Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Was I required to have a poll?
Pressed the wrong button - 11 (68.8%)
yes ;-) - 5 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting feet wet - SOLO ONLY hardware list  (Read 3169 times)
bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:15:11 AM

If i read this well its simply in no way profitable to run a miner either if it runs on a pool nor as solo miner
As for the site given it seem to me giving incorrect values for germany and netherlands those prices are pure based on the energy itself but we pay transport costs and new energy tax and also a monthly tax which is not calculated by that site in total my energy per Kwh is 0.44 euro cents.
So if i am reading it right in no way this bitcoin mining can be profitable for me, even if i bought a enormous system with 3 x 6990 cards into it ( which i never can afford).
It simply would never cover the costs of the system and the needed electra which such system eats is like 1200 Kwh or something similar

BTW, I just checked your energy prices. Natural gas is cheap. 3-4x cheaper per KwH. Invest in a generator and produce your own energy Smiley.

Indeed if i could place such a generator without freaking the hell out of my neighbours Cheesy
Another option was to place a wind turbine or solar panels it maybe would in time return the investments, but the rules and regulations of the local governement does not permit to do so
Placing windmills is not allowed nor placing solar panels in plain sight ... yes they own a huge portion on stock of the biggest energy company which totally controls all of my region, or even 1/3 of the netherlands for that matter. Its again got a new name because the old was too tainted, lol especially for me they had a very bad taste in the mouth. sadly this old government companies still have a firm hold on every aspect of the energy in our country and hold the market hostage.
So either way for me at the moment it seems impossible to gain something out of bitcoins or can contribute in other ways.
I plainly lack enough money todo it right nor can i put money i don't have into something which clearly at the moment only would cost money.
Do not get me wrong here i think bitcoins could be a very nice way to shop worldwide and yes it does have the same problem as all other means with value, their allways be people who will try to rip you off  or scam and steal it fom you. But hell lets be honest every thing we do we are at risk of that houses, cars and buildings get broken into, creditcards and bank accounts try to avoid others scam or steal also and many times fail to stop them. Walking over the street with a wallet with 20 euro in it will get you killed in some spots in our country.
So nothing new is being said here, i just hope bitcoin gets over this trust issue again and hopefully gets a more accepted means of paying for whatever

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 12:12:27 PM

its not because you cant mine that you cant contribute. Dont worry about the mining; others will: its simple free market economics. In fact, its because enough ppl already mine that you cant extract a profit.

If you want to further the bitcoin cause; simply spread the word. Every online purchase or donation you do, send an email asking if they accept bitcoins. And use bitcoins for purchases whenever you can. That does infinitely more to help bitcoin than setting up a mining farm.

sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 02:18:01 PM

Good luck with that then. Next year we will have the 7000 series and probably FPGAs/ASICs so your 20 years will become 100 years and then 1000 years and you still won't have any coins.
Not true.  I may not have any coins, or I may have 101 coins, or 1000.  The power of variance.  By average solo mining will pay better, independent of hashrate and difficulty.  Blocks are found randomly.  No single result is certain or impossible.  Correctly applied statistics can help you predict averages and other properties over time for large samples.

Btw, the difficulty has been declining for months now.  By some people's (flawed) logic, solo mining pays less due to difficulty increase.  Should be very profitable when difficulty goes down then, or what? :-)

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 02:39:20 PM

By average solo mining will pay better, independent of hashrate and difficulty

On average being the key. With this sort of hardware, on average the OP will be dead and buried before he finds his second block. I guess his beneficiaries  will be better off.. "on average".

dbrownson

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 03:40:42 PM

I think deepbit is best for newbies, payouts are pretty often.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: