Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:35:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do people have to pay taxes on Bitcoin?  (Read 17739 times)
primejia

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:04:23 AM

Tax law is dependent on your country and locality. Recently in the United States, the IRS has declared that Bitcoin is to be treated as property, not currency, for tax purposes. All income in the US is taxed, regardless of what form it takes. If you’re paid in bitcoins, you’re supposed to pay taxes on your earnings at the BTC/USD exchange rate when you receive payment.

Is it a good decision or bad?
very good, because if you want bitcoin to be advanced and recognized throughout the world, one of the best ways is to apply a tax, taxes can be of various kinds, one of which is income tax, entrance tax, buying and selling taxes and various kinds of taxes, but basically tax will make an item considered legal, and things like this do not need to be confused, we just follow the existing system.
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:07:08 PM

Honestly, i dont want to pay taxes. Who wants to give the government the money who you hard earned for? Its just an extra income and a digital currency and maybe taxing it isnt necessary. But anyways, if the government told you to do that, you should do it. Tax is based on the percentage of your earnings. The higher the earnings, the higher the tax and vice versa. Gladly we dont have to pay taxes in the country.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:40:35 PM

Tax law is dependent on your country and locality. Recently in the United States, the IRS has declared that Bitcoin is to be treated as property, not currency, for tax purposes. All income in the US is taxed, regardless of what form it takes. If you’re paid in bitcoins, you’re supposed to pay taxes on your earnings at the BTC/USD exchange rate when you receive payment.

I believe that being a person living in one state or country has rhe obligation to pay taxes when we gain profit by any means,and that includes cryptocurrency..we are entitled for our freedom to find ways of income but we have no freedom to not pay for taxes,and even in caesar’s time according to bible all the people live in rome required to pay taxes,so what more in our time that infrastructures and building are being built continuously to help us,and become comfortable
btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:44:14 PM

Honestly, i dont want to pay taxes. Who wants to give the government the money who you hard earned for? Its just an extra income and a digital currency and maybe taxing it isnt necessary. But anyways, if the government told you to do that, you should do it. Tax is based on the percentage of your earnings. The higher the earnings, the higher the tax and vice versa. Gladly we dont have to pay taxes in the country.
Ofcourse all of us don’t want our earned money in crypto to he taxed since many of us are just doing this for extra income and not as main sources.but it wasnt possible if the government requires us to pay so,and even if we are not convinced yet we are obliged but lets hope with reasonable percentage and not more than 20% i guess?what you think guys?

alina345

Activity: 119
Merit: 6

Hello =)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 06:30:24 PM

It depends on the law of a country, and most of the countries haven't imposed any kind of taxes on Bitcoin. Many people are afraid to take the risk but the reality is that Bitcoin is free from government taxes.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:38:37 AM

when it has become a rule, we are obliged to obey the rule, if you hear the income in crypto is given a tax, then you must pay it. whatever your purpose is like a side income or whatever, You must pay it. but if there are no rules, then you have no requirement to pay
jhon15

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:06:12 AM

if it's legal in your country, and it's regulated in government, that might be a good thing because it only sets aside a part of your money to pay for it and that has become a law in your country, so it's impossible to avoid or violated.
if in my country, the Crypto currency is not legal, so what will happen in the future is unknown, if it is legal and there are tax rules it might be the best and I will follow it.

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:29:37 PM

Taxes for holders of cryptocurrency need to be paid so that the cryptocurrency can develop further. The state will only accept the cryptocurrency and will take measures to its use by citizens if it sees that the cryptocurrency brings income to the treasury. If citizens evade paying taxes, states will be forced to retaliate
and limit the circulation of cryptocurrency.

BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 05:43:07 AM

In stock trading, people already pays their taxes when they put their buy and sell orders so I think it should be also that way when it comes to btc. Now on the services and business that accepts btc, I agree that there should be taxes on their profits.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 04:55:34 AM

If the tax on profits from operations with cryptocurrency will be established in our country of residence, we will have to pay taxes, although it is possible that we will not be able to pay it due to the fact that these operations cannot be traced. Taxes must be paid so that the state does not take retaliatory measures aimed at restricting circulation, or even prohibiting cryptocurrency. If a profit is marked from the circulation of a cryptocurrency in a state, this will facilitate its speedy legalization and the emergence of an infrastructure for the development of its function as a means of payment.

Carrelmae10

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 05:38:33 AM

..the implementation of tax payee depends on the government you belong,,many countries threated bitcoin as assets,,so that they can impose tax to those people who uses Bitcoin,,but other countries dont accept bitcoins,,but instead threated it as a crypto currencies,,so they are not imposing taxes to those people who are earning in crypto..But in my opinion,,Bitcoin is not an asset to pay taxes on it,,so there is no need for you to pay your tax while you have Bitcoin,,because it is decentralized that can never halt in earning on it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 07:12:25 AM

In stock trading, people already pays their taxes when they put their buy and sell orders so I think it should be also that way when it comes to btc. Now on the services and business that accepts btc, I agree that there should be taxes on their profits.
All people who enjoy the benefits of a trade transaction must pay taxes, including the owners of bitcoin. Because taxes are used for the country's prosperity and the country's operational costs.
So, more and more users of bitcoin will also have more tax revenues for the country so the role of bitcoin for the country's progress is very real.

Iqra.s

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 10:30:05 AM

I have never paid the tax of BTC ever
But I guess in most countries BTC get taxes
Script

Activity: 263

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 07:41:02 PM

The payment of taxes from BTC depends on the laws of the country in which the owner of BTC lives. It is logical that if Crypta is legitimate and you have a cryptocurrency income, then you have to pay the tax.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 09:36:51 PM

The payment of taxes from BTC depends on the laws of the country in which the owner of BTC lives. It is logical that if Crypta is legitimate and you have a cryptocurrency income, then you have to pay the tax.

I agree on it . i hear that some countries are not force to pay you taxes especially if you are only working from home .  most have been taxed are the ones that own a business and a business establishment on public places  . unfortunately here on our country , there is a law about taxing in which people that work online are now not exempted to tax  . idk exactly how it works and how i can be charged by tax , maybe its a self serve  .
olliecrypto

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 03:09:39 PM

just curious, why you feel paying tax is always a good decision.
I have not seen many people into bitcoin sharing that sentiment, so i am curious about your outlook.

Taking part of the economy by paying tax is always a good decision. Why would you evade your tax if you are earning good with bitcoin?

There are countries has no clear regulations about bitcoin but they don't ban it so you can voluntarily declare your tax income to the government and tell them that it came from bitcoin.

Declare how much you've earned and they'll calculate the tax.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 05:26:33 AM

it is not wise thinking, if you do not pay taxes, your country will not be able to get income and certainly they will not be able to move the wheels of government to build infrastructure, help the poor, and other countries interests. if the rules have been applied in bitcoin, then I will pay taxes
treslebres

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 02:48:36 PM

In Brazil, we need to declare Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as properties as well. We only pay taxes if we sell more than 35k BRL in profit. If we have 30,000 BTC for example and sell less than 35k BRL per month, we are free to pay taxes. Cheesy
hen cet

Activity: 349

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 03:27:35 AM

In conducting transactions through cyberspace, the government cannot impose taxes, because everything is internet, bitcoin transactions are one of them.
The government is looking for loopholes that can attract bitcoin ownership taxes, including through bitcoin exchanges when withdrawals become cash. Because all bitcoin owners must show KYC when withdrawing for administration.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 07:41:48 AM

Well, this is a case to case basis. Bitcoin taxation will depend on what country you are living in. You can't deny if your country having implemented taxation on crypto because usually bitcoin holder now will submit KYC/AML verifications through their wallet. But we are so lucky here in our country, so far Bitcoin has non-taxation to the government here in we are enjoyed cash in cash out without deducting tax.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: