Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:10:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook lifts ban on crypto ads  (Read 499 times)
Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:18:27 PM

Personally, I think Facebook is doing the right thing. We are all annoyed by the large number of projects that conduct ICO and which may ultimately turn out to be fraud? Facebook protects its users from such scams, even taking into account the fact that among these projects can be good projects, still in most cases it is scammers, so it is necessary to limit its users. Today, unfortunately, there are no exact methods of how you can do it without harming a good ICO.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:22:26 AM

It is sad that the bitcin will lifts the cryptocurrrency advertisements ban and no longer should exist in their social media created. I think we should move on from this since we can’t do anything to change that.
Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:52:40 AM

Nothing special happened - it's time to understand that fighting windmills is useless and if unavoidable - easier to accept than to fight. In this regard, I think that soon there will be a facebook-coin)
SongLovers

Activity: 237
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:58:36 AM

Good news, I think it's the right decision that Facebook does.
Cryptocurrency is growing and I think it's pretty hard to stop.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 12:00:56 PM

It is a good news to know that Facebook decides to allow cryptocurrency to be advertised through Facebook. Since Facebook has so many active users everyday. We can make the Bitcoin public. So, it might attract a lot of investors.
kripkiki12

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:02:15 PM

Anybody familiar with the details? I tried to advertise my page, OK, it is crypto related mostly, but I do not advertise ICOs, or coins, just would like to share general content related to the crypto world. Any ideas on how I could market those posts?
runor

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:13:12 PM

It is very good.  But this happens after Facebook has decided to create its own crypto currency!
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:51:36 PM

Actually that is sad since the facebook which is the biggest social media bans the cryptocurrency advertisements,
I think instead of ranting anything, we should also consider the reason why they do that.
lanndrysmith

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:10:23 AM

This is a good news for everybody wanting for promoting digital cryptocurrency and the development of the coin which help boost the popularity of a new assets form in the whole world.
LickKing

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:21:21 AM

Personally, I think Facebook is doing the right thing. We are all annoyed by the large number of projects that conduct ICO and which may ultimately turn out to be fraud? Facebook protects its users from such scams, even taking into account the fact that among these projects can be good projects, still in most cases it is scammers, so it is necessary to limit its users. Today, unfortunately, there are no exact methods of how you can do it without harming a good ICO.

Perhaps checking whether a project is scam should not be the responsibility of Facebook, this should be the responsibility of the government, but now there is no official regulatory agency to supervise all ico, which is also a helpless choice for Facebook. They have to ban all ico to prevent their users be cheated.

ofounz98712

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:55:54 AM

There is a reason behind on why they imposed a banning on crypto-ads is to regulate some fake ICOs and they will try to implement an AI or a special tools to detect fake and scam ICOs just like how they detect fake news and whenever they detect some malicious crypto-ads they filter it out and remove if necessary. Facebook is a large community and a large audience and is a great advertisement platform and so crypto-ads has a lots of money.
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:24:53 PM

it is hard to accept that the facebook already banned the advertisement regarding to the cryptocurrency advertisement
because this is the fastest way to educate people to change their lives.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:06:45 PM

It is great to see that FB staff is not braindead and they clearly can only profit from this situation, and so can new ICOs. If only approved projects will be shown in ads, there will be a lower risk of showing scammy projects. Crypto will be confronted with rather positive reviews. And it shows that Facebook realized they can not ignore the power of decentralized blockchain technologies and that the demand for them is still on a high level. It would be great if more global companies would do the same. The future knocks on the door and now it is their turn to open them.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
tantegope00l

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:45:20 AM

Facebook announced that it will now allow cryptocurrency advertisements. But they place a strict compliance on ads that are allowed

The company says it will allow ads and related content from “pre-approved advisers,” but will still not allow ads promoting binary options and initial coin offerings.

It mentioned that it has to apply first before they can be allowed to advertise. And they have strict limitation on the applications in order to avoid facebook from being used by scam projects.

I hope this is true, here's the link to the report.
https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/26/facebook-reverses-its-crypto-ad-ban/

Maybe this is just engineering or there is an agreement, it could be Facebook has now collected enough BTC and ETH to generate more billions in their pockets after the next bull runs. The ban is like a psychological war, because I still see the crypto ad since the ban. As always this is a business competition that is sometimes difficult to understand.
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:28:29 AM

Facebook announced that it will now allow cryptocurrency advertisements. But they place a strict compliance on ads that are allowed

The company says it will allow ads and related content from “pre-approved advisers,” but will still not allow ads promoting binary options and initial coin offerings.

It mentioned that it has to apply first before they can be allowed to advertise. And they have strict limitation on the applications in order to avoid facebook from being used by scam projects.

I hope this is true, here's the link to the report.
https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/26/facebook-reverses-its-crypto-ad-ban/

wow thank god that they have lifted their non sense ban on promoting ico in facebook because this ban created a slow traffic on the exponential growth of cryptocurrencies in mass media. may the lifting of the ban increase mass awareness of cryptcurrency to public 
lghdt943

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:42:05 AM

This is good news. If Facebook cancels the ban on cryptocurrency, more people will understand encryption and pay attention to encryption. The encrypted user base will grow bigger and bigger, the demand will grow, and the market will follow better.
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:52:51 AM

it's better, because cryptocurrency is not wrong, but the wrong is the developers who held ICO and then they blurred, or commonly called SCAMMER
I also hate against scammers, so from that they started to regulate the existence of cryptocurrency ads, especially ICO

tavernakava

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:40:54 AM

Watch this space, they will start looking into crypto for their platform and maybe launch their own ICO. Hate how they can manipulate markets by banning marketing...
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:04:24 AM

This is good news. If Facebook cancels the ban on cryptocurrency, more people will understand encryption and pay attention to encryption. The encrypted user base will grow bigger and bigger, the demand will grow, and the market will follow better.
In some point this really a good venue to advertise the usage of crypto, the problem is the same venue that scammers uses to promote scam project and hyip/ ponzi business, maybe facebook needed to filter and be extra strict after this lift to prevent their users being victimized by this people who loves to
grab easy money from people who's new around the crypto industry.
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:19:08 AM

This is awesome, the next step for Facebook who would be that they begin to support cryptocurrencies, thir costumerrs would be more loyal to them in the case if they will be supporting cryptocurrencies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: