Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:16:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low estimate Payouts  (Read 144 times)
Xvspudvx (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:44:37 PM

I am basically new to mining.

I have set myself up a small rig so far with 1 x1080ti and 5x 1080's. Now a couple months back when I started I went the fairly standard new route of using nicehash, and was getting around £3 - £4 per day with just a 1080ti and a 1070.

I have noticed like most that payouts have been going down over time due to from what I can read up on a multitude of factors ranging from dropping BTC price to increased difficulty in alt coins and many other things that are going above my head.

I have since moved over to Awesomeminer using their profit switching and around 5 pools, Nicehash (although I think I have only ever seen it switch over to this once) Ahashpool, Mining Pool Hub, Zpool and Zergpool. I was using blockmaster as well but I couldn't define any coins from them and had read and also found that they were giving much higher estimates than the payouts were, ie My rig would mine them for around 95% of the day with them estimating £6 - £7 payouts and me finding over a week period it is more like £2 -£3 per day.

I have only just started to figure out how to define the coins in AM so have been doing so as they come up although some I still can't do due to the site only show a multitude of coins attached the one port.

So off the rig of cards above mining for Eth,equi,keccek, neo,lyra2rev2 and skein, (I knowq some of these might be a bit garbage but they seem to pop up every now and then as higher profits). With switching set to every 30 mins with a 15% profit differnce.

I still seem to be only getting estimated profits of around £3-£4 per day even with the bigger increase in cards and what people say is a much better mining option due to the switching pools etc.

I will update this as longer figures are filtered to me.

But any hints and tips on how to adjust this and as to why my payouts seem to be so low when as far as I can tell they shouldn't.

Any help greatly appreciated.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:19:20 PM

Switching algos and chasing profits like that always leads to making less overall. You shouldnt be looking at how much fiat per day you are making, you should be mining coins you think have a strong upside so you can sell them for a profit later. The way you are doing it leaves most of the profit in the trash as you bounce around endlessly on garbage coins.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Quake4

Activity: 825
Merit: 18

MindMiner developer

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 05:17:34 PM

Hi, Xvspudvx

You are not newbie. You tried five pool and two programs. And came to the conclusion that "something is wrong".
Please try the third. Smiley

https://github.com/Quake4/MindMiner

Allow only NiceHash and ZergPool and possibly ZPool.
I tried hard to make that the calculated profit coincided with the received.

MindMiner - miner manager programm with autoswitch between Algos&Pools.
This isnt a fork based on MultiPoolMiner (Nemos, SniffDog, Mega, NPlus & etc)
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:23:34 PM

For a long time I was doing what you are doing now. To me, it wasn't worth it. I know that all the time people suggest using these profit switching codes, but, on average, you will earn more or less the same (or even less) than staying on just one particular coin (algo) and not switching at all. Like @fanatic26 said, the best strategy by far is to try to find a coin with bright future (this is the hardest part) and stay with it in the long run. And yes, unless you have monthly bills to pay, don't use fiat money as a reference for your revenue, use BTC instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: