Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FUD] MtGox's DEATH - Bitcoin headed towards darkness?  (Read 949 times)
daserpent1 (OP)

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 06:17:46 PM by Benson Samuel

As we all know by now, mtgox is in big trouble. They say they will release a new statement on 10th Feb 2014, which most likely would be "we have sent all the stuck bitcoins back, but fiat withdrawals still won't go through".

What if, none of the future btc withdrawals don't work either? And mtgox finally admits to going belly up, like 2 months later?

What would happen when mtgox finally admits that it is in big trouble and can't serve us anymore? Would the bitcoin prices fall sharply AGAIN? Or would the prices hold steady (because its not like all exchanges will shutdown).

What I personally think will happen on Monday is, mtgox will release the "stuck" bitcoins back to the owners, and the respective owners will again try to withdraw all their btc holdings because not a lot of people trust mtgox anymore. And what happens when mtgox again receives thousands of withdrawal requests on monday? The coins get "stuck" again (i.e. if it indeed is a technical issue)!

Do you really think that they can fix a REAL technical issue in just 2 days ? If they were that competent, wouldn't they have fixed the technical glitch a long time ago?

I have some money held up with mtgox, and I really do hope that i do get my coins back, but I like to live in the reality. I know, there is something BIG going on inside mtgox - Either they are keeping the coins for themselves as part of an elaborate ponzi scheme OR they are in big trouble with the authorities and hence, can't release any coins until the authorities let them do so.

Either way, this DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. Like many will agree, its best that mtgox pays us back what they owe us and shuts down for good. Because all these price fluctuations caused by the mtgox uncertainity is making many new small-time investors lose their life savings.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 06:19:49 PM

Mt Gox is not Bitcoin.
Agreed that a bad loss may occur, but it is not really going to stop Bitcoin.

Maybe Mtgox may shut down or they may sell the company, which I hope they do. Someone better may run it like a cheetah Smiley
Gox has been an awesome platform over the years, just riddled with crappy maintenance.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 06:27:42 PM

As we all know by now, mtgox is in big trouble. They say they will release a new statement on 10th Feb 2014, which most likely would be "we have sent all the stuck bitcoins back, but fiat withdrawals still won't go through".

What if, none of the future btc withdrawals don't work either? And mtgox finally admits to going belly up, like 2 months later?

What would happen when mtgox finally admits that it is in big trouble and can't serve us anymore? Would the bitcoin prices fall sharply AGAIN? Or would the prices hold steady (because its not like all exchanges will shutdown).

What I personally think will happen on Monday is, mtgox will release the "stuck" bitcoins back to the owners, and the respective owners will again try to withdraw all their btc holdings because not a lot of people trust mtgox anymore. And what happens when mtgox again receives thousands of withdrawal requests on monday? The coins get "stuck" again (i.e. if it indeed is a technical issue)!

Do you really think that they can fix a REAL technical issue in just 2 days ? If they were that competent, wouldn't they have fixed the technical glitch a long time ago?

I have some money held up with mtgox, and I really do hope that i do get my coins back, but I like to live in the reality. I know, there is something BIG going on inside mtgox - Either they are keeping the coins for themselves as part of an elaborate ponzi scheme OR they are in big trouble with the authorities and hence, can't release any coins until the authorities let them do so.

Either way, this DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. Like many will agree, its best that mtgox pays us back what they owe us and shuts down for good. Because all these price fluctuations caused by the mtgox uncertainity is making many new small-time investors lose their life savings.

Mt Gox suffers issues.

It does not looks good but we should wait with any panic.
They are one of the biggest crypto exchange around so I guess they will do their best to solve problem and earn some more profits.

We should just wait those 2 day for answers.

Thats is.

But surely, if MtGox will die - it might make some skahing with BTC price.

BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC
techguy

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:40:26 PM

Mt Gox is one of the un-disputed & highly reputed Exchange.

I don't think FUD will bring back your coins. Just wait...relax until monday. If nothing positive comes, then think about the ActionPlan !!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 06:44:39 PM

Mt Gox is one of the un-disputed & highly reputed Exchange.

I don't think FUD will bring back your coins. Just wait...relax until monday. If nothing positive comes, then think about the ActionPlan !!

Just like that!
Wait with no panic before they announce some news
techguy

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:59:44 PM

OP has opened same thread in other section. Interested people can continue discussion there - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455519.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: