Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Identify Fake self Airdrops  (Read 151 times)
OluwaTosin10 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:24:30 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2018, 09:44:54 PM by OluwaTosin10

1. Once u open any Google airdrop form and the first thing u see is "donate 0.01 ETH to receive 100,000 tokens bla bla JUST IGNORE IT. IT IS SCAM.
Note: Airdrops are meant to be FREE!

2. Before you do any SELF AIRDROP at all, first copy the address and scan it on ethplorer.io to see if they are truly sending tokens to people who have donated!

3. The fact that you see from the ethplorer.io scan that people who donated received tokens does not still make the SELF AIRDROP real!

4. Look at the ETH balance of the address you are asked to donate to, if it is not up to at least $2000, just LEAVE IT, IT IS SCAM!

5. Also apart from scanning the ETH address you were asked to donate to, also click and scan the ETH address dispatching tokens to people, you will be shocked to see that most are private eth wallets with other several fake coins inside!
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:55:23 PM

Have seen a video of this once before and thought it was a joke
I will have the research figured out and see if it works out

Thanks for the information
More tokens to your walet
tonyosa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 07:59:05 PM

They call it self airdrop, they are almost every time a scam, you may actually some shitty tokens are worthless,littering your wallet.it is better to avoid them altogether
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 08:14:57 PM

They call it self airdrop, they are almost every time a scam, you may actually some shitty tokens are worthless,littering your wallet.it is better to avoid them altogether

Yes you are right
Avoiding them is better
They end up as scam and worth nonsense when listed on exchange
I guess it’s now a new way of scamming people of Etherum

That’s why Etherum Blockchain needs to be regulated to prevent issues as this
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:22:59 PM

there are so many airdrops advertisement everywhere nowadays. in social media, reddit, bitcointalk and telegram channels. they are all full of scam airdrops. their aim is mostly to collect our mail addresses to sell.

turn the page
dakiller

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:19:43 AM

Most AirDrop is to collect customer information and telegram member.
Some newer ways, they ask us to send small amounts of ETH in their wallets, and they will give us tokens.
The token number is mostly garbage.
It's best not to do it.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:15:00 PM

Most AirDrop is to collect customer information and telegram member.
Some newer ways, they ask us to send small amounts of ETH in their wallets, and they will give us tokens.
The token number is mostly garbage.
It's best not to do it.

Yes you are right, it is best not to do those self airdrops
it is definitely mostly scam, they have no website, secret teams

But for some self drop they have beautiful project idea and end up a success just like ENUMIVO

LETS be positive all in all.
dakiller

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:55:08 PM

Yes you are right, it is best not to do those self airdrops
it is definitely mostly scam, they have no website, secret teams
But for some self drop they have beautiful project idea and end up a success just like ENUMIVO
LETS be positive all in all.
Yup! Look at hydrogen.
Previously Polymath.
I mean, we should not participate airdrop of projects require us to pay for their ETH then receive their token.
pretfeestje

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:38:13 AM

Wow. that was insightful and really helpful. Thanks. I really wish this will get more views, let people be aware of things like this, so they don't easily fall for scam and lose their money. The scammers are really doing a lot to get to these people who are working their ass off or their money, and this is really heartbreaking. It's making the market an unsafe place to be.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:24:30 AM

Airdrops don't really need donation. If it requires , then no need to check their addresses because that's 100% fake. That's why I only signed up for airdrops don't require donation. 
ximenzi

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:28:02 AM

Thank you for sharing the information, I think I can add some, if there are any airdrops asking for your private key or asking for identification, personal photos, etc. then this is a fake airdrop!
Jianx

Activity: 630
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:36:00 AM

now the more rampant airdrop project that led to a scam, we must be really careful in following the airdrop projectthey take advantage of this situation for personal gain
hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:38:27 AM

1. Once u open any Google airdrop form and the first thing u see is "donate 0.01 ETH to receive 100,000 tokens bla bla JUST IGNORE IT. IT IS SCAM.
Note: Airdrops are meant to be FREE!

2. Before you do any SELF AIRDROP at all, first copy the address and scan it on ethplorer.io to see if they are truly sending tokens to people who have donated!

3. The fact that you see from the ethplorer.io scan that people who donated received tokens does not still make the SELF AIRDROP real!

4. Look at the ETH balance of the address you are asked to donate to, if it is not up to at least $2000, just LEAVE IT, IT IS SCAM!

5. Also apart from scanning the ETH address you were asked to donate to, also click and scan the ETH address dispatching tokens to people, you will be shocked to see that most are private eth wallets with other several fake coins inside!

yes dear, the is fucking truth about most of the airdrops because what i m seeing now is that most people due create airdrops by them self and be asking people to donate and have there token, one you may donate and receive the airdrops but it will never be listed on exchange whereas just like dump to you because we can't make use of it. even all the process are you listed above are confirm. what i m trying to say is that we should stay clear from any airdrops because many have been complaining of hack. now in summary any airdrops you were asked to signin your mails and the rest.. please don't sign-in that is other ways of hacking people through airdrops and the rest.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:57:16 AM

Have met a few of the supposed send 0 or send 0.01 eth to received certain amount of token
And this has pleased me immensely
What we probably can do I’m not sure

But I learn daily from the site and hopefully
I continue to learn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: