Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm planning to write a book about Bitcoin, any ideas?  (Read 3914 times)
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 12:22:26 PM

pyramid of wealth, bubbles, move along nothing to see here Tongue

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 02:23:29 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2011, 02:34:39 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

zhoutong, just to let you know I am currently working on a Bitcoin book that I will also be publishing as an ebook soon.

This shouldn't stop you from writing your own book as our books will definitely be different. There are a half-dozen books on Starbucks, for example. Each of them is unique.

From your outline, it looks like you are focusing on the technical and philosophical aspects of Bitcoin. I focus more on the business aspects. The more information out there on Bitcoin the better.

Good luck.

Thank you for letting me know. I knew that someone else could be doing the similar things.

I'm not exactly focusing on technical and philosophical aspects, basically the purpose of the book is to introduce Bitcoin to newbies, and present the revolutionary currency to them in an interesting way. If you want to target existing Bitcoin users, business will be a great way to go - Bitcoin needs more entrepreneurs. Either way is perfectly fine.

Let's not forget the dummy series:

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 08:05:16 PM

I'd wait a few months to see if bitcoin falls more or stays as it is or increases... unless there's some new demand for it, I expect it will continue to fall.

Signature space available for rent.
Alex Thornton

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 02:45:04 AM

Do you have an outline you could share with us, Alex?

Here's where I'm currently at. Things might move around.

Part I:
1. Introduction
2. How Bitcoin Works
3. Why Use Bitcoin
4. What is Money
5. Peer-to-Peer Technologies

Part II:
6. Satoshi Nakamoto & the Cypherpunks
7. Bitcoin's Competition
8. New Technology, Old Companies
9. Inflation, Deflation, and Stability
10. The Future

The first half generally deals with the basics needed to fully appreciate Bitcoin. It's geared towards people who have heard of Bitcoin but don't know very much about it. The second half contains more original research and analysis. My general goal is to relate Bitcoin to things people already understand.

I will probably publish them separately as ebooks and together in a paperback later on.

I'm not exactly focusing on technical and philosophical aspects, basically the purpose of the book is to introduce Bitcoin to newbies, and present the revolutionary currency to them in an interesting way. If you want to target existing Bitcoin users, business will be a great way to go - Bitcoin needs more entrepreneurs. Either way is perfectly fine.

I guess by "business" I mean that I look at Bitcoin from the perspective of a business person rather than a computer programmer (i have no programming background). We both have the same goal of introducing Bitcoin to newbies, just in different ways.
GimmeDemBitz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 05:55:50 PM

Part III:  What Do I Do With This Bag I've Been Left Holding?
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 07:20:06 PM

zhoutong. I like really what you are doing. At your age, that's really awesome. However, I don't think that you have enough credibility to write a book. You might be quite brilliant and the most knowledgeable expert in the field, but promoting a book requires more than that.

What I see is that you are trying to write a book for a non-specific parts of readers. They are not noobs, they are not casual people. They are like us, and I'm one of those interested to read this book just like reading this forum.

I would suggest that you make a blog instead. I have that need for writing. I want  to write. I participate in forums. You can participate in forums too or write a blog. I think a book should be dedicated for something. Like learning Forex or commodities trading. This has something specific and with value.

Write a blog. I'm sure you'll make more attracting your blog readers to your Bitcoinica service rather than taking on a new venture and starting from scratch with it.

Just my 0.02BTC
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 07:24:40 PM

No you can't, that question is closed since it's not really appropriate for the StackExchange site. Glad to see you're getting the feedback you were looking for elsewhere though Smiley
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 08:56:38 PM

Here's where I'm currently at. Things might move around.
Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: