Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:47:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to HODL or not ?  (Read 577 times)
mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:41:29 PM

Sell and buy altcoins Cheesy Oh wait, you can use your bitcoins to buy altcoins so don't sell them Smiley)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kzr_sk (OP)

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:48:29 PM

Topic is misleading bitcoingold isn't bitcoin.
When I am not sure I look at coinmarketcap.
https://i.imgur.com/oYdqMXf.png
Forget the numbers. Read what is this graph telling you. Should you hold and wait for pump which very likely won't happen or should you run away as fast as you can from bitcoingold is your own decision, I am sorry but you lost money.
Just waiting for the bitcoin to rise again, not much but a bit. As we can see BTG is its lowest in this point of time, so what I concluded from the suggestions that waiting for bitcoin to show some moves can definitely make BTG move a bit, I'll be out of it as soon as I cover 50% of my loss.
Fbi_babs

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:52:18 PM

I had bought some bitcoins in late December when price was around $10K. I had put all of it to trade on some altcoins to get good returns. Now, I'm all in on Bitcoin Gold, I bought it at $110 which is down to around $26. Shall I wait for another bubble to build up or sell what I'm remaining with ?
My advice: It's better you wait till it builds up again because when you sell, it will be at your loss. And again if the price rises again and you've sold your coin, you will regret it. Trust me i'm talking from experience.
rain_road

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:56:17 PM

The current moment I think hold is the best way. Current market is very bad. If we are afraid to sell what we have, we will lose a lot of money. and i do not like this.
BulbaLord

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:58:54 PM

I think you must hold and wait , until it will rise up again . So in the end you dont have any doubt . But its up to you . I only said my opinion .
kzr_sk (OP)

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:04:18 PM

if you really have to ask this question then the answer is not you should sell your bitcoin and go away.

in case of bitcoin gold altcoin that you are bag holding i have to say it was a disappointing project. i was thinking it can  have good pumps but it failed. specially since the successful 51% attack against it, this coin tanked hard.
what to do now? it depends on how much you have. if it is a small amount then i think holding it is best because it may have a pump since it is super-dumped right now but it is still a shitcoin and you will be taking a huge risk anyways.
I've 20 BTG. I don't know if it's small amount in your perspective or not, but it's huge amount for me. Please help me to take a decision !
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

For now price situation, is better to hold bitcoin until price become high, and if we try to monitor price situation today, the price of bitcoin is something goes down and down and the people expectations are not yet happens that the month of june bitcoin price would rapidly grows, and it was opposite things happens, because the price of bitcoin goes down rapidly on this month, so therefore this is a good time buy bitcoin and hold until price going back to the higher level.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:13:33 PM

I advise you to be patient and hold until the bearish market ends, or at least, you sell for the same price when you buy.

surviving and holding for a long time is better than you have to lose.
medivhaui

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:14:08 PM

Hold to die  Grin
thereactor334

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:18:02 PM

! LEDU Token Hodl Reward Program: Thou Shalt Hodl and Live Longer. The HODL program will reward LEDU token holders by allowing them to earn more tokens for free, just by hodling. It is our way of giving back to those who truly believe in our project.to participate visit their telegram gc
mehedi24

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

Personal Account

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:20:21 PM

I had bought some bitcoins in late December when price was around $10K. I had put all of it to trade on some altcoins to get good returns. Now, I'm all in on Bitcoin Gold, I bought it at $110 which is down to around $26. Shall I wait for another bubble to build up or sell what I'm remaining with ?

now time for buy bitcoin not sell time.please know more  about bitcoin market. i advice you buy more bitcoin.and hold it .
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:21:28 PM

I think it depends on our beliefs and speculations. If we still believe and keep supporting this system therefore we don't need to feel doubt and keep holding our btc until it will recover again and gives much better movements in the near future. However, if we loosing our trust and scared to hold because of it's long period of downtrend so I think we must give up and do sell because it's been a nonsense of still holding if we are not believe to this system.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:22:24 PM

For me, I think it is better to wait for the time that it turns green before we sell our bitcoin. We all want to earn a high profit so we must wait for the right time and we don't need to be greedy in selling our bitcoin. Since the price is low now, I think it is the time to buy bitcoin.
pxo.011

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:29:07 PM

in my opinion i would love to hold bitcoin and buy more if the price is more lower than the current price, because if i sell it i will lose profit so keep holding maybe what happen last five years ago will happen again next five years.
dedens212

Activity: 208

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

Yes you should. If you still believe in Bitcoin, you have to do that. Besides, the situation now forces us to hold because Bitcoin is still decreasing. But believe me, Bitcoin will rise again, you will not regret holding it. Your money will come back again.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:43:43 PM

Bitcoin gold is just an attempt to get profit of the name of bitcoin, it was a project that was over hyped by many people and it turned out to be a big disappointment, so investing in it or just holding is not really the brightest idea, so what i suggest you do is go ahead and exchange what you have from bitcoin into a good ICO token hold it for a while until you get a sizable amount of profit from it than reinvest that money in bitcoin, because bitcoin will always be the best and the safest investment in my opinion
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:44:35 PM

this is exactly why you should never hold  any altcoin for long term. there is no exception for their dumps. it WILL come eventually and it will come hard.

in case of BTG you got unlucky because it not only got dumped hard but also it was attacked (51% attack) that wiped the chain and it got dumped even harder.

that is the story with altcoins they have lots of bugs even the big ones and they will come out and cause mass panic and dumps like this.

There is a FOMO brewing...
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:46:36 PM

Bitcoin is worth to hold but if you hold altcoin, I can guarantee that it's worth or not.
AFAIK, altcoin trading far more riskier than bitcoin trading but sometimes altcoin yield more profit than bitcoin so if you can overcome the risk, you never know what result that will come upon you !
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:50:34 PM

Hold hold hold! Don't sell any transaction if you know that it dumps lesser its price when you buy it or you lose. Next time don't hold alts for a long time.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:51:39 PM

I’m holding everything for now. In fact, I have bought more during the price drops but I have reached a point where I don’t think I can buy any more.

I plan to just hold and ride out the correction for as long as it takes to recover and make a profit. Even then I will only sell a little bit of my investment each year so hopefully it will continue to grow over that period of time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: