Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:58:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone received their Black Arrow X1 and X3?  (Read 1485 times)
Dallas5 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 05:06:58 PM

So it's February 2014,

let's make this a thread for everyone to post if they received their X1/X3's. You need to add 1 or more photos as evidence.

My december 2013 order of 2 X1's were promised to be delivered mid march.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 05:34:33 PM

So it's February 2014,

let's make this a thread for everyone to post if they received their X1/X3's. You need to add 1 or more photos as evidence.

My december 2013 order of 2 X1's were promised to be delivered mid march.

I don't expect this thread to be busy for quite a while yet  Undecided

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:53:09 PM

How it would be possible as they don't even have ready chips yet?!

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 06:22:13 PM

1 mistake/something doesnt go to plan = an additional 10 week delay. Chip manufacturing is sequential, any problem -> go back to step 1.

Dallas5 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 07:48:01 PM

Well eventualy some one will get their products. Do you have a source for your claim?

evel

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:06:45 PM

>>Anyone received their Black Arrow X1 and X3?
We received an email saying the Batch 1 was delayed to May ... and we get a crappy 25% hashrate for 4 months cloud mining as compensation ...  Embarrassed
Previsible tho  Grin
Dallas5 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:14:34 PM

We received an email saying the Batch 1 was delayed to May ... and we get a crappy 25% hashrate for 4 months cloud mining as compensation ...  Embarrassed
Previsible tho  Grin

Well it's better then nothing, but I bought mine from minersource and haven't received any email about this delay. My products where promised to be delivered in March. I've sent a mail to minersource days ago but no reply yet. I think everyone who bought their X1 and X3's there should be equally entitled to the cloud mining compensation.

Do you have a contact email?

Are you already able to cloud mine or did they give you a date? Could you copy paste the mail here?

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:33:21 AM

1 mistake/something doesnt go to plan = an additional 10 week delay. Chip manufacturing is sequential, any problem -> go back to step 1.
People are so understanding when it comes to Black Arrow, but when BFL does it the scream bloody murder and dig out the pitchforks. Sounds about right.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:54:38 AM

People are so understanding when it comes to Black Arrow, but when BFL does it the scream bloody murder and dig out the pitchforks. Sounds about right.

I'm NOT understanding............I asked for & got my refund................BIG difference  Cheesy

BFL,NO REFUNDS  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:21:04 AM

Previsible tho  Grin

Look on the bright side: At least the exchange rate will continue to rise, thus making up for... BRB, for I need to tend to a Google "bitcoin" alert, of which is almost always good news.
evel

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:55:54 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 04:08:22 AM by evel

Are you already able to cloud mine or did they give you a date? Could you copy paste the mail here?

4-month compensation cloud mining starts on May with the Rent-a-minion program.
The email is this one:

We have to inform you that our schedule to manufacture and assemble the system has been disrupted and we are unable to make delivery of the Batch 1 Minion ASIC chip on the initial scheduled date (end of February). We are now expecting to dispatch all Batch 1 orders on 1st of May 2014.

Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets. However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping in order to ensure that the product provides the best-possible user experience.

Without this delay we would have achieved 1.5W/Ghash which would have meant that our chip would not have been competitive at all.

We have now finalized the design process using our newly improved code and will start manufacturing the chip (tape out) in the next few days.

We are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption. We confirm that our latest improved design has the following technical specifications:

·0.75w/Ghash on TT corner @ 25C which is expected to run at 120Ghash/sec.

·SS corner will be 0.6w/ghash and will run at 100Ghash.

·A further underclocking and underpower should be possible and should yield 80Ghash @ 0.5W/ghash. However, please note that this is not guaranteed to work stable.

Please note, that a further push for improvement in the optimization process would have guaranteed further delays for at least 1-2 months.

It is no secret to us that the Bitcoin mining process is proving to be more and more difficult every day. To compensate our loyal customer for the unforeseen delay of in delivering our miners for batch 1, we are happy to offer free extra hashing power which consists of 25% of your purchased hashing power from our Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months.

The account for the tape-out has been settled in full and we are confident that the delivery will be completed shortly.

We are taking all the necessary measures and positive actions to expedite delivery to you as soon possible and we are confident that we have the resources to be successful.

Please note:

·We estimate that the delivery for the Batch1 will coincide with the delivery of the Batch2
·The delivery of Batch2 remains unchanged
·The one-off offer presented above is open to the customers who placed orders for Batch1

Sincerely,
The Black Arrow Software Team

What is not clear to me is if they are moving to 20nm to solve the energy problem or what ...

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:06:39 AM

Well eventualy some one will get their products. Do you have a source for your claim?

Well how about the Company themselves telling you that batch 1 orders are not even EXPECTED to ship until May 1st.?

http://ecointalk.net/topic/480-minion-updates/

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
3DX4D

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:28:11 AM

I'm NOT understanding............I asked for & got my refund................BIG difference  Cheesy

BFL,NO REFUNDS  Wink

How did you get the refund?  I sent Miner Source an email and also PM to bobsag3.  Neither method of communication was returned.  I would like a refund for my order of 4 X1's.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:10:23 AM

BFL,NO REFUNDS  Wink

How did you get the refund?  I sent Miner Source an email and also PM to bobsag3.  Neither method of communication was returned.  I would like a refund for my order of 4 X1's.

Exactly what I did,ask again,but be nice.Maybe I got lucky  Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Dallas5 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 11:31:32 AM

The email is this one:

What is not clear to me is if they are moving to 20nm to solve the energy problem or what ...

Thanks evel for posting it, I guess they will send anyone a link and login for the cloud mining when the time comes. I'll send an extra mail to BA to be sure.

Colin Miner

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 02:29:43 PM

I don't expect this thread to be busy for quite a while yet  Undecided

Looks like I got that wrong  Roll Eyes

even Phinnaeus Gage dropped by.

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:20:49 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 04:21:25 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I don't expect this thread to be busy for quite a while yet  Undecided

Looks like I got that wrong  Roll Eyes

even Phinnaeus Gage dropped by.

I woke up this mornin' with the sundown shinin' in
I found my mind in a brown paper bag, but then...
I tripped on a cloud and fell-a eight miles high
I tore my mind on a jagged sky
I just dropped in to see what condition YOUR condition was in

From what I've read, it's not looking too rosy. Case in point, the following, beautifully written, apology letter. Please, nobody quote me, for I don't want the fuckers who have me on ignore to benefit first, in front of you kind folks, due to me exposing more shit on Black Arrow.

"But, but, but... It's only a letter! Surely you can't take such a simple act and stick it up BA's ass... Or can you?"

Watch me! <as I talk to/answer myself thinking that my doctor says I'm improving>

The email is this one:

We have to inform you that our schedule to manufacture and assemble the system has been disrupted and we are unable to make delivery of the Batch 1 Minion ASIC chip on the initial scheduled date (end of February). We are now expecting to dispatch all Batch 1 orders on 1st of May 2014.

Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets. However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping in order to ensure that the product provides the best-possible user experience.

Without this delay we would have achieved 1.5W/Ghash which would have meant that our chip would not have been competitive at all.

We have now finalized the design process using our newly improved code and will start manufacturing the chip (tape out) in the next few days.

We are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption. We confirm that our latest improved design has the following technical specifications:

·0.75w/Ghash on TT corner @ 25C which is expected to run at 120Ghash/sec.

·SS corner will be 0.6w/ghash and will run at 100Ghash.

·A further underclocking and underpower should be possible and should yield 80Ghash @ 0.5W/ghash. However, please note that this is not guaranteed to work stable.

Please note, that a further push for improvement in the optimization process would have guaranteed further delays for at least 1-2 months.

It is no secret to us that the Bitcoin mining process is proving to be more and more difficult every day. To compensate our loyal customer for the unforeseen delay of in delivering our miners for batch 1, we are happy to offer free extra hashing power which consists of 25% of your purchased hashing power from our Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months.

The account for the tape-out has been settled in full and we are confident that the delivery will be completed shortly.

We are taking all the necessary measures and positive actions to expedite delivery to you as soon possible and we are confident that we have the resources to be successful.

Please note:

·We estimate that the delivery for the Batch1 will coincide with the delivery of the Batch2
·The delivery of Batch2 remains unchanged
·The one-off offer presented above is open to the customers who placed orders for Batch1

Sincerely,
The Black Arrow Software Team

What should be clear is that I can't think of a single person at Team Black Arrow that's capable of penning the above, let alone somebody on their Software Team. The only person who may come close is Kano, who's located in Oz (fuck me! just thought of something I may have to research, even though I somewhat like the guy in spite of how he feels about me in this regard--BA).

Did anybody here, having an order on the books for BA product, have the question cross their mind, after reading the above apology letter, as to who wrote it? Don't think too hard, for remember, you have more money than brain cells, and you don't want to compromise any of the few you have left.

Yes, I could've penned what needs to be said in one short sentence, but then I wouldn't get to play doctor, trying to reactivate some brain cells in my patience's heads, pro bono to boot.

Without further ado, for I'm booked on the course to play 36 holes of Snow Golf, I present to you lazy fucks the author of the above apology letter: http://www.effective-business-letters.com/Example-Of-Business-Apology-Letter.html

BTW, here's what happens when you don't follow the script...wait for it...to the letter:

...to expedite delivery to you as soon possible and...

Thank you for allowing me to play through.

~TMIBTCITW

PS: Without posts like mine, you do realize that it would take a Fortnight™ for this thread to get to page two.
Colin Miner

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 04:10:02 PM

Thank you for allowing me to play through.

You are always welcome  Smiley

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:43:20 AM

Glad I decided to go with my gut and avoid these guys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: