips that you have learned to take care of your neck and back when sitting all day at the computer?

Very appreciated!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 07:19:43 PM

However, because I now use a computer so much more, my neck and back have started hurting more. I am not overweight and exercise every single morning and take walks every night. I now have a sit/stand desk, so I can stand if I want. I use a large screen too.

You are tilting your head up or down when you look at the screen.  Common problem.  Raise or lower your monitor so you are starting straight ahead.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
expertinfo888 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:45:55 PM

Thank you for the reply Vod, but I have already worked on that. My posture is as straight as can be now and the screen is perfectly eye level. Fixing this did help somewhat, but not completely.
lenbala

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:45:28 PM

You should try to sit properly, so that it becomes a habit. And often get up
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 08:50:55 PM

Thank you for the reply Vod, but I have already worked on that. My posture is as straight as can be now and the screen is perfectly eye level. Fixing this did help somewhat, but not completely.

Sitting up too straight will do the same thing.  You are using a muscle constantly and that is what is causing the aches.  Try videotaping yourself you an hour and then fast forwarding through the tape.  You might be subconsciously flexing something.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
expertinfo888 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:10:56 AM

Vod, very clever idea. I will video tape myself and see. Thanks so much.
kmil91712

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:29:07 AM

You are tilting your head up or down when you look at the screen.  Common problem.  Raise or lower your monitor so you are starting straight ahead.
[/q

I saw a youtube video with this and it really works also occasionally stretching your legs and cushions helps.
expertinfo888 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:53:38 PM

[/q

I saw a youtube video with this and it really works also occasionally stretching your legs and cushions helps.

Any chance you can find a link to that youtube video?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:26:39 PM

See a physical therapist.

If you strengthen some muscles as well as improve your sitting position, it'll help.
I don't think there is a miracle cure, just a way to minimize the problem.
expertinfo888 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:58:04 AM

See a physical therapist.

If you strengthen some muscles as well as improve your sitting position, it'll help.
I don't think there is a miracle cure, just a way to minimize the problem.

That's not a bad idea. Maybe I just need to strengthen the right muscles.
ingly1998

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:01:48 AM

Good chair and good desk are really important.
And rest and exercise ?
Descon

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 04:49:10 AM

Take a short break from time to time

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: