Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 05:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System - Looking for Goals  (Read 450 times)
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:17:51 AM

I totally understand how IT works, I just said that in a posters standpoint. But regarding the goal of merit system using SMART I don't think it applies in it. The only goal is to produce quality posts in this forum and I'm not against the merit system but I believe it didn't work even let's say that SMART was used to establish merit system.
Forward_Thinking (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:32:25 PM

OP, are you working in a BPO/Call center? We're using it for creating an action plan lol. (I know it is being used as well for other stuffs)

No I don't, but call centers are pretty well managed and tightly controlled because they can be. Call centers allow the organization track so much of the work being done that it's easy to use metric based management techniques. Sales is another easy one, but call centers are better.

With the T - time bound so you mean whenever we post something specially let's say speculation we should give a timeframe or so.

I think you are talking about price predictions? If so, then yes...if you don't say when the price will hit a number, you are not really being helpful.

And just want to ask on your example in reducing spam here. Do you have like data that will show that IF we use SMART shitpost will decrease?

SMART goals are just one tiny example of what I think should have been used to help reduce spam. My original question is not 'did they use SMART goals' it was 'does anyone know of any publicly communicated goals that even come close to fitting the description of the SMART goal system' and so far, the answer is no. No one seems to know of any publicly stated goals for the Merit system that even come close of the SMART goal system.

Do I have data/evidence that suggests that a formal goal setting method is more likely to improve an organization than an informal one...yes. Stated another way, normally a clearly thought through strategy is better than just guessing.

Do you need my help finding evidence as to how SMART goals are better than informal goals? If you do, please first read the reference I posted in the OP.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: