Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:20:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient concept of blockchain  (Read 188 times)
anrian062 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:22:58 AM

What is the most ancient concept of blockchain in our life?
The easiest way to understand a concept of decentralized itself is RELIGION. Religion doesn't have a center of place, company, and people who run it. it cannot be destructed by physically and Religion has its own system. but it can be replaced with a better idea. Same thing with blockchain itself.
I hope people aware of the importance of blockchain and not just cryptocurrency as a medium for investing or trading.

please share your thought and kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dohh

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:31:52 AM

The easiest way to understand a concept of decentralized itself is RELIGION. Religion doesn't have a center of place, company, and people who run it. it cannot be destructed by physically and Religion has its own system. but it can be replaced with a better idea. Same thing with blockchain itself.
I hope people aware of the importance of blockchain and not just cryptocurrency as a medium for investing or trading.

You are even more right, than You would think. Just as religion, cryptocurrency too stands on faith purely.
Raypok

Activity: 232
Merit: 13

PRiVCY -Mod

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 12:12:06 PM

Interesting thought you have there, well regarding religion i don't think all religions are decentralized. There are both centralized as decentralized religions, for instance take Scientology or Buddhism. Those two are very centralized structured religions in contrast to as example The Amish or Hinduism. The comparison between religion and blockchain is in a general sense not really applicable. Maybe if you state that blockchain and a specific decentralized religion have common grounds you have a point there. Just my opinion, will keep an eye out if anyone else have some interesting view on this matter.
hollowdoor

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:15:11 PM

Well you dont need to compare with religions, You can simply compare with a chain of lego blocks which is controlled by peoples whole over the world. Where no one is connected and didnt even know anyone.
currencydesigner123

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:31:59 PM

To consider the ancient concept of the blockchain can relate with religion. Being decentralized in nature and cannot be destructed physically but has a higher importance of value.
allen67

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 11:26:56 PM

Blockchain need continuous improvement because they provide the security. If this blockchain fails then many investors will face a big problem. I think in recent blockchain performance is good.
jahidck

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:52:02 AM

in relegiouse concept we decide to trust in our religion without seeing who are running it , same case with block chain concept it records the growing list of crypto currencies and the value of those electronic currency completely depends on our trust.
jamesbtcearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:53:36 PM

I like your thoughts. I also kind a think like you think. But you cannot compare it with religious. This two things are very far away from each other. I agree that people should understand the importance of blockchain and also understand the proper use of cryptocurrency.
ClarenceDo

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:13:02 PM

That's interesting post. I like the idea how you compared religion with blockchain. To to some point I could not deny your thoughts regarding blockchain system.
PaulTrace

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:58:34 PM

This post is quite informative. Just like religion, blockchain are purely build on the faith of people. We cannot see them, but we do believe in its existence and, yes, we do have strong faith and trust in it. But yes there are better ways to compare it other than religion.
mktpromp

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:28:16 AM

This is damn right man. You have explained the system in a easy manner that will help the newbie to understand the basic function of blockchain. However, I expect you to share your thoughts regarding blockchain in details that will share the community a lot.
HelenS

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:56:19 AM

I don't think it's ancient. However, I've seen a video which explained blockchain through the life of an ancient tribe, where a BTC was compared with a stone possessed by each member.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:07:56 AM

You are a good example of a noob who doesn't understand blockchain at all, yet reveres it as something truly great and world-changing. Blockchain is immutable, append-only database that should be used by parties that don't trust each other to eliminate cheating. Your comparison with religion is completely way off, because organazied religions are pretty centralized, they have small groups of highest priests that make all the important decisions. Religion is not a database, and it's not immutable - old religions are forgotten and the new ones take their place - but in blockchain nothing is forgotten, new data is written on top of old data, and old data is never deleted.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:19:37 AM

you can not equate blockchain with religion, blockchain has many weaknesses, and religion has perfect value. religion governs all aspects of our lives, but we organize the blockchain system.

I think that blockchain has an independent system, anonymous, and decentralized, cannot be equated with something else.

there is nothing ancient, because blockchain creates new aspirations in the world of transactions. blockchain was born into a solution for every value of life.

robertcross07

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:43:47 AM

i am fully agree with you and this is really a great example of blockchain from ancient era. It will really help the newbie to understand the operational part of blockchain. Even I have got more clear about the technology of blockchain.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:47:24 AM

I'm not sure why religion has to be mentioned specifically, isn't basically any "movement" in general decentralized as it's a thought living within people?
it's a bit the same as miners being hosted by people!
a movement can be shut down by removing all the participants, and same applies to the network.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:05:10 PM

religion is centralised. maybe you should interview the Pope and find out more about his organisation.

however its distributed..
there is a big difference between decentralised and distributed

EG
banks. bank notes are not held in one single vault which if caught on fire would destroy all money.
bank notes are distributed. so if i burned a bank note in my pocket it wont affect or burn all the bank notes as they are not all clumped toogether..

but banknotes are centralised.

banks themselves are distributed. and not just one bank branch/HQ but many bank branches HQ's regional offices etc. but still centralised.

religion is not an open dcentralised system where everyone has both equal and no overal power alone to change the protocol.

religions do change and its people like the pope that change it, like making public statements that gay marriage may not be a sin no more. or that his ministers need to stop fooling around with the chiorboys.
so although centralised that "the pope" has more control than individuals.. killing the pop wont kill religion, because another pope in another location will get promoted because its distributed. but not dcentralised

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:52:49 PM

Little did I less disagree with you, the concept of Blockchain can not be equated with religion. because Religion is many kinds and every religion has their own thoughts.
The blockchain system can be simplified by the butterfly metamorphosis, which begins with a caterpillar and ends as a butterfly, each of which changes the animal stronger. as well as the concept of the blockchain system the more it develops the stronger.
anrian062 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:10:47 PM

maybe i should clarify this. what i meant is most religion. not all or certain religion. and i hope people didn't got me wrong to equate religion and blockchain. i just stated the idea is pretty similar and i just hope newbie people can understand from this point of view. i am no expert, i just come with this idea and want to share with others.
JamescrypTrader

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:46:30 PM

Very nice explanation. Even I was bit confused from the very beginning about the operational process of blockchain. But couldn't manage myself with the satisfactory answer. And finally you have made it happen. Now it's clear to me. I think it will help anyone to understand blockchain very easily.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: